• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Introductions / Meet ANN / Tell us about Yourself (w/ index).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thousandfold_perception

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:35 am Reply with quote
Animastryfe wrote:

@Thousandfold Perception: Your likes and dislikes greatly interest me.

Is that positive or negative feedback?
Specifics, man. SPECIFICS!Very Happy

Psycho 101 wrote:

Hopefully you'll all find some small piece of anime paradise here and enjoy your stay. And if not.....well Razz Razz Razz on you heh. It is nice to see someone else though who likes to bake as much as I do thousandfold. Do you prefer baking cakes, pies or breads? I myself love baking bread and pies personally.

Another person who likes baking? cool! Recently I've set my sights on conquering puff pastry, put that will take a while. Cakes are okay but you can do anything with pies.Twisted Evil The only real bread I've attempted was melon pan because I wanted to prove Yakitate!! Japan wrong.

Well thanks for the enthusiastic welcome!
WeBuyAnime

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:26 am Reply with quote
Hello all!

Name: Chris

Sex: Male

Blood Type: A+

Marital Status: Happily Married

Religion: --------Top Secret-----

Pets: Hummer the coolest yorkie ever!

Drink/Smoke: No smoking, but I occasionally go out for a drink.

Likes: Weightlifting, computers, reading, Anime, socializing, ummm and Grilling.

Dislikes: Twisted Evil

Favorite Anime: Tenchi Moyo---Got to love the classics.

Favorite Manga: Bleach/Rosario+Vampire.

Favorite Books: Dark Victory by William Shatner

Favorite Game: World Of Warcraft lmao had to stop playing 

Favorite TV Shows/Movies: O So Many

Favorite Drink: Don’t care as long as it’s good!

Non-Alcoholic Drink: Sam Choice Clear American --Black Cherry--

Favorite Foods: Cheesecake

Favorite Sites: Anime sites in general

Favorite Sport: Open

Favorite Sport (to play): Whatever!

Favorite Music: L33t Street Boys lol

Job: USAF/Owner WeBuyAnime.com

Hobbies: Currently I am building an online anime store hoping to provide anime/Manga and so on cheaper than everyone else. I know a tall order but it passes the time lol.

Last edited by WeBuyAnime on Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Fuusamurai

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:19 pm Reply with quote
Psycho 101 wrote:
And Fuusamurai also gets +5 awesome points for having beer as his favorite drink heh. I'd love to know your brews of choice as a beer fan myself. You might also say hi to our very own Dannish moderator abunai. Maybe you can study the dark side under him and then one day you guys can launch in invasion and take over ANN. Then we'll have the Danish flag as our background under our new overlord abunai heh. I better shut up now before I give him anymore ideas.

ahem - I'm a girl, lol.

But year, I'm trying to get more danish people to watch anime and join this site- so eventually things will end up like that.

And "hej" (thats hi) Abunai.
Fuusamurai

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:52 pm Reply with quote
RMC wrote:

Marital Status: Single and lookin'. Wink I've been looking for a girlfriend who loves Anime for a while now. They're kinda hard to find where I live!

I love romance above all things. I'm still looking for my angel and unlike my friend who posted before me, I still believe they exist. Very Happy I will nevaarrr give up searching! I just have to find her; she's out there somewhere.

Despite my opinionated nature, I'm very nurturing and have a kind of servant's mentality in most things. I just figure that the best way to change the world is to begin with yourself, you know? It's not easy and you get stepped on a lot but hey, at least you make the world a little bit better.

I love learning. Teach me stuff and I will listen to you endlessly.

And last but certainly not least, I'm a great shoulder to rest on. I try very hard to be empathetic to people.

You've got yourself a .... of a dating profile there Wink
Bluebeard

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:22 pm Reply with quote
Hello everyone! Not only am I new to the forums, but I'm still very new to anime as it is. I hated it for the longest time until someone finally showed me that there's more to anime than the dubbed shonen ninja shows on television which led to my irrational dislike of all anime in general. This is the third forum I've tried, and the first I've actually posted an introduction on, because you guys seem a lot more mature than the other places I first visited. I think I'll have fun here.

Name: Ryan

Blood Type: Red

Marital Status: Single

Ethnicity:White People. Not even any of the interesting countries Confused

Religion:Pagan

Pets: None at the moment.

