Interest - November 2014
- Daily Cosplay - Godzilla ()
- Sailor Moon, Cardcaptor Sakura, Princess Knight Celebrate Nakayoshi's 60th Year ()
- Daily Cosplay - Catherine's Catherine ()
- Bandai Releases New Line of Sailor Moon Earrings ()
- Pokémon Takes Over Japan's Busiest Intersection ()
- Chinese Artist Creates Realistic Art of Dragon Ball Villains ()
- Aikatsu Idols Team Up With Tokyo Metro Police to Fight Fraud ()
- Take a Tour of the Attack on Titan Art Exhibit ()
- Daily Cosplay - Petit Eva [email protected]'s Rei (Halloween Ver) ()
- Daily Cosplay - Wonder Woman ()
- Gundam's Yoshiyuki Tomino Shares Thoughts on Working with Attack on Titan's Tetsuro Araki ()
- There's a Doraemon Christmas Tree in Singapore ()
- Sanrio's Unmotivated Egg Mascot Gudetama Gets More Shorts in Time for Thanksgiving ()
- Pop-Up Shop Offers Princess Jellyfish-Inspired Outfits ()
- Pokémon Rumble U and Amiibo Figures Are Kind Of Compatible ()
- Daily Cosplay - Pokemon Conquest's Masamune ()
- Japanese Film Pros Ranked Their Top Movies to Show Kids, with Ghibli Titles Sweeping the Top 3 ()
- Website Lets You Make Your Own Terrifying Titan ()
- Kakureya Secret Gaming Base Gets Upgrades and Price Cut ()
- Yo-kai Watch will Hit the Stage in New Year's Eve Song Contest ()
- Add Magic Knight Rayearth Boots To Your Stealth Cosplay Wardrobe ()
- Hydrate Your Skin With These Slightly Terrifying Hello Kitty Face Masks ()
- Watch Mangaka Daioki Draw in Wacom's Live Painting ()
- Daily Cosplay - Halo Hayabusa Armor ()
- Japanese Scientists Bring Us Closer to World of Ghost in the Shell ()
- Spruce Up Your Bathroom with a Lustful Trinity Seven Shower Curtain ()
- Daily Cosplay - Kill la Kill's Nui Harime ()
- Yoshiki Descends Upon Hello Kitty's 40th Anniversary Parade On A Flying Gondola ()
- Gundam Reconguista in G's Raraiya Stars in Guide Dog Poster ()
- Poll Ranks Top CLAMP Manga Among Young Japanese Working Women ()
- Chinese Girl Wins Award For Essay Comparing Gundam SEED to Sino-Japanese Relations ()
- One Piece x Hello Kitty Collaboration Heads to Europe ()
- Bid For the Chance to Enjoy A Private Dinner with Yoshiki ()
- Attack on Titan Film's New Umaibo Snack Promo Stars Armin ()
- 64-y.o. Singer Shows That Enka Is Still Cool With A Cover of the Evangelion Theme ()
- Nagoya Store's Lanky Mannequin Gets Naruto Makeover ()
- Tennis Star Kei Nishikori Gets Fan Art by Prince of Tennis Creator ()
- Celebrate the Final Volume of the Evangelion Manga With Canvas Sneakers ()
- Somebody Recreated the Entirety of Tokyo Disneyland in Minecraft ()
- Watch the PG RX-0 Unicorn Gundam Kit Assemble Itself In This Ad ()
- 'Gum Kare!' Handsome Chewing Gum Boyfriends Want You to Bite Them ()
- Fuchiko is Ready to Do Battle in Kantai Collection Crossover ()
- Fan Recreates Final Fantasy VII's Gaia in Little Big Planet 2 ()
- Tiger & Bunny Characters Get Raccoon Makeovers For Rascal Collaboration ()
- Nominations for Top Buzzwords of 2014 are In ()
- Most In Demand Voice Actresses of 2014 ()
- Cuddle Up With These New Ichiban Kuji Pokémon Prizes ()
- Get Ready for the Human Instrumentality Project with Evangelion 2015 Calendars ()
- Author Naoki Hyakuta Thinks Hayao Miyazaki's Got a Few Screws Loose ()
- Yowamushi Pedal Christmas Roll Cakes Come in 37 Types ()
- Star-Struck Miyavi Meets Hayao Miyazaki ()
- Fan Re-imagines Yowapeda Cast As Tim Burton-Style Characters ()
- Yōkai Watch's Jibanyan Ousts Pikachu From the World Hobby Fair Spotlight ()
- Power Up with Baki the Grappler Energy Drinks ()
