Interest - September 2010
- Daily Video: So-Ra-No-Wo-To's Unaired Episode Segment ()
- Dragon Ball's Toriyama to Judge Toyota Art Contest ()
- Miyazaki Supervises Bandai's Nausicaä Gunship Model ()
- Gundam Café Offers Beam Saber Chopsticks ()
- Rose of Versailles, Sensual Phrase Creators Cosplay ()
- Daily Video: Nintendo 3DS Loveplus Virtual Girlfriend ()
- Malaysia Censorship Board Chair Speaks on Anime Bans ()
- Gundam 00 Makes Cameo in Loveless Manga Chapter ()
- 2ch Forum's Saimoe Tournament 2010 Round 2: Groups E-H ()
- Daily Video: Punie-chan Fansub on U.S. TV's The Soup ()
- Hikaru Utada Adds Concert in Japan, Pepsi Ad, Twitter ()
- MangaGamer to Release minori's ef Software ()
- Composer Joe Hisaishi to Personally Conduct Asian Tour ()
- Daily Video: Gundam EX Vs. Game Opening with Linkin Park ()
- Banned Books Week: Banned and Challenged Manga of 2009-2010 ()
- Manga Quartet CLAMP Illustrates Peter Pan Novel ()
- Idol Shoko Nakagawa Directs 1st Film Short ()
- Daily Video: Hideki Ohwada Sketches Legend of Koizumi ()
- WIPO Japan Launches Anti-Counterfeit Manga Contest ()
- Daily Video: Touhou-Based 'The Memories of Phantasm' ()
- Winery Pulls Vintage After Mention in Kami no Shizuku ()
- Art of Osamu Tezuka Author to Teach Manga Class ()
- Tezuka Wood Panel Hangs in Police Station Press Room ()
- Tokyopop Seeks Temporary Junior Film Editor ()
- Daily Video: Fan Trailer for Pokémon Live-Action Movie ()
- Daily Video: Original Anime Short Echo ()
- Creator Shuho Sato Addresses Illegally Uploaded Manga ()
- 2ch Forum's Saimoe Tournament 2010 Round 2: Groups A-D ()
- Trigun Film to Bundle Dodongo Brothers Manga in Japan ()
- NYC Fashion Institute Museum Hosts J-Fashion Exhibit ()
- Daily Video: Gundam Character Designer Draws Char ()
- Animate Offers Baka and Test Marriage Certificates ()
- Daily Videos: Valkyria 3, [email protected] 2, Ni no Kuni Games ()
- Tokyo's Odaiba McDonald's Gets Pokémon Makeover ()
- Paprika Director Satoshi Kon Listed 100 Notable Films ()
- Daily Video: Toma Ikuta Stars in Final Fantasy XIV Ad ()
- South Korean Government Releases Manhwa Propaganda ()
- K-On!! Album to Ship on Audio Cassette Tape ()
- AKB48 Female Idol Group Gets PSP 'Dating Fantasy Game' ()
- Google Japan Celebrates Fujio Akatsuka's Birthday ()
- 2ch Forum's Saimoe Tournament 2010 Round 1: Groups G, H ()
- Daily Video: California TV Reports on Pedobear Warning ()
- Hello Kitty MMO Holds Gulf Coast/Pakistan Charity ()
- Daily Video: Touhou 'Bad Apple' Video Collection ()
- Kentaro Takekuma Holds Indie Anime Roundtable Event ()
- Daily Video: A Cappella Dragon Ball Z Kai Theme ()
- German Fans, Anime Firms Launch Anti-Piracy Group ()
- Daily Video: Tantei Opera Milky Holmes Game Opening ()
- Atami City Attracts Tourism with LovePlus+ Virtual Dates ()
- Daily Video: Level-5, Ghibli's Ni no Kuni Game Ad ()
- Saber Rider and the Star Sheriffs 3DS Game Planned ()
- Fans Build Japan-Themed Lego Models for Upcoming Event ()
- Gloomy Bear Creator to Appear in San Francisco ()
- Takashi Murakami's Mascots Join Macy's Thanksgiving Parade (Update 2) ()
- Funimation Announces Rideback's English Dub Cast ()
- Daily Video: Steins;Gate Anime Teaser by Nitroplus, 5pb. ()
- 2ch Forum's Saimoe Tournament 2010 Round 1: Groups E, F ()
- Tokyo's Haneda Airport Builds 'Tokyo Pop Town' ()
- Daily Video: Live-Action Blitzball at Manifest 2010 ()
- Fans Plan Hetalia Axis Powers Day in October ()
- Fans Build 10-Foot Gundam with Leftover Model Bits ()
- Vanity Fair References Fist of the North Star Manga ()
- Daily Video: Fans Launch 'Sustain the Industry' Movement ()
- Voice Actor Quinton Flynn Offers Lessons Via Skype ()
Loading next article...