Drink/Smoke: I'll drink absolutely anything except whiskey. Which is odd, because I love scotch. And I get upset when people call "scotch" just "whiskey". They're totally different! 1 = disgusting, 1 = awesome. I hate smoking even more than I hate whiskey.

Likes: Horror Movies, Anime, Pretentious pre-20'th century European literature, The New England Patriots, Degenerate Gambling, Collecting and attributing ancient Roman coins, Guild Wars, Cocoa Krispies.

Dislikes: Smoking, Baseball, Soccer, Politics (Proud Unregistered Voter!), Poorly done endings to movies and books, Keanu Reeves as Jonathan Harker, Post-Aegis Theatre of Tragedy, The Indianapolis Colts, Modern American literature, PETA, The New York Jets, Intolerance- religious and otherwise, Guns, Comedies lacking intelligent humor, Absurd protests by hippies against the hot topic of the month, Losing money gambling, My current situation in life, Musicals, Sushi- I don't care how cool it is to like it, College Football, Space Exploration, Girls who wear pants with words written on their butt

Favorite anime:

Favorite Series I've Completed - Chobits
Favorite Series I'm Currently Watching - Rumbling Hearts

Other Noteables- Rozen Maiden, Ah! My Goddess, Kanon, Death Note, Shuffle!, Kaiji

Favorite Manga (Light novels): Godchild

Favorite Books: Oh God... this might be longer than my Dislikes list. The Sorrows of Young Werther, Faust, Don Quixote, Dracula, The Canterbury Tales, Tristan & Iseult, The Divine Comedy, Harry Potter, The Decameron, The Plague (By Camus, as I'm certain there are other books with the same title), Frankenstein, Down and Out in Paris and London, & the poetry of Coleridge, Shelley, and Sappho.

Favorite game: Guild Wars

Favorite TV shows/Movies:

Movies - Andy Warhol's "Blood For Dracula", Return of the Living Dead 1 & 3, (Not 2 or 4! 5 I was neutral on.), Rebecca, Cemetery Man, Black Sunday, Dracula, True Romance, May, American Psycho, High Tension, Star Wars, Lock Stock and 2 Smoking Barrels, The Running Man, Army of Darkness, Edward Scissorhands, Silence of the Lambs, Serenity, Bad Santa, Saw, The Nightmare Before Christmas, The Sting, Brotherhood of the Wolf, Tristan and Isolde, Indiana Jones, Lars and the Real Girl, Juno

TV- Married With Children, Firefly, Buffy, Angel, Six Feet Under, OZ, Carnivale, PTI

Favorite Drink: Scotch on the rocks

Non-Alcoholic Drink: Surge. I don't care if they haven't made it for 10 years.

Favorite Foods: Soup, Calimari, Fish & Chips, Those wicked good Papa Ginos breadsticks

Favorite Sites: Myspace, eBay, & Yahoo! Sports.

Favorite Sport (to watch):NFL Tackle Football

Favorite Sport (to play):Fencing

Favorite Music: Gothic Metal & Punk

Job: Retail Supervisor

Hobbies: Guild Wars, Ancient Roman Coins, Anime

Fun facts about Ryan:

I have only been watching anime for 5 weeks at the time I write this
I love EGA/EGL style fashion
I only had to wait in line for 2 hours at AB '08!

Favorite Quotes:

"To die, to be really dead, that must be glorious!"
-Tod Browning's "Dracula" (1931)

Pictures:

On my Myspace - http://www.myspace.com/baronbeer

Last edited by Bluebeard on Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
RMC

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:26 pm Reply with quote
Fuusamurai wrote:
RMC wrote:

Marital Status: Single and lookin'. Wink I've been looking for a girlfriend who loves Anime for a while now. They're kinda hard to find where I live!

I love romance above all things. I'm still looking for my angel and unlike my friend who posted before me, I still believe they exist. Very Happy I will nevaarrr give up searching! I just have to find her; she's out there somewhere.

Despite my opinionated nature, I'm very nurturing and have a kind of servant's mentality in most things. I just figure that the best way to change the world is to begin with yourself, you know? It's not easy and you get stepped on a lot but hey, at least you make the world a little bit better.

I love learning. Teach me stuff and I will listen to you endlessly.

And last but certainly not least, I'm a great shoulder to rest on. I try very hard to be empathetic to people.