- Fuchico Spreads Some Christmas Cheer Around the Cup ()
- Release Dates Set for Tuxedo Mask S.H.Figuarts, Sailor Mars Pullip from Sailor Moon ()
- A Glimpse At the Attack on Titan x Marvel Crossover Comic's Lady Titan ()
- Readers Vote for the Top 20 'Most Powerful' Jump Manga ()
- Let Your Dog Save the Day In A Kamen Rider Outfit ()
- Hayao Miyazaki Voices Support for Demilitarizing Okinawa ()
- Tales of Series Gets Fashionable Pumps ()
- Attack on Titan Film's Umaibo Snack Promo Streamed ()
- Fans Pick Manga/Light Novels They Most Want Adapted into an Anime ()
- Durarara Takes Over Namjatown ()
- Aoi Honō and Yōkai Watch Mangaka Also Contribute Illustrations to Live-Action Journey to the West Posters ()
- Japanese Military Developing Mobile Powered Suits ()
- Moyoco Anno Has An Instagram And It's Amazing ()
- Kyary Pamyu Pamyu Talks Challenges, Past Thoughts of Retirement ()
- Get Ready For Winter With a Hatsune Miku Cardigan ()
- Police Stop Chibatman From Taking Part in Marathon ()
- Bishoujo Game Takes on Japanese Constitution's Anti-War Clause ()
- Mario Kart's Mercedes-Benz Collaboration Enters the Real World With TV Spot ()
- Yowamushi Pedal Finally Gets An Official Bike Helmet ()
- Psycho-Pass Kōgami, Makishima Inspire Shirts ()
- Chinese Restaurant and Yaoi Manga Artist Team Up for a Delicious T-Shirt ()
- Fumiko Fumi's Bokura no Hentai Cross-Dressing Manga Gets Promo ()
- Japanese High School Students Mix It Up for 'Sex Change Day' ()
- Bootleg Cardcaptor Sakura Totally Doesn't Condone the Evil Stick ()
- Online Community Rallies to Help After A University Co-op Ordered Too Much Pocky ()
- Attack on Titan Cast Reimagined as School Kids on Brutus Magazine ()
- This 1-of-a-Kind Evangelion Car Could be Yours... For 16 Million Yen ()
- Get Your Crunch on With Sailor Moon Crystal Tortilla Chips ()
- Watch the Pocky Pole Project Drop Giant Pocky and Pretz-Shaped Sticks Via Skydivers ()
- Thomas Romain Draws Himself, Shoji Kawamori As Basquash Mech ()
- Summer Is Still Going Strong with Free! Plushes, Figures, and Squishy Mascots ()
- Shonen Jump Manga Creators Also Send Off Naruto With Comments ()
- Long-Awaited Cleaning Robot Mimics Cute Little Sister ()
- Akira Toriyama Draws Son Goku For Stephen Chow's Journey to the West Film ()
- Go Old School with Cute Nintendo Pixel Art Bracelets ()
- Japanese Erotica Art Book Includes Work by Final Fantasy's Amano ()
- Tales of Zestiria Collaborates with Punk Lolita Clothing Brand Putumayo ()
- Wrap Up Your Holiday Gifts with Sailor Moon Paper Goods ()
- Get a Closer Look at the Attack on Titan Live-Action Films' Setting ()
- Re-Enact Yowamushi Pedal With Finger Puppets ()
- One Piece Manga Sends Off Naruto With a Classy Secret Message ()
- McDonald's Now Fully On Board the Yo-kai Watch Bandwagon ()
- Man Arrested for Selling Fake Yōkai Watch Medals ()
- Hello Kitty Dresses Up As Akatsuki no Yona Characters for Magazine Freebie ()
- Fate/Stay night, Animate, Sanrio Also Enjoy Kabe Don ()
- Actor Yōsuke Kubozuka Rocks Halloween With His Girlfriend In Their JoJo's Costumes ()
- Knights of Sidonia Offers Official 3D Models For Sale to the Public ()
- Voice Actors Talk About Ramen ()
- The Wearable Kotatsu Is Even Better Than Snuggies ()
- Fans Sound Off About the Manga Series They've Actually Finished Collecting ()
- Find Your Soulmate At the Evangelion Store's Matchmaking Event ()
- A Hello Kitty Cafe Is Coming to Southern California ()
- Cat Town Cafe Opens in Oakland After Crowdfunding Campaign ()
