Interest - February 2014
- Perpetrator of Death Threats Against Alice Juban Idol Arrested ()
- Hairy Bikers to Visit Japan Next Week ()
- European Moms Don't Approve of Senran Kagura Burst Game in Latest Ad ()
- Cat Mario and Peach Puppets Explain Super Mario 3D World in 'Nyannyan Neko Mario Time' ()
- Death Note Gets Real Escape Game For 10th Anniversary ()
- Male Seiyuu Get Their Own Nail Decal Collection ()
- Syfy's Face Off Goes Anime with Hidetaka Tenjin ()
- Magi Manga Creator Teases Death of Characters ()
- Lotteria's Attack on Titan Burger Towers Above the Rest ()
- Romancing Saga Does Saga Prefecture Crossover ()
- AnimeJapan's Crossover Anime Goods Revealed ()
- 7-Eleven Opens Virtual Store in Phantasy Star Online ()
- Akihabara Fans Vote For Favorite Pink-Haired Heroine ()
- Seiichi Yukimura from The Prince of Tennis II Roll Cakes ()
- Now You Can Wake Up With Your Little Sister, Too ()
- Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Collaborates with Red Cross for Blood Donations ()
- Sengoku Basara Characters Will Take On Car Theft ()
- ASUS Releases Collaborative Haganai Tablet ()
- Shueisha's Basement Overwhelmed by Chocolates Addressed to Prince of Tennis Cast ()
- Yahoo! Posts Results of Manga Valentine Crushes Poll ()
- Sumitomo Mitsui Introduces Black Butler Visa Card ()
- Free! - Iwatobi Swim Club's 4th Duet CD Previewed ()
- Kuroko's Basketball Fan Anthology to Cover Stories From First Meeting to Marriage ()
- Latte Artist at Belcorno Shows Off Amazing Anime Art ()
- Aya Hirano Briefly Returns to Twitter ()
- Madoka Designer Draws Artwork Inspired by Yuna Kim ()
- Attack on Titan Bento Ingredients Revealed ()
- Fan Auctions Yuruyuri Ita-Motorcycle ()
- Attack On Titan Plum Drinks From Creator's Own Hometown ()
- New Sailor Moon Pens Feature Outer Senshi ()
- Turkish Car Insurance Commercial Warns Against Hadoken Damage ()
- Ultraman's Mom Is Now Amu's Biggest Fashion Model, Literally ()
- Animate's Free! Cafe Updates with New Food and Merchandise ()
- Blood Lad's Takuma Terashima Closes Twitter Account Over Harassment ()
- New Product Lets You Carry Hatsune Miku In Your Pocket ()
- Newest Vocaloids Are Twin Tsundere High School Girls ()
- These Glow-In-The-Dark Kids' PJs Will Make You Jealous ()
- Tiger & Bunny Crew Takes Over Ooedo Hot Springs ()
- Fans Vote on Their Favorite Anime Directors Post-Miyazaki ()
- Manga Encourages Kids to Eat Healthy ()
- Fans Rank Their Biggest Live-Action Anime Adaptation Fails ()
- Artist Reimagines Hunter x Hunter As Dragonball Z, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure ()
- Celebrate Your Next Occasion With Madoka Magica Cakes ()
- Love Live's Aya Uchida Transforms Into a Magical Girl ()
- Yuichi Nakamura Has Guest Role on This Week's My Little Pony ()
- Tanemura's Characters Come to Life in Shojo Beat Games ()
- Lingerie Models Show Off Their Sailor Moon Spirit ()
- Yowamushi Pedal Stage Play Cast is Ready to Race ()
- Love Live Collaborates with Pizza Hut ()
- Sculptors Document the Making of a Life Sized Hatsune Miku Statue ()
- Figure-Skating Silver Medalist Chan Prepared by Drumming to K-ON! ()
- Figure-Skating Gold Medalist Hanyū Drawn Danganronpa Style, Leads Makoto Actress to Comment ()
- Poll: Most Useful Stands from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure ()
- Girl With Rare Skin Condition Honored in Black Hat Project ()
- Ah My Goddess, Patlabor Artists Draw Figure-Skating Gold Medalist Hanyū ()