It just means I'm a sad, lonely person doesn't it? Crying or Very sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime
Amayirot Akago

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:12 am Reply with quote
I'm Amayirot Akago, 21 years of age, from the Netherlands, gamer, otaku, and general lover of weirdness. I got started with anime back when I first saw Dragon Ball Z on TV here, and from there on moved on to bigger and better stuff, and am still watching and greatly enjoying anime to this day. In fact, I am currently enrolled to begin a course in Oriental Languages And Communication (focusing on Japanese) starting in September because of the interest in Japanese culture and language I've developed over the years.

As far as my tastes in anime are concerned I mostly watch action and/or comedy, and as mentioned I'm a huge lover of weirdness. I also enjoy the occasional romance, ecchi or whatever other anime sparks my interest. There's practically nothing I wouldn't watch if it sounds interesting enough. In fact there's very few anime I honestly dislike, although of course I enjoy certain anime more than others.

I'm also a huge music nut. Once I've finished a movie or series (anime or otherwise) I'll usually immediately obtain the soundtrack for it even if it's just for a single song that I liked, and currently I have a huge collection of (anime) music that's growing by the day.

I of course also have a few interests outside of anime; as mentioned I greatly enjoy video games, and own a PC (which is in dire need of replacement due to outdated hardware, but since I mostly play old stuff anyways it's not that urgent), a DS and a Wii. I dabble sometimes in creative hobbies like art, music and writing though I rarely have the patience to pursue them far enough. I also enjoy doing voice acting, which has lead to me join the teams of 3 freeware games currently in the making. Other than that I enjoy reading books occasionally, and currently I'm following and being a huge fan of Heroes, Doctor Who (season 4 of which starts next Saturday!) and Torchwood (season 2 of which ends next Friday).

Phew, never written such an extensive introduction. So, yoroshiku gozaimasu (nice to meet you) to you all, and hopefully we'll all get along Very Happy
Fuusamurai

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:17 pm Reply with quote
RMC wrote:
Quote:

It just means I'm a sad, lonely person doesn't it? Crying or Very sad

no not at all Smile
Asian Guy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:56 am Reply with quote
Hi all, I'm new in here even just still around 5 days. I just notive this topic so the introduction thread are kind of late from me.
- My real name is <secret>
- My spefic location other than in Asia is <secret>
- My hobby is playing asian video games only especially Anime MMORPG, watching Asian animation only especially Naruto and Gundam series, messing with graphic and html code.
- My favorite colour are red and white when red is a symbol for bravery and white is a symbol for holiness.
- My favorite quote is Truth Never Lose and Proud To Be Asian!
- My favorite food is, hmm can not decide it since too many.
- What I like the most is making peoples to doubt me and in the end making them fall into piece by their own doubt on me Razz

Nice to meet you all, and please no bully for newbe Embarassed

[Edit: Leave the politics out of it. You hate the US, good for you, but this is an anime forum, not a forum for debating foreign policy or for using as a soapbox to spread half-truths and rabid nationalistic hatred and racism. - Keonyn]
*watanuki*

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:06 pm Reply with quote
Hi , Surprised
I guess that's my turn...
Well I noticed the loooooong list of things to write in order to present oneself, and I'm a bit lazy, please forgive me.

If sometimes you're wondering about the way I write, or if you don't understand at all what the hell I just meant, let me explain this : I live in very very far away land, somewhere in... France. Well, is that enough to have me banned ??? Very Happy

I love Studio 4°C and Tengen Toppa, i don't have pets, I'm around 25 and my studies are about french litterature, something I like to read when I'm not buying mangas...

Well, hope that's enough ?

Oh yeah, what I dislike ??? I don't know, too many things I guess...
See you on the forum then.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:29 am Reply with quote
As another week rolls by it's time for some more welcomes for all the new people. So a big ANN howdy howdy to *watanuki*, Amayirot Akago, Bluebeard, WeBuyAnime, RMC, HyperIce, and even Asianguy to be fair. I see most of you are already helping to make this a better place by posting. So keep up the good posting. As part of your welcome to our community you all get to receive your very own mystery welcome bag of goodies. *Hands them each a brown bag* Inside your bags you will each find a handful of walnut shells, a broken door knob, 2 feathers from an Auk, and 3 random teeth found on the ice after a local ice hockey game. I hope you guys and gals enjoy your fine gifts. So welcome to ANN and don't forget these words of wisdom; A male gynecologist is like an auto mechanic who never owned a car

Fuusamurai wrote:
Psycho 101 wrote:
And Fuusamurai also gets +5 awesome points for having beer as his favorite drink heh. I'd love to know your brews of choice as a beer fan myself. You might also say hi to our very own Dannish moderator abunai. Maybe you can study the dark side under him and then one day you guys can launch in invasion and take over ANN. Then we'll have the Danish flag as our background under our new overlord abunai heh. I better shut up now before I give him anymore ideas.

ahem - I'm a girl, lol.

