• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Cameroon's Alita Speculation at Yahoo

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 10:47 pm Reply with quote
This isn't newsworthy IMHO, since its just speculation, so as with other "not-newsworthy, but potentially intersting to some" items, I'm posting it here.

Yahoo Movies (Greg's Reviews) is repeating what has already been said in other places, that James Cameroon recently announced that his next sci-fi flic will begin filming soon. The site then goes on to say that this *migh* be the Alita project.

None of this is particularly original on Greg's part, several other sites already posted the exact same piece of speculation several weeks ago, but since I ignored those, I thought I might mention this one.

http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hp&cf=prev&id=1808545153&intl=us

Thanks to Gatsu for pointing this out.

-t
GATSU

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 11:26 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for the credit. Cameron should've started with something simple like I, Robot. And while Jessica Alba is fairly robotic enough for the part, she's not enough of a good actress. But most people don't pay attention to her acting. ^_-
Tenchi

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 12:22 am Reply with quote
I'm skeptical that it'll be Alita but I'd support it if just to bury the old "Gunmn vs. Dark Angel" rip-off conspiracy theory for good. (I'm sure there was a small amount of influence from Gunmn, but a lot of the similarities were just basic similarities used in pretty much every sci-fi story set in a dystopic future with a kick-ass female protagionist with superhuman abilities.)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1