- Nisekoi Designer Draws Hidamari Sketch Crossover ()
- Happy Valentine's Day From Your Favorite Anime Series and Artists! (Part 2) ()
- Japanese Musician Expresses Her Feelings About Effects Units with Doujin Anime ()
- Reach Out And Touch Hatsune Miku With A Power Glove ()
- Happy Valentine's Day From Your Favorite Anime Series and Artists! (Part 1) ()
- Macross Valkyrie LEGO Set Not Out of the Question ()
- Receive Your Valentine's Day Chocolates From These Anime Series ()
- 500 Fans Rank Their Favorite Winter 2014 Anime ()
- Over 1,000 Fans Pick The Coolest Old Guy Voice Actors ()
- Live-Action Akira Director Says Original Characters Are Boring ()
- Mecha Chopper Figure is Tiny and Adorable ()
- Vote for Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha's Official Abbreviation ()
- Japanese Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications Unveils Moe Mascots ()
- S.H.Figuarts Announces Super Mario Figure ()
- Kantai Collection Invades WonderFest With New Figures ()
- Concept Art Revealed For Stalled Live-Action Akira Film ()
- Boy Band SMAP Wears Hello Kitty Suits to Celebrate Her 40th Anniversary ()
- Tamashii Nations Unveils SH Figurarts Sailor Saturn Figure ()
- Takara Tomy Arts Releases New Line of Toys Parodying the Statue of Liberty ()
- Cardcaptor Sakura Receives Nendoroid and Dress-Up Doll ()
- Love Live to Race Super GT Cars ()
- Photos Revealed of S.H.Figuarts' Sadako From The Ring ()
- Otaku Take Advantage of Record Snowfall to Make Anime-Inspired Snowmen ()
- Hanasaku Iroha's Mel Kishida Holds Reverse Autograph Session ()
- Akihabara Based Project to Recreate Dishes Seen in Anime ()
- Follow This Floral Cat on a Tour of Tokyo's Rivers ()
- Prince of Tennis's Atobe Created with 4,176 Chocolates ()
- Equip Your Final Fantasy VII Materia As Chocolates ()
- World's First Luggage Designed for Cosplayers Seeks Crowdfunding ()
- Escape from Giants in Attack on Titan Game Set in Yokohama Stadium ()
- Mini Sword Art Online & Tales of Destiny Swords Offered for Sale ()
- Movic Brings Back Cardcaptor Sakura's Wands — in Diecast Metal ()
- Colossal Titans Eat Boxed Lunches Too in Hokka Hokka Tei Campaign ()
- Engaged to the Unidentified Anime's Locales Found in Real Life ()
- More Sexy Life-Size Prince of Tennis For Your Walls ()
- Web Manga Manshin-so Secret Service Combines Bishonen and Illness ()
- Anti-Piracy "NO MORE Movie Thief" Mascots Get Full-Scale, Posable Figures ()
- Ghost in the Shell Arise Assault Rifle to be Made Into Toy ()
- Over 24,000 Fans Choose Their Favorite Nisekoi Character ()
- Singer May'n Joins the Nendoroid Lineup ()
- Powerpuff Girls Get Furry in Japanese Crossover Campaign ()
- Sweeten Your Valentine's Day with Attack on Titan ()
- Fill Up on Kamen Rider Buns at Toei's Tokusatsu Museum ()
- Meter-Tall Plush of Danganronpa's Monokuma Goes for US$300 ()
- Akira Toriyama to Draw Manga About Goku's Mom ()
- America, Get Ready for Cat Cafes ()
- Nintendo Originally Asked to Make Pikachu Buff ()
- Fans Free Their Love For Rin's Birthday ()
- Prince of Tennis' Fuji Has Already Received 8,000 Valentine's Chocolates ()
- Anime Celebrities Throw Beans for Setsubun ()
- Catch Some Zzs On This Snorlax Pillow ()
- Madhouse to Open Physical Goods Shop in Asagaya Anime Street ()
- Fan Recreates Second Attack on Titan Opening with Super Smash Bros. Characters ()
- My Little Pony Gets An Anime Twist in Fan Video ()