- Playing With Your Food is OK If It's A Kyubey Meat Bun ()
- Sailor Guardians Seize Famima with Special Blenders, Vacuum Robots, and More ()
- Live-Action Parasyte Director Talks About Potential Differences Between His Film and the Scrapped Hollywood Version ()
- Keigo Atobe Tops List of Twitter Birthday Well-Wishes ()
- Ace Attorney Localizer Explains Alternate-Universe Los Angeles ()
- A New Pikachu Will Be Flying High for This Year's Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade ()
- Real Life Android Looks Almost Too Real ()
- Manga Apartments for Foreigners to Open in Tokyo ()
- Winter Comiket Catalog Posted Online, with Kantai Collection At the Top Spot ()
In North America we usually bust out the skeletons and draculas in October, but in manga, it seems like summertime is a much spookier season. Deb is ready to explain why! ― Why is Summer considered the season for spooky stories in manga, not Autumn / October like it is in North America? Much as Halloween at the end of October is the holiday that anchors the season for spooks and ghouls in North Amer...
just for fun
ANNCast is back with the audio from our panel at Otakon 2018, featuring special guest Mike Toole! Zac and Mike take a quick tour of 20 years of ANN history, followed by a Q&A session with the audience. ― ANNCast Live at Otakon 2018 ANNCast is back with the audio from our panel at Otakon 2018, featuring special guest Mike Toole! Zac and Mike take a quick tour of 20 years of ANN history, followed by a...
Studio TRIGGER's tokusatsu re-imagining SSSS.GRIDMAN hits this October, and we've got a fun and fascinating in-depth chat with two of the show's staff - animator Masaru Sakamoto and animation director Masato Takeuchi. ― It's a big year for Studio TRIGGER director Akira Amemiya. After helming two well-received short series (the adorable Space Patrol Luluco and the cult smash Inferno Cop), Amemiya has ...
Kazuya Ide, producer for visual effects and animation studio Shirogumi Inc, chats about revisions, his new CG anime from the director of Code Geass, what it takes to put together a CG anime, and the future of animation in Japan. ― Kazuya Ide is a producer for Shirogumi Inc., a visual effects and animation studio in Japan with a decades-long legacy - you've likely seen their work in Shin Godzilla (or ...
Romance and leisure butt heads for the heroine of this grounded and relatable dramedy for adult women. Rebecca Silverman has the details. ― At first blush, Tokyo Alice looks like a manga version of the stereotype that women just love to shop more than anything else in the world. And that is part of what's going on here – Fu Arisugawa is a shopaholic, specifically addicted to brand names and expensive...
Revue Starlight jumps 14 PLACES on the chart to challenge Attack on Titan for the throne! Find out how your favorite shows performed in our weekly user rankings. ― Our team of reviewers are following 27 anime series of the Summer 2018 season and readers are rating each episode as the reviews go up. So let's have a look at what ANN readers consider the best (and worst) of the season. Keep in mind tha...
J.C. Staff megaproducer Yuji Matsukura has over 120 anime titles to his name, from Food Wars to A Certain Magical Index - so when fans lined up to ask him questions at Otakon 2018, the results were unpredictable - and fascinating! ― Food Wars fans came in droves to J.C. Staff producer Yuji Matsukura's panel at Otakon this year in Washington, DC. Matsukura is a legendary producer, with 120 titles unde...
