• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Introductions / Meet ANN / Tell us about Yourself (w/ index).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:06 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
And I just realized that I said a guy was cute.

*laughs* Kamiya can be VERY cute when he's trying to go for that look. Other times he's incredibly cool. Hard to believe he's 37, but as most fans will agree, he's like wine and gets better with age, LoL.

And I can seriously continue talking about him forever so you better stop me while you can, haha.
Knoepfchen

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:26 pm Reply with quote
Hello, konnichiwa, bon día,

I'm new here so I will start with introducing myself.

Name: Anne

Sex: Female

Marital Status: married

Age: early 30s, although one might have difficulties believing that considering my silliness

Ethnicity: earthling

Religion: agnostic, but not completely free of all spirituality, I would say

Pets: 5 dogs, all adopted. They're not pets but family.

Likes: Besides the obvious which made me register in this forum: hiking, camping, martial arts, learning more about and from different cultures, animal welfare, torturing my guitar

Dislikes: ignorant, arrogant, and superficial people, abuse of the weak

Favorite anime: Among them would be, in no particular order, Trigun, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Mononoke, Wolf's Rain, Fate/Zero (and almost everything written by Urobuchi), Princess Tutu

Favorite manga: 20th Century Boys, Trigun

Favorite seiyuu: Takahiro Sakurai. I also like Shō Hayami, Mamoru Miyano, Hikaru Midorikawa, Shinichiro Miki, Yoshimasa Hosoya, Tomokazu Seki, Satsuki Yukino ...

Favorite Books: The Lord of the Rings, The Neverending Story, Nineteen Eighty-Four, Long Walk to Freedom, and I enjoy Michael Crichton and Philip K. Dick.

Favorite game: I'm not really a gamer, although I can enjoy some GTA or Zelda from time to time.

Favorite TV shows/Movies: Too many to name them all. Almost everything written or diredcted by Joss Whedon, James Cameron, Zhang Yimou, Jim Jarmusch, David Lynch; Babylon 5, Friday Night Lights, Breaking Bad, The Walking Dead, Six Feet Under, One flew over the Cuckoo's Nest, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, Back to the Future, Crouching Tiger, hidden Dragon, Citizen Kane, Das Leben der Anderen, Children of Men ...

Favorite Sites: wikitravel, TV tropes

Favorite Sport (to play): Iaidō and Jōdō, Kyokushin Kaikan

Favorite Music: some jazz, some classical music, Billy Joel, Burt Bacharach, Joni Mitchell, Queen, Leonard Bernstein, Yoko Kanno ...

Job: translator, German teacher

Hobbies: animal welfare, being outdoors, hiking, martial arts, playing music with friends (more for the fun than for the quality of it)

Fun facts about Anne:
- a vegetarian for 20 years now
- volunteer in our local animal shelter
- want to take the first JLPT next year, hopefully => done Very Happy
- my nick is German for "tiny button" which is the name of one of our dogs (the one in the picture with the catbus)

Can't think of much more about myself at the moment. I am really looking forward to sharing my passion about anime with likeminded people from all over the world.

Last edited by Knoepfchen on Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:34 am; edited 3 times in total
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:07 pm Reply with quote
Knoepfchen/Anne--
  1. Welcome to the fora! Cool I hope that you enjoy yourself here! Very Happy
  2. How did you end up in Spain?
  3. How did you find this website?
  4. What does bon día mean?

You do not have to answer the questions, of course; but one inquiring mind does want to know! Wink
Knoepfchen

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:26 pm Reply with quote
Hi nbahn,

thanks for welcoming me.

We ended up in Spain because we wanted to experience something new after so many years in Germany. Since we knew Spain pretty well and have friends here in Catalunya, the choice was rather easy, as we were very much in love with the nature and landscape around here already.

I found this website searching for anime forums, this one had the biggest appeal for me, it seemed rather mature compared to others, and since I am rather grown up myself, at least in years, it seemed to be the best fit for me. Smile

"Bon dia" is Catalan for "good day". Since I am living in Catalunya, I thought I should say hi in my country's language as well.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:48 pm Reply with quote
Great, more multi language member to make me feel bad about not learning the other language I tried to learn at the beginning of the year. Razz

Welcome to the forums Knoepfchen.
kaydub

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:39 pm Reply with quote
Willkommen! What part of Germany are you from, if you don't mind me asking?
Knoepfchen

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:51 am Reply with quote
Thank you.