- Japanese Fans Pick Their Perfect Valentine's Day Anime Crushes ()
- Artist Recreates Tokyo Nightscapes with Neon Dots ()
- Manga Creator Masashi Kishimoto Sketches Naruto in Video ()
- Shonen Jump Poll Ranks Shokugeki no Soma Characters and Their Dishes ()
- Denver Broncos Linebacker Geared Up For Super Bowl By Catching Pokemon ()
- Take Over the World with Sgt. Frog, One Beef Bowl At A Time ()
- Nisekoi Girls Dress-Up in Official Art ()
- Hatsune Miku Appears in Rage of Bahamut ()
- Anime Comes to Life in Fashion Designs and Collections ()
In North America we usually bust out the skeletons and draculas in October, but in manga, it seems like summertime is a much spookier season. Deb is ready to explain why! ― Why is Summer considered the season for spooky stories in manga, not Autumn / October like it is in North America? Much as Halloween at the end of October is the holiday that anchors the season for spooks and ghouls in North Amer...
just for fun
ANNCast is back with the audio from our panel at Otakon 2018, featuring special guest Mike Toole! Zac and Mike take a quick tour of 20 years of ANN history, followed by a Q&A session with the audience. ― ANNCast Live at Otakon 2018 ANNCast is back with the audio from our panel at Otakon 2018, featuring special guest Mike Toole! Zac and Mike take a quick tour of 20 years of ANN history, followed by a...
Studio TRIGGER's tokusatsu re-imagining SSSS.GRIDMAN hits this October, and we've got a fun and fascinating in-depth chat with two of the show's staff - animator Masaru Sakamoto and animation director Masato Takeuchi. ― It's a big year for Studio TRIGGER director Akira Amemiya. After helming two well-received short series (the adorable Space Patrol Luluco and the cult smash Inferno Cop), Amemiya has ...
Kazuya Ide, producer for visual effects and animation studio Shirogumi Inc, chats about revisions, his new CG anime from the director of Code Geass, what it takes to put together a CG anime, and the future of animation in Japan. ― Kazuya Ide is a producer for Shirogumi Inc., a visual effects and animation studio in Japan with a decades-long legacy - you've likely seen their work in Shin Godzilla (or ...
Romance and leisure butt heads for the heroine of this grounded and relatable dramedy for adult women. Rebecca Silverman has the details. ― At first blush, Tokyo Alice looks like a manga version of the stereotype that women just love to shop more than anything else in the world. And that is part of what's going on here – Fu Arisugawa is a shopaholic, specifically addicted to brand names and expensive...
Revue Starlight jumps 14 PLACES on the chart to challenge Attack on Titan for the throne! Find out how your favorite shows performed in our weekly user rankings. ― Our team of reviewers are following 27 anime series of the Summer 2018 season and readers are rating each episode as the reviews go up. So let's have a look at what ANN readers consider the best (and worst) of the season. Keep in mind tha...
J.C. Staff megaproducer Yuji Matsukura has over 120 anime titles to his name, from Food Wars to A Certain Magical Index - so when fans lined up to ask him questions at Otakon 2018, the results were unpredictable - and fascinating! ― Food Wars fans came in droves to J.C. Staff producer Yuji Matsukura's panel at Otakon this year in Washington, DC. Matsukura is a legendary producer, with 120 titles unde...