There's some unsettling news coming out of visual novel publisher Sekai Project right now - Heidi files some editorial commentary on what we might expect. PLUS: Zelda-flavored Diablo on Switch, Fist of the North Star and more! ― Hey, you know what makes any day more exciting? A whole lot of exploding Fist of the North Star heads. Thanks, Sega! Now that we've had our dose of Kenshiro, let's move on to...
Hanebado! came on strong as the world's most melodramatic badminton anime, but has it taken those heights of angst too far? Micchy and Steve hang on for dear life through this series' wild mood swings. ― Hanebado! came on strong as the world's most melodramatic badminton anime, but has it taken those heights of angst too far? This week, Micchy and Steve hang on for dear life through this series' wild...
In the growing catalogue of LGBTQ+ manga, That Blue Sky Feeling's thoughtful tone and respect for its characters makes it a must-read. Rebecca Silverman has the details. ― Rumors are the lifeblood of many a school or workplace. Sometimes there's nothing malicious behind them, but other times the rumors can be socially or emotionally devastating to their subjects. That's what Dai Noshiro is convinced ...
The director of the international phenomenon known as Fate/Grand Order talks about the last year of incredible success, what the English playerbase has been like, plus some insight from Saber herself, Ayako Kawasumi! ― At nearly every major anime convention these days your eyeballs will be greeted by massive, city-carpeting advertisements for Aniplex's massive Fate/Grand Order mobile game, which laun...
You may not have read any of Morimi's novels yet, but you've probably seen one - and it likely blew your mind! From The Tatami Galaxy to The Eccentric Family, Kim Morrissy celebrates the incredible anime adaptations of one exceptional Japanese novelist. ― If you're a fan of the anime director Masaaki Yuasa, then you've probably come across the novelist Tomihiko Morimi in some form. The Tatami Galaxy ...
Shocking revelations about Isao Takahata's treatment of his staff in Toshio Suzuki's recent book have some fans asking: what are we supposed to think of his films and his legacy now? Justin considers the angles. ― Fartball asked: Isao Takahata was one of my favorite anime directors, and I was heartbroken when he died a few months ago. Now Ghibli's producer Toshio Suzuki is saying Takahata was an awf...
The Promised Neverland runs through a dazzling series of twists and betrayals in its pulse-pounding third volume. Nick Creamer has the details. ― The Promised Neverland hits the ground running in its third volume, opening with new allies Gilda and Don staging a daring and likely ill-advised break-in of Isabella's secret room. Their extremely rash choice leads to both discord within the main group and...
Planet With is the first original anime project written by beloved manga author Satoshi Mizukami, and it's been absurd and exciting from the start to its shocking halfway point cliffhanger. Nick and Jacob try to make sense of this mecha action rollercoaster. ― Planet With is the first original anime project written by beloved manga author Satoshi Mizukami, and it's been absurd and exciting from the s...
World-famous voice actors Bryce Papenbrook and Yuki Kaji get together for a fun chat about one of the roles they share: The Seven Deadly Sins' fearless hero, Meliodas! ― To the excitement of fans, popular series, The Seven Deadly Sins, returns with an upcoming movie on August 18, 2018. As one of top watched anime on Netflix, an upcoming film in August 2018, and a lineup of the biggest names in the in...
This 3DCG anime comedy dripping with 90s arcade lore from classics like Final Fight and Street Fighter II doesn't hit Netflix until December, but we've got all the details from the premiere at Otakon - with comments from the show's producers! ― The Hi Score Girl anime had a long road to production. Originally announced in 2013, the project was sidelined after SNK Playmore filed a criminal complaint a...
The heroes of Is it Wrong to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? venture outside Orario for once in this adventurous volume. Theron Martin has the details. ― For all of the great work that writer Fujino Omori has done with the setting of DanMachi, details on any locations beyond Orario and its immediate environs have been woefully limited. Although a couple of short stories in the main series have transpired...