• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: English Gundam 00 Promo, Cast for 4 Meisters Posted

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LuckyAstei

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:21 pm Reply with quote
uh Bobsicle, the female Tieria look alike is a seperate character named Regina this has been confirmed along with Tieria's timeskip look.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Buster Blader 126

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:47 pm Reply with quote
Brad Swaile as Setsuna? I can't really see him doing a character like him, though we'll see soon enough.

The broadcast announcement means that it can definitely air on YTV by the Fall. Though I hope that they air Gurren Lagann first, and then air Gundam 00 uninterrupted ( since given how season 2 won't be airing until this fall, having only Season 1 being dubbed and aired seems likely).

mistress_reebi wrote:
Richard Cox I find is very versatile. Does anyone remember when he was on Breaker High?

He was?! As who????

The only actor I remember by name from Breaker High is Ryan Gosling, for obvious reasons. Oh those were the days...
Rubyfulcrum

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:56 am Reply with quote
edzieba wrote:
Surprisingly good. Not the best, but definitely OK, and far above the utterly terrible GL dub (not that that would be hard).

This is probably really stupid... but what does "GL" refer to in your post?
Top Gun

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:04 am Reply with quote
I'm hoping it's not Gurren-Lagann, because that would be betraying some extraordinary ignorance on the part of the poster.
CCSYueh

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:19 am Reply with quote
bobsicle wrote:
FireChick wrote:
HOLY CATS!! Tieria's being played by the guy who did Double-D in Ed, Edd n Eddy! I can't wait to hear this! Very Happy

Oh god that'll make his transformation into a woman complete...

I'm sorry, but everything from my cartoon network days says that voice would not fit the arrogant, detached guy that is Tieria.

First time I remember hearing him was as Yue/Cardcaptors.
Cold enough for you?
Granted he was also Julian
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:53 am Reply with quote
Quote:
If this doesn't spawn some hilarious fanart I will be severely disappointed.

I didn't mean it that way. I remembered they have the same voice actor.
BleuVII

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:33 am Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
I don't like some of those character names. Laughing

Those were my thoughts exactly when I started watching it last fall. I specifically disliked "Lockon Stratos" and "Allelujah Haptism". However, it's revealed pretty early on that spoiler[those are just code names. The real names for each character are much more believable.]

I was really hoping that Lockon would have an Irish accent though. Oh well. The dub sounds great, and aside from the Japanese voice actor for Lockon, none of the English actors have too big of shoes to fill. The Japanese voices were merely servicable (though one could make a compelling argument for Allelujah's voice actor too...).
mistress_reebi

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:16 am Reply with quote
Buster Blader 126 wrote:

mistress_reebi wrote:
Richard Cox I find is very versatile. Does anyone remember when he was on Breaker High?

He was?! As who????

The only actor I remember by name from Breaker High is Ryan Gosling, for obvious reasons. Oh those were the days...

Tony, the captain's first mate.

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=-lqmwEYxov8

EDIT:http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=xOWBtus3zFA&feature=related

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=aXrnomzAZBI&feature=related

you need to turn it up
mangaka-chan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:15 am Reply with quote
I think the English voices are good (though I have to admit it feels weird to hear Inuyasha's voice coming from Allelujah), but the delivery of Setsuna's English VA was rather stiff and a bit too deliberate. Maybe more practice would be good?

In any case, I hope I get Sci Fi channel when I move into my university; I gotta see this broadcasted on TV. Very Happy
jr240483

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:45 pm Reply with quote
yukinosama wrote:
I'm soooooooo disappointed that Richard Cox is Allelujah!!! No offence, I like him as a VA but not for Allelujah.. nonetheless I will still watch the dub.

You also forgot to mention that he did the voice for batou for the 1995 ghost in the shell movie. and having the same guy who played Lan from EXE and Rock from black lagoon,it'll definately be a most interesting gundam series since Seed and Seed Destiny.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2