Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Collaborates with Red Cross for Blood Donations
posted on by Chris Nishijima
The Red Cross of Japan is teaming up with Nagaru Tanigawa and Noizi Ito, the creators of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, to raise awareness for Japan's need for blood donors. Starting March 8, participating blood donation centers will be giving out promotional posters featuring Haruhi, Yuki, and Mikuru of the SOS Brigade along with the Japanese Red Cross mascot Kenketsu-chan to anyone willing to donate blood for a charitable cause.
According to the Red Cross, the number of blood donors in Japan has decreased in recent years, especially among members of the younger generations. This collaboration was designed to help draw in the attention and interest of new donors.
The campaign will run for one week's duration. Posters will be available at any of the following blood donation centers:
- Mint Kobe 15 Blood Donation Center
- Sangu Center Plaza Blood Donation Room
- Shin-Nagata Blood Donation Room, near the Tetujin 28-go statue
- Akashi Drivers License Testing Center Blood Donation Room
- Nishikita Blood Donation Room
- Tsukaguchi Sun Sun Town Blood Donation Room
- Himeji Miyuki Blood Donation Room