Wow! Hundreds of millions of dollars are flowing into the anime industry thanks to streaming! Is any of that money going to the people who actually make anime? Justin gets into it. ― Custom Gundam asked: With ANN recently reporting that Crunchyroll royalties to the Japanese industry exceed US $100 million and also the huge amount recieved from global companies like Netflix and Amazon and also the va...
Take a journey back in time with Daryl Surat, when many people were introduced to anime through heartwarming films like My Neighbor Totoro and Grave of the Fireflies. But what forgotten gems lie sleeping in this long-ago year? ― Every so often, I get questions regarding what the value is in observing what works of popular culture remain worth watching, decades after their creation. But nearly three m...
This beloved 2000s megahit is the newest to get a live-action update to the big screen, now available on Netflix after its theatrical run in Japan. Theron Martin finds out if this movie can live up to fans' expectations. ― Fullmetal Alchemist was one of the most popular and successful anime/manga franchises of the 2000s, so the only surprise surrounding this live-action adaptation might be that it di...
Citrus has turned a few heads with its incestuous twist on lesbian romance. We suss out whether this makes for a juicy love story or just sour pulp. ― Citrus has turned a few heads with its incestuous twist on lesbian romance. This week in anime, Michelle and Steve suss out whether this makes for a juicy love story or just sour pulp. Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed by the participants in...
Hiromu Arakawa's pastoral drama about the highs and lows of farm living at an agricultural college is a far cry from Fullmetal Alchemist, but just as rewarding. Rebecca Silverman has the details. ― Hiromu Arakawa's agricultural coming of age tale's anime adaptation reached English-speakers long before now, which makes it feel like a real treat to finally get the chance to read the manga. Based roughl...
just for fun
Vice wants his next costume to reel in the ladies, but he's fresh out of sexy ideas. Thankfully, Perry has some great advice! ―
Paul discovers a hidden gem in a surprisingly lazy package with this lovely slice-of-life comedy. Plus, all this week's new anime releases and a brand-new Shelf Obsessed! ― I've been working on putting together a Star Wars model kit recently, and holy heck that process is easier if you have a decent set of the appropriate tools. It's almost a relaxing experience when you don't have to threaten each ...
This attempt at a gritty action spectacle falls prey to confusing storytelling and baffling editing. Theron Martin examines what went wrong. ― In the Summer 2016 Preview Guide, I gave the first episode of this manga adaptation a middling score, saying that it isn't without potential. Rarely have I looked back at a review and been more perplexed at what I wrote, as on a second view that first episode ...
There sure are a lot of gambling anime, but what's it actually like to gamble in Japan? Does anime paint an accurate picture? Justin gets into it. ― Jake asked: I have recently been watching Kakegurui Compulsive Gambler on Netflix and it has me curious about gambling in Japan. Gambling is in a ton of anime from Samurai Champloo to Kaiji. Mostly I am familiar with the basic odd even dice game as well...
Mike digs into the legendary and idiosyncratic career of Ryousuke Takahashi, from Cyborg 009 to Armored Trooper Votoms to Phoenix. ― A few weeks back, the Right Stuf folks were running some sort of cheap-o blowout sale, and one of the items for sale, along with a still-absurdly-large quantity of Geneon and ADV Films DVD backstock, was this hat. Yep, for just one dollar, you could be the proud owner o...
This adaptation makes great use of its difficult source material to tell a trapped-in-a-game/escape room story worth digging into. Rebecca Silverman explains why. ― If you've played the original game of Ao Oni (“blue demon”) or watched the series of anime shorts, Kenji Kuroda's novelization may come as a surprise. That's not a bad thing, though – Kuroda's reimagining of the source material not only c...