There's some unsettling news coming out of visual novel publisher Sekai Project right now - Heidi files some editorial commentary on what we might expect. PLUS: Zelda-flavored Diablo on Switch, Fist of the North Star and more! ― Hey, you know what makes any day more exciting? A whole lot of exploding Fist of the North Star heads. Thanks, Sega! Now that we've had our dose of Kenshiro, let's move on to...
Hanebado! came on strong as the world's most melodramatic badminton anime, but has it taken those heights of angst too far? Micchy and Steve hang on for dear life through this series' wild mood swings. ― Hanebado! came on strong as the world's most melodramatic badminton anime, but has it taken those heights of angst too far? This week, Micchy and Steve hang on for dear life through this series' wild...
In the growing catalogue of LGBTQ+ manga, That Blue Sky Feeling's thoughtful tone and respect for its characters makes it a must-read. Rebecca Silverman has the details. ― Rumors are the lifeblood of many a school or workplace. Sometimes there's nothing malicious behind them, but other times the rumors can be socially or emotionally devastating to their subjects. That's what Dai Noshiro is convinced ...
The director of the international phenomenon known as Fate/Grand Order talks about the last year of incredible success, what the English playerbase has been like, plus some insight from Saber herself, Ayako Kawasumi! ― At nearly every major anime convention these days your eyeballs will be greeted by massive, city-carpeting advertisements for Aniplex's massive Fate/Grand Order mobile game, which laun...
You may not have read any of Morimi's novels yet, but you've probably seen one - and it likely blew your mind! From The Tatami Galaxy to The Eccentric Family, Kim Morrissy celebrates the incredible anime adaptations of one exceptional Japanese novelist. ― If you're a fan of the anime director Masaaki Yuasa, then you've probably come across the novelist Tomihiko Morimi in some form. The Tatami Galaxy ...
Shocking revelations about Isao Takahata's treatment of his staff in Toshio Suzuki's recent book have some fans asking: what are we supposed to think of his films and his legacy now? Justin considers the angles. ― Fartball asked: Isao Takahata was one of my favorite anime directors, and I was heartbroken when he died a few months ago. Now Ghibli's producer Toshio Suzuki is saying Takahata was an awf...
The Promised Neverland runs through a dazzling series of twists and betrayals in its pulse-pounding third volume. Nick Creamer has the details. ― The Promised Neverland hits the ground running in its third volume, opening with new allies Gilda and Don staging a daring and likely ill-advised break-in of Isabella's secret room. Their extremely rash choice leads to both discord within the main group and...
Planet With is the first original anime project written by beloved manga author Satoshi Mizukami, and it's been absurd and exciting from the start to its shocking halfway point cliffhanger. Nick and Jacob try to make sense of this mecha action rollercoaster. ― Planet With is the first original anime project written by beloved manga author Satoshi Mizukami, and it's been absurd and exciting from the s...
World-famous voice actors Bryce Papenbrook and Yuki Kaji get together for a fun chat about one of the roles they share: The Seven Deadly Sins' fearless hero, Meliodas! ― To the excitement of fans, popular series, The Seven Deadly Sins, returns with an upcoming movie on August 18, 2018. As one of top watched anime on Netflix, an upcoming film in August 2018, and a lineup of the biggest names in the in...
This 3DCG anime comedy dripping with 90s arcade lore from classics like Final Fight and Street Fighter II doesn't hit Netflix until December, but we've got all the details from the premiere at Otakon - with comments from the show's producers! ― The Hi Score Girl anime had a long road to production. Originally announced in 2013, the project was sidelined after SNK Playmore filed a criminal complaint a...
The heroes of Is it Wrong to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? venture outside Orario for once in this adventurous volume. Theron Martin has the details. ― For all of the great work that writer Fujino Omori has done with the setting of DanMachi, details on any locations beyond Orario and its immediate environs have been woefully limited. Although a couple of short stories in the main series have transpired...