• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Bandai Ent. Posts English-Dubbed Code Geass R2 Trailer

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RogueJedi86

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:06 pm Reply with quote
FanFicGuru wrote:
I don't understand why everyone's complaining about the 5 AM timeslot so much. If you're watching Cartoon Network, it means you have cable or dish services. If you have cable or dish services, it means you have access to some sort of DVR system where you can program your box to record certain shows at certain times like clockwork.

Granted, it costs a little extra, but if you already have that feature, it doesn't matter whether it's on at midnight or 5 AM...just record the damn thing and watch it WHENEVER YOU WANT!

Oh the wonders of technology...this must surely be the age of THE FUTURE!

I don't want the excuse. If I get DVR, then I'll never watch anything live. I prefer to watch shows live, it makes it easier to discuss then afterwards with friends who are also watching elsewhere.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Zalis116

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:25 pm Reply with quote
Kit-Tsukasa wrote:
In this kind of economy and with elections next week....I don't think the government has ANY time to be dealing with this. Nor will they have the time soon....Stocks are down to as low as they were in 2003/4, volatility is more ridiculous than it was during the 1987 crash, and credit markets are worse than what they were during the great depression......
Can we keep the politics out of this thread, both the fansub vs. industry AND the "real-world" varieties?
Who Is This Guy!?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:49 pm Reply with quote
Zalis116 wrote:
Kit-Tsukasa wrote:
In this kind of economy and with elections next week....I don't think the government has ANY time to be dealing with this. Nor will they have the time soon....Stocks are down to as low as they were in 2003/4, volatility is more ridiculous than it was during the 1987 crash, and credit markets are worse than what they were during the great depression......
Can we keep the politics out of this thread, both the fansub vs. industry AND the "real-world" varieties?

You know this thread won't last a page before it goes right back to it.
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:21 pm Reply with quote
That was atrocious. How they hell can the dubbing get WORSE as time goes on? Did they not even LISTEN to the origina voices? It's gonna be worse then the orginal, that's a given, but that does not mean you shoudn't at least try to match the original voices. My poor indian scientist has the voice of a damn high-school girl, for crying out loud.
LuckySeven

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:27 pm Reply with quote
All in all there are a lot of reasons why anime seems to be failing on Cartoon Network and Adult Swim. Fansubs are a part of the problem, but they are not the only problem. Little to no promotion, along with the ridiculous amount of schedule shifting that has been going on has its share of the blame too. It doesn't have to be anime, how can ANY show seriously have a chance at survival without advertising, promotion, and steady scheduling. There are way too many TV channels out there these days for a show to get ratings simply on word of mouth.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:57 pm Reply with quote
animehermit wrote:

Quote:
boring mecha battle

this is a contradictory statement, Unless referring to Linebarrels of Iron, of course

Actually, I'd say it's a redundancy. I am not a big mecha fan. I loved the ending to episode 1, I thought, "Ooh, this is going to be fun," and then I had to sit through a bunch of robots fighting each other. I've been told that the whole series isn't like that, which is why I want to give it another try. But I still snooze during most mecha fights.
wangyamaki

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:18 pm Reply with quote
If you have comcast you can easly watch code geass on demand.
Even so we all hate dubs,and i still wont get why they dub it when its on a Adult block (adult swim) Mad
Top Gun

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:23 pm Reply with quote
wangyamaki wrote:
Even so we all hate dubs,and i still wont get why they dub it when its on a Adult block (adult swim) Mad

No, "we" don't. And they dub it because it's being aired and sold for a general audience in a country that just so happens to primarily speak English.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:41 pm Reply with quote
They're certainly being rather timely, though the slot they have the show in isn't doing it any favors. It does stream online for free every week, though, so there's not a lot for people to complain about, unless they don't have the internet or the streaming won't work. It is a little sad that anime has been relegated to the dark corners of Adult Swim while "comedies" like Tim and Eric vehicles and other non-cartoons are prominent. But the complaining about it has gotten a little tired.

I wonder if Bandai and Sci-Fi Channel will be as timely with the airing of Gundam 00 and have its second season ready after the airing of the first. I dread having to sit through the nine commercial breaks on all anime on that channel, though.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
wandering-dreamer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:04 pm Reply with quote
Yay for having the episodes come out quickly, but boo to my friends who aren't caught up, I want to squee with them (especially since I've finished the series).

And oh yeah, Bandai, this would be a good time to release more DVDs!
LuckySeven

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:08 pm Reply with quote
wangyamaki wrote:
Even so we all hate dubs...

Speak for yourself kid. Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime
Who Is This Guy!?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:17 pm Reply with quote
wandering-dreamer wrote:
Yay for having the episodes come out quickly, but boo to my friends who aren't caught up, I want to squee with them (especially since I've finished the series).

You know, even with 2-at-a-time...I still don't get why it's taking them so damn long to get the DVDs out. =_= What gives...
wangyamaki wrote:

wandering-dreamer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:20 pm Reply with quote
Who Is This Guy!? wrote:
wandering-dreamer wrote:

You know, even with 2-at-a-time...I still don't get why it's taking them so damn long to get the DVDs out. =_= What gives...

Actually, I was just looking on rightstuf.com and found that the second Limited Edition set is supposed to come out December 2nd. It doesn't list what episodes, but I guess it's safe to assume it's episodes 10-17 or so. Here's the page if anyone wants to look: http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/kCoHAS08IXdh495YVC/browse/item/81693/4/0/0
I'm thinking about ordering it since rightstuf is having a Bandai sale, but after the last set of bum DVDs...
Animehermit

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:49 pm Reply with quote
vashfanatic wrote:

Actually, I'd say it's a redundancy. I am not a big mecha fan. I loved the ending to episode 1, I thought, "Ooh, this is going to be fun," and then I had to sit through a bunch of robots fighting each other. I've been told that the whole series isn't like that, which is why I want to give it another try. But I still snooze during most mecha fights.

You see in Code Geass, thats not always the point, Especially in episode 2, where the main focus is on how Lelouch uses superior tactics to outwit his brother. Although towards the end it descends into a big ol' mecha fest, which isn't as cool.

Although looking back on the series now that its over, I don't really like it as much as i originally thought . I was much more excited about Gundam 00 Season 2 after Geass ended.
Who Is This Guy!?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:43 pm Reply with quote
wandering-dreamer wrote:
Who Is This Guy!? wrote:
wandering-dreamer wrote:

Actually, I was just looking on rightstuf.com and found that the second Limited Edition set is supposed to come out December 2nd. It doesn't list what episodes, but I guess it's safe to assume it's episodes 10-17 or so. Here's the page if anyone wants to look: http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/kCoHAS08IXdh495YVC/browse/item/81693/4/0/0
I'm thinking about ordering it since rightstuf is having a Bandai sale, but after the last set of bum DVDs...

Don't order from RightStuf. Don't EVER order from RightStuf...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5