• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What's your favorite form of fan expresion?

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Galatea

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2002 6:12 am Reply with quote
How come no one's mentioned doujinshi? That's a fan thing.
cookie
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2002 12:23 pm Reply with quote
Galatea wrote:

How come no one's mentioned doujinshi? That's a fan thing.

Because I haven't responed yet? :)

I love doujin and webcomics, particularly with that 'fan' flare in them, taking an established universe and customizing it to their own needs (such as 'Angelic Senshi Angie' or any of a dozen other sailor moon/magical girl-esque webcomics that I now read. @_@)

while i'd never write (or draw) one myself, i'm quite content to sit and read other's works. :)

I also like transcribed music, or 'inspired by'' music. It's not really 'big' in the anime scene, but there are some people out there who've done *INCREDIBLE* remixes of final fantasy (and other game) music. There's a lot of good music out there - I don't know why people don't use it for remixing and stuff. I suppose part of it might be the fact that the 'best' anime songs for remixing usually have lyrics, and lyrics are harder to mess around with. Maybe?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Sahara

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2002 11:00 pm Reply with quote
For me, I like the cosplay, but only when it is pulled off really well. Also, I love to read fanfics; sometimes I read fanfics that are better than the series they portray!
I do enjoy fanart,too, but again only by people who know what they are doing. I think so because I suck at drawing-and if I can't find good pics, I just ask my sister to draw one! :D
Ramen

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2002 1:25 am Reply with quote
Cookie wrote:

There's a lot of good music out there - I don't know why people don't use it for remixing and stuff. I suppose part of it might be the fact that the 'best' anime songs for remixing usually have lyrics, and lyrics are harder to mess around with. Maybe?

Funny you should mention this. I just happened to speak to someone who does exactly this. He takes anime music and remixes them with techno and other beats. He goes by the name DJ Socket and you can find him DJ'ing at most anime conventions (shameless plug, sorry Smile ) Great guy and you should check him out if you have the chance!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2