• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Giant Annual ANN Pumpkin Carving Contest

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
crazedpanda

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:04 pm Reply with quote
I was just curious....would a carving with the Simpsons on it qualify? I had a really good idea in mind but wasn't sure if it would count....
ANN_Bamboo
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:26 am Reply with quote
Nope, because it's not anime, unless you make it anime-styled. ;p Mr. Sparkle doesn't count.
RiderG

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:19 pm Reply with quote
you know, i don't know how you guys can get the etching so smooth, because i've learned i SUCK at it -_- i'm gonna just stick with what i know.
teddbear55

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:37 pm Reply with quote
so we email them to:
halloween @ animenewsnetwork .c om
???
ANN_Bamboo
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:46 am Reply with quote
teddbear55 wrote:
so we email them to:
halloween @ animenewsnetwork . com
???

Yes. That's what it says on the page.
Sa-chan66

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:24 am Reply with quote
I just found out about this contest yesterday and I usually check up on the contests every now and then, but on a different forum (convention forum I staff at) I made a thread about pumpkin carving and someone directed me to the carving contest and I had to kick myself because I forgot to check it! So last night around 8pm I had to go outside and get a second picture of my pumpkin (with the flash so it was a 'daytime' pic) but I was worried about the 'sign' part. In the rules it just states that you need anime news network there so I just added the text on the photo. I was wondering if that still qualifies. I was in a rush, and I have proof that my pumpkin is mine. I could even send a picture of me and my pumpkin on my site.

I was just a litte worried that it might not be accepted albeit it was sent on time. If anyone could reply that would be appreciated!

I cant wait to see everyone elses pumpkins!!! Anime smile

Oh and one more question, does Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann count under the 'mecha' category? Just wondering! Mr. Green
ANN_Bamboo
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:49 pm Reply with quote
Sa-chan66 wrote:
I just found out about this contest yesterday and I usually check up on the contests every now and then, but on a different forum (convention forum I staff at) I made a thread about pumpkin carving and someone directed me to the carving contest and I had to kick myself because I forgot to check it! So last night around 8pm I had to go outside and get a second picture of my pumpkin (with the flash so it was a 'daytime' pic) but I was worried about the 'sign' part. In the rules it just states that you need anime news network there so I just added the text on the photo. I was wondering if that still qualifies. I was in a rush, and I have proof that my pumpkin is mine. I could even send a picture of me and my pumpkin on my site.

I was just a litte worried that it might not be accepted albeit it was sent on time. If anyone could reply that would be appreciated!

I can't wait to see everyone elses pumpkins!!! Anime smile

Oh and one more question, does Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann count under the 'mecha' category? Just wondering! Mr. Green

Don't worry about it; it's all good.
Sa-chan66

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:38 pm Reply with quote
SakechanBD wrote:
Sa-chan66 wrote:

I can't wait to see everyone elses pumpkins!!! Anime smile

Don't worry about it; it's all good.

Okay thanks! Anime smile
evilnekohilda

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:36 pm Reply with quote
I seriously can't wait to see everyone's pumpkins~ *o* Good luck everybody!!! :D
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
feytaline

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:25 pm Reply with quote
When are the results going to be posted?
ANN_Bamboo
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:08 pm Reply with quote
Soon, hopefully. We had a *lot* of entries (over 100), so it's taking longer than I expected.
RiderG

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:46 pm Reply with quote
SakechanBD wrote:
Soon, hopefully. We had a *lot* of entries (over 100), so it's taking longer than I expected.

understandable with the prizes you're offering Cool
kenshin322

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:01 pm Reply with quote
with that many entry.. I guess mine won't have a chance then. =/
Even though I never expect to win in the first place since I have seen those from last few years and some were just great.
I am not much of a "artist" and my pumpkin was done in an hour with a broken fruit knife. Sad
Oh well, hopefully I am the only one who did a kenshin pumpkin so at least I can say mine was the best kenshin pumpkin Laughing
ladygoddess8

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:58 pm Reply with quote
I know what you mean. I now have a 1 in over a hundred chance to win or even get runner up. Sad days.
AnalogPuppet

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:05 pm Reply with quote
Honestly, i know i have absolutely no chance of winning after i realized how horrible my pumpkin looked when compared to the previous years entries... I still spent a good 2 hours on it and felt that i should still post it up, because regardless of how horrible it may be, i still took pride in it.. Cool Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 4 of 13