But year, I'm trying to get more danish people to watch anime and join this site- so eventually things will end up like that.

And "hej" (thats hi) Abunai.

Sorry, my mistake. You get +5 more awesome points for being a girl and liking beer. There's not too many of them who aren't a bit trashy in the process. So extra points for you.

thousandfold_perception wrote:

Another person who likes baking? cool! Recently I've set my sights on conquering puff pastry, put that will take a while. Cakes are okay but you can do anything with pies.Twisted Evil The only real bread I've attempted was melon pan because I wanted to prove Yakitate!! Japan wrong.

Well thanks for the enthusiastic welcome!

Puff pastry still kick me in the teeth when I try to make any lol. But after this fall when I take more classes we'll see about that. And I agree about the pies. I mean not only are there limitless pie fillings but if you change the crust then it can be totally different even with the same filling. I personally LOVE the smell of fresh baked bread so I do a lot of bread baking. I have this sweet bread I make with dried cherries, sunflower seeds (shelled of course), and brown sugar that is to die for.

Last edited by Redbeard 101 on Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:01 am; edited 1 time in total
GhstDreamer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:12 pm Reply with quote
Sex: Female

Blood Type: B+

Religion: Buddhist

Likes: Shopping for designer handbags, anime, asian dramas, manga and keeping track of the stockmarket

Dislikes: Allergic reactions, weekly shots, owning a crappy vehicle (I need to buy a new car this summer)

Favorite anime: Monster, Mushishi, Twelve Kingdoms, Captain Tylor, Utena, Niea_7, Jin-Roh, Ghost in the Shell, Paranoia Agent, Kino no Tabi and Yu Yu Hakusho

Favorite Manga: Eden: It's an Endless World, xxxHolic, Petshop of Horrors, Banana Fish, Haru wo Daiteita, Flower of Life, Antique Bakery, Kindaichi Case Files and Kurosagi Corpse Delivery

Favorite Books: The Mind's I - a collection of works by other authors compiled by Dennett, Treatise of Human Nature by Hume, Pest Control by Fitzhugh, Naked Lunch by Burroughs, The Jade Peony and All that Matters by Wayson Choy

Favorite game: Resident Evil 1, 2 and 4, Fatal Frame 2, Silent Hill 1 (the creepiest with the bad graphics) - basically any other violent video games involving lots of killing. Oh and Final Fantasy VII.

Favourite TV shows: Carnivale, Millenium, Futurama, Star Trek: DSN, Law&Order: SVU, The Green Hope, Turbulent Decade and a bunch of wuxia series.

Favourite Movie: The Wonderboys, In the Mood for Love, Dark City, Equilibrium, Waking Life, The Unforgiven, Three Kings, Thin Red Line, Casualities of War, Chungking Express, PTU and wuxia films (what can I say? I love martial arts and war films)

Non-Alcoholic Drink: Coffee and Chai Tea

Favorite Foods: I don't really have any as I'm severely allergic to some major foods like wheat, corn and milk. I eat because I have to. Though I do enjoy lobster and crab legs.

Favorite Music: I listen to mostly Asian rock/pop

Job: Now teaching a regular primary classroom (does the happy dance) - though my speciality is in the area of special education. I used to work with kids (7 - 14 year olds) with profound behavioural disorders - aka future rapists and murderers.

Hobbies: besides working and shopping nothing comes to mind at the moment.

Semi-Interesting facts:

- Got enough degrees to wallpaper my house with - including a Master of Arts in Philosophy (surprisingly being a philosophy grad, I am still a contributing member of society - I mean who knew?)
- I spend more money on designer clothes and accessories than even on anime and manga. I'm a designer junkie. Hence, I can't get a new car.
- Took part in physics and math competitions in high school - that tells you what a geek I was. Though I was never teased for being one - I was actually accused of being not geeky enough by the other nerds.