I'm from the northern part of Germany, close to Hamburg.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:07 am Reply with quote
Welcome! You're taking the JLPT? What level if you don't mind me asking? I took the N5 two weeks ago and it was fairly easy (well, it's the easiest one after all, I kind of regretted not taking the next level) but the rules and regulations are incredibly strict, to the point of hilarity.

They make such a huge emphasis on the prohibition towards cellphones, like, if it so much as vibrates during the test, you're disqualified. Even if your wristwatch emits an alarm beep is enough to get you disqualified. Looking back on it it's kind of funny, but at the moment I was sweating cold sweat praying that my phone wouldn't go off for some reason
aibiki

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:17 am Reply with quote
Good morning. c:

Name: Biki

Pets: 1 cat c: (there are others in the house, but she is mine)

Likes: things that don't cause me headaches, aesthetically pleasing male figures, pretty pictures, enjoyable company

Dislikes: children, people who overly act like children, in-your-face shippers (or fans in general), cliche character designs and backgrounds [red+black design with an emo tragedy backstory for example], many who fall under the weeaboo category(especially if they're the type who shouldn't be jumping on/glomping people :C I would get hurt so easily by them *see below*)

Favorite anime: Yu Yu Hakusho, Oreimo, Madoka Magica, Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei

Favorite manga: Kuroshitsuji, Loveless, Gravitation, Aoi House

Favorite voice actor: Justin Cook I guess? I dunno, I don't really have one.

Favorite Books: HP series, The Princess Diaries, Interview with the Vampire, Howl's Moving Castle, The Bartimaeus Trilogy

Favorite game: Final Fantasy IX, Metal Gear Solid 3, Pokemon Heartgold (or, crystal + yellow), minecraft, Katamari Forever, Skyrim, Assassin's Creed (well, the series anyway)

Favorite TV shows: The X-Files, MLP:FiM, Supernatural (sort of, I've just started watching it, on s1 ep6)

Movies: Princess Mononoke, Howl's Moving Castle, Rise of the Guardians, Tangled, Iron Man, The Avengers

Favorite Sport (to play): Soccer

Favorite Music: there's a lot *.*

Job: Wannabe artist?

Hobbies: drawing, reading, video games, tumblr, occasionally D&D/paper games

Fun facts about Biki:
+ is a romantic asexual, possibly demisexual but unsure
+ This account was made on a whim
+I have been really outside the times when it comes to anime, except what we watched in club this last semester
+ I manage to dislocate a kneecap at least twice a year, if not more.
+Just about all things I like and people I know now can be traced back to my cousin letting me play Final Fantasy IX when I was 11.
+I've also been drawing since I was about 12-ish. c: (And if I hadn't started out in anime, I would be much further along than I am.)
+annd, I recently dyed my hair bright pink c:

Last edited by aibiki on Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:30 am; edited 1 time in total
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:25 am Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:
They make such a huge emphasis on the prohibition towards cellphones, like, if it so much as vibrates during the test, you're disqualified. Even if your wristwatch emits an alarm beep is enough to get you disqualified. Looking back on it it's kind of funny, but at the moment I was sweating cold sweat praying that my phone wouldn't go off for some reason
Then why would you not turn it off and leave it in a bag, that is what all tests I have done in aus.

And welcome to the forum aibiki.
poonk

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:26 am Reply with quote
aibiki wrote:
Likes: things that don't cause me headaches, aesthetically pleasing male figures, pretty pictures, enjoyable company
(emphasis mine)

Ooh, I sense we'll get along rather well.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
CrowLia

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:27 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
CrowLia wrote:
Then why would you not turn it off and leave it in a bag, that is what all tests I have done in aus.

And welcome to the forum aibiki.

I mean, I did. I turned it off, turned off all the alarms, shut down the calendar, triple checked that I turned it off and I was STILL super nervous. That's how much they grind you on how you're gonna die if that shit starts ringing
aibiki

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:31 am Reply with quote
poonk wrote:
aibiki wrote:
(emphasis mine)

Ooh, I sense we'll get along [url= well[/url].
Ohh yes, I do believe we shall. c:

And thank you, DuskyPredator. c:
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:47 pm Reply with quote
aibiki--
Welcome to the fora!
Even though you joined on a whim, I do hope that you enjoy yourself here. Cool Very Happy
aibiki

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:33 pm Reply with quote
nbahn wrote:
aibiki--
Welcome to the fora!
Even though you joined on a whim, I do hope that you enjoy yourself here. Cool Very Happy

I do hope I do too.

Though, looking at the forums there is nothing immediately apparent I would want to post in. :\
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 169 of 233