• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Nisemonogatari Anime to Have 11 Episodes

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
superdry

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:46 pm Reply with quote
Romuska wrote:
naninanino wrote:
Lies. There will be 12, maybe 13 episodes counting the special episodes on DVD/BD releases.

No, what will happen is they'll air 9 of the 11 episodes, make up some excuse about why the other two didn't air, then when they do air them they'll censor them up so that the blu-ray will be uncut.

You mean do shitty web streaming quality so people are more inclined to buy the blu-rays. I doubt there is anything really that needs to be censored in Nise.

I scoffed a little when I saw that the show is going to be 11 episodes thinking "no way...there has to be more down the road as web streams."
Sam Murai

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:02 pm Reply with quote
Better to have 11 episodes of substance than 13-15 episodes of stretched-out, padded content. Very happy to see more anime series being given variable episode counts.

superdry wrote:
Romuska wrote:
naninanino wrote:
Lies. There will be 12, maybe 13 episodes counting the special episodes on DVD/BD releases.

No, what will happen is they'll air 9 of the 11 episodes, make up some excuse about why the other two didn't air, then when they do air them they'll censor them up so that the blu-ray will be uncut.

You mean do shitty web streaming quality so people are more inclined to buy the blu-rays. I doubt there is anything really that needs to be censored in Nise.

I scoffed a little when I saw that the show is going to be 11 episodes thinking "no way...there has to be more down the road as web streams."

Only this time if they do that, they will be in the pristine HD quality of a Crunchyroll stream (well, that is if they don't host it on their own website and shun other outlets).

However, I'll cut the producers some slack concerning what happened with Bakemonogatari, as SHAFT falling behind (nearly did the same thing with Madoka Magica) and not being able to secure additional time slots (very hard to do) were credible.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Niyari

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:36 pm Reply with quote
AWWWWWWWW. Ok, now that I got that out of the way, awwwww. Sad

I respect the reasoning, though (assuming there aren't extra BD episodes planned)
Westlo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:23 am Reply with quote
Nise's 2 novels are signifcantly smaller than the 2 Bake novels.

Bake = 500ish pages for both novels.
Nise = 300-350ish pages for both novels.

Assuming 500 and 350 for each novel.. in other words 1000 & 700 you'll get a similar number of pages adapted per episode.
scineram

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:17 am Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
Well, Shaft likes money, so unless they somehow stop selling, they will continue to make them. Bakem is the best selling TV anime of the last 10 years after all.

Shaft doesn't own Bakemonogatari. Shaft only gets a fraction of sales. Shaft doesn't get to decide which Monogatari is animated, when is it animated, how is it animated.
Westlo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:16 am Reply with quote
darkmac posted this on MAL

Bakemonogatari Novels: 864 pages. 57.6 pages per episode.
Nisemonogatari Novels: 668 pages. 60.7 pages per episode.

Nearly the same as Bake for pages per episode....
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2