• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Report: 1st Dragonball Trailer to Debut in October

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shadowrun20XX

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:28 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
Shadowrun:
Quote:
Damn,still going to see it though.

I recommend you take a swig of vodka and whiskey before going. [Unless you're under age.] Wink
Damn it,man I'm 27 and Yes,I'll be swigging Greygoose on the way,during,and after this "hilariousness" that Fox has brought upon us.

tygerchickchibi wrote:
xD I hope that was Bulma and Yamcha kissing there.

Oh wait...it's Chi-Chi/Goku.

Never seen them kiss before in the anime. But that's OK!
I believe they did,but not in full view.

tygerchickchibi wrote:
That is all. But I'm kind of feeling blah, I thought there would be a few new scenes.

Not helping me, Fox!

It makes me want to see the movie. Trailer isn't satisfying enough.
There were a few,but not enough for any new topic.

tygerchickchibi wrote:
Oh well. Save Vodka for something actually worth drinking about.

>.> *not promoting underage drinking* I wish it had sound, though. x.x
Wild Turkey it is.
barashin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:40 am Reply with quote
High Quality version of the Dragonball Movie Teaser Trailer

Its finally here! The full blown Dragonball teaser trailers. Yes trailers, there are two versions. They are the first official HD trailers with sound. View both versions the trailer in all its glory below. The longer version shows new shots of Piccolo (yes and he is green!) and plenty of ki blasts!

FULL HIGH QUALITY TRAILER!!

Screenshots

britannicamoore

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:55 am Reply with quote
::facepalm:: it looks like...a modern day ninja movie. Kinda reminds me of the Forbidden Kingdom with nice cars. I don't remember Goku getting beat up by two punks with a sweet ride. Not in Dragonball at least.

Now if someone will tell me when Bulma and Goku made out I'm all ears. Oh wait, that must have been in Sailor Moon and the Seven Balls!

(unless that was mai, and even then he was only a child when she was around so...) And if she is there where is Pilaf?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Hon'ya-chan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:01 am Reply with quote
GATSU

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:03 am Reply with quote
Um, Mortal Kombat...?
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:03 am Reply with quote
Hmmm. I gotta say though that Speed just wasn't speed to me. (I do admit i've only seen the first hour 1/2 but it was all i could take)

I just saw the trailer for DB and it makes me wonder what was the real movie they were trying to make. I was pessimistic about it before true, and i went in hoping for something to prove me wrong. So far, no dice.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
barashin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:13 am Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
Um, Mortal Kombat...?

That scene where' there's lot of candles, and monks. I think it involves them trying to contain piccolo in side that jar.

britannicamoore wrote:
Now if someone will tell me when Bulma and Goku made out I'm all ears. Oh wait, that must have been in Sailor Moon and the Seven Balls!
(unless that was mai, and even then he was only a child when she was around so...) And if she is there where is Pilaf?

that wasn't bulma. Chichi was the one kissing goku

They changed a couple of some stuff. Pilaf ain't mai's master. If I'm correct, Mai's master is Piccolo
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:24 am Reply with quote
whoops. must have had the wrong Mai then. She was with thee dog man right? I thought she was the one who was with Pilaf who was mad when his wish was taken by someone else.

Mortal Kombat! Right...thats what I was thinking of.

I didn't know Chichi was in the movie.

Confused
The Xenos

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:49 am Reply with quote
Pretty sure this is in the wrong forum but..

DUDE THIS SUCKS! Hollywood is full of crap! Blah blah blah!

There. Someone had to say it eventually.
JacobC
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:14 am Reply with quote
Okay, if it wasn't for the word "dragonball" in the trailer, I never would have mistaken this for a movie based on Dragon Ball Z.

I mean...it looks nothin' like...I thought that...

Grrr.

Honestly, I was hoping for a movie that looked a lot worse, a lot cornier, and made me feel like it was a "Dragon Ball" movie. This barely looks like Dragon Ball, the characters, (specially Roshi) act nothing like they're supposed to from what I can tell...I may NOT enjoy seeing this in theaters, even though it looks to be higher quality than I had previously assumed.

Where are the fistfights and energy ball throwing in the middle of the desert? Where are the outlandish stances and zany humor? Why does this look like MORTAL KOMBAT?!

Disappointing. I thought it would be "this looks so bad it'll be 'good'," but this looks like a below-average action movie with barely any relation to good old DBZ.
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:49 am Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
Um, Mortal Kombat...?

Um indeed. The comedic effect of this is on a par to the live action Sailor Moon trailer.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
tygerchickchibi

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:12 am Reply with quote
Very modern. Not that that's what's bothering me...

Unfortunately, the trailer is still vague to me. I knew they really weren't going to show much of fight scenes. The visuals does make it look like it's not a DB movie, but....

I want to really know if the original storyline is still in tact. Because they weren't really showing us much.

>_> They could've made a better trailer, I dunno.
doctordoom85

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:41 am Reply with quote
Let's get the bad out of the way:

Goku being hesitant about fighting = WAY out of character
I thought Roshi was in this movie........*cough*
No Krillin or Tien, but let's make Mai a main character = fail
Isn't Kami in this? No judgement until it's confirmed he's not, but I really remember hearing he would be in it

And the good:

Fighting/effects look decent, I imagine energy attacks and such are still being worked on
Unlike 80% of the cast, Goku actually looks pretty accurate (in a sense) once he dons the costume (making the "non-Asian" controversy pretty ridiculous)
Yamcha looks better than he did in those earlier images where he looked like a gang member, but could still be better

You know what would really impress me? Capsules being used. Come on, in Transformers, that Cube went from a "as big as your house and then some" size to the size of a Gamecube, and nobody rolled their eyes. Smile
fighterholic

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:07 pm Reply with quote
barashin wrote:

This is giving a 403 for some reason, but the youtube one works.

I actually found this trailer amusing. The effects remind me a lot of Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon (another Chow Yun Fat movie) Laughing
Hon'ya-chan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:21 pm Reply with quote
doctordoom85 wrote:
Unlike 80% of the cast, Goku actually looks pretty accurate (in a sense) once he dons the costume (making the "non-Asian" controversy pretty ridiculous)

*BBBBBZZZZZZZTTTTTT!!!!!* Wrong!! No goofy hair, no muscle mass, whateverhisnameis looks wooden and can't act for beans.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4