• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Mike Toole Show - Ten Years Later

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
animefan1238

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:29 am Reply with quote
I was 15 in 02. Holy crap!

With that done:
Magical Shopping Arcade is a great show. Funny and typical GINAX. One of my favs.
Chobits is good and Azumanga is another classic.
Twelve Kingdoms is draw so smooth, the music is great, and the story is great as well. Although it did take an hour of convincing for my girlfriend to buy in 06 since we were still in college and didn't have alot of money to spend but she was happy she did after the first few episodes.
Liked Which Hunter Robin and SaiKano.
Happy Lesson was ok.
Always wanted to watch Princess Tutu and Haibane Renmei.

Man time goes by so fast. Miss those days of being a teen and not an adult but we all have to be a kid at some point in the week to break it up.
tojik

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:30 pm Reply with quote
If you watch Tamala scrutinizing the "story"... yeah, there are probably some expectations that aren't going to be met. I remember waltzing into the theater a half hour late with no idea what it was or what was going on but was *floored* by what I experienced (same thing happened with Princess Mononoke -- I had zero respect for anything animated way back when).

I came back later and saw it from the beginning, and I definitely see how that could throw someone off since it gives you threads to follow and your mind might start trying to make sense of things. It's really just a dream -- there are symbols and a very distinct flow, but the logic is its own.

But yes, I definitely wouldn't recommend this to anyone just because they like anime. If you absolutely love Boogiepop Phantom, then... maybe.

Ah... now, like in that lecture scene, I really want to see her again!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4