Interest - August 2010
- Daily Video: Anime Press Your Luck, Otakon 2010 ()
- Fullmetal Alchemist Quote Wins Marriage Proposal Contest ()
- Aniplex Lists 3 More Durarara English Dub Cast Members ()
- Daily Video: Omocha Box L.A. Store Commercial ()
- Pop Japan Travel Launches Studio Ghibli-Themed Tour ()
- Rie Miyazawa Stars as Hello Kitty 25 Years Later in TV Ads ()
- Saitama Prefecture Festival Sells Lucky Star T-Shirts ()
- Arizona Restaurant's 'Anime-Style' Bus Ad Declined ()
- Moyashimon Live-Action DVD Comes Bundled with Slippers ()
- Gachapin Mascot Gets Vocaloid2 Voice Synthesis Pack ()
- Monaco Hosts 'From Samurais to Mangas' Exhibit ()
- Man Who Burned Down Home Over Gundam Models Gets 4 Years ()
- Manga Museum's Millionth Visitