• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Lupin III's Supporting Voice Cast Changed for 1st Time in 16 Years

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
E-Master

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:13 pm Reply with quote
Lupin the Third wrote:
Here's some NicoNico footage from the upcoming TV Special along with some voice samples from the new VAs: http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm15844151

And an upcoming Lupin pachinko game with the new voice cast and character designs by Takeshi Koike: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XjdaNb-2_M

I shared some opinions on the Lupinthe3rd.com forums, but the long and short of it is: I like them all and I'm glad they bear a resemblance to the originals without trying too hard to sound EXACTLY like them.

I was having trouble watching the Nico Nico footage so I tried the youtube one which worked perfectly, and after viewing it I now know what to expect from the new cast members.

For years I always speculated who'd make a good replacement for Goro Naya if it was ever decided to replace him. Course I never expected that repalcement to be the one and only Kouichi Yamadera. After viewing that preview it almost felt weird to hear Zenigata's voice full of life again compared to how he sounded like he needed cough medicine in the last few anime specials. Now I'm certain Kouichi will hold the torch as Zenigata's voice for years to come.

While Goemon & Fujiko's voices sound similar to their predessors except they sound slightly younger than their predessors which is good. Fujiko still has a cute voice and Goemon still has a calm but fearless voice. As long as they still have their common personalities, then I can totally see these two being the voices of these character for years to come as well.

I also like how this new TV special has character designs that look similar to the original manga. It's just the five main characters look completely different from their appearances in the last few TV specials. Which cool if the animation team decided to use different character designs besides the typical Second TV series look. The preview looks cool, but will the story be any good. I can't say for sure until I've seen it. Wether it'll be good or bad, it'll still be a Lupin anime to look forward to since I'm a die hard Lupin fan.
calimike

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:18 pm Reply with quote
Cast is reveal and new trailer of Lupin III here... http://youtu.be/Ml6OXEoXM6Y

Original story here...
GATSU

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:07 am Reply with quote
E-Master: I wanted Akira Kamiya to be the new Zenigata. Crying or Very sad
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3