Favorite Quotes:

"...Committ them to flames for they contain nothing but sophistry and illusions..." by Hume regarding books that are not about logic or inferential sciences. (I think that's the quote)

"Only when there will no longer be class or class antogonism that social evolutions will cease to become political revolutions." Karl Marx from the Poverty of Philosophy

"Hockey referees are like snowflakes. Each one is different." My sister's words when we were sitting in the familyroom watching Hockey Night in Canada.
rainbowcourage

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:57 pm Reply with quote
I'm filing this away under the "Tell Us About Yourself" part of this thread. One of my major passions in life is music. To give you an idea, these are some of my past/current favorite bands*. Enjoy!

Pinback, Sea Wolf, Brad Sucks, The Rosebuds, LOUQUE, DELAYS, BLOC PARTY, WEST INDIAN GIRL, Julian Velard, Rock Kills Kid, Oasis, the Bravery, Shiny Toy Guns, Gatsby's American Dream, Dandy Warhols, Stereophonics, Ivy, Sister Hazel, Rogue Wave, New Pornographers, Muse, Porno for Pyros, The Roots, Silversun Pickups, Silverchair, Spoon, VHS or Beta, Band of Horses, Adrienne Pierce, Aqualung, Arcade Fire, Arctic Monkeys, The Bird and the Bee, Brandtson, Brazilian Girls, Zero Seven, Morningwood, Phoenix, Presets, Tegan and Sara, The Thrills, Tsar, Of Montreal, 46bliss, Death in Vegas, XTC, The Shins, The Clash, The Cloud Room, Longwave, The Rolling Stones, Fleetwood Mac, The Most Serene Republic, David Mead, Beck, Earlimart, Phosphorescent, Maroon 5's Songs About Jane, the Decemberists, Franz Ferdinand, Garbage, Damone, KT, Lily Allen, Keane, Mercury Rev, Say Hi to Your Mom, She's Spanish I'm American, Teenage Fanclub, Sonic Youth, Hard-Fi, Presets, U2, R.E.M., Bishop Allen, Brad Laner, Electrelane, The Fiery Furnaces, Blue States, Feist, Georgie James, Glenn Mercer, Low, Tomorrow's Friend, Dinosaur Jr., Explosions in the Sky, Beirut, Ulrich Schnauss, Editors, Boards of Canada, Sia, Taxi Doll, Death Cab, Flunk, Tom Petty & Heartbreakers, Grateful Dead, Steely Dan, Dire Straits, Blondie, Louis XIV, The Holloways, Devendra Banhart, The Tubes, Mike Doughty, Nada Surf, David Mead, Kasabian, Doves, The Stills, Broken Social Scene, The Coral, Goo Goo Dolls, The Kills, RJD2, Sugababes, Hot Chip, Hot Hot Heat, Vampire Weekend, Ok Go, Groove Armada, Gran Bel Fisher, Grant-Lee Phillips, Anya Marina, The Animals, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Blonde Redhead, Caviar, Coldplay, Damone, Dave Matthews Band, John Cougar Mellencamp, The Mars Volta, Peter Bjorn and John, Talking Heads, The Streets, Wolf Parade, The Wreckers, The Weakerthans, Violent Femmes, The Velvet Underground (and Nico), TLC, Tenth Planet

*I don't think I repeated myself Shocked
Keonyn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:01 pm Reply with quote
Dear lord, that's probably as many bands as I even own CD's for. Heck, that's a lot of genres seemingly represented there too. You weren't kidding about having a love of music, heh.

I think my favorites list probably has 4 or 5 bands on it. Of course, a lot of what I listen to these days are soundtracks and classical, so it's hard to list any specific band for those
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Jenipa

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:54 pm Reply with quote

Marital Status: Single

Pets: One cat

Dislikes: School :p, Anime Dubs

Favorite anime: Fullmetal Alchemist, Cowboy Beebop, Noein, Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

Favorite game: FFIX, Halo 1,2,3 , SSBB

Favorite Drink: Coca Cola

Favorite Foods:Anything without onions, Parsley, or cilantro

Favorite Sites: gameFaqs, Gametrailers, ANN lol

Favorite Music: Classic Rock, Jpop, Trance

Hobbies: Games, Anime, and Driving.

Favorite Quotes: "Give a man a fish and he is full for one day, teach a man how to fish and he is full for a lifetime."
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 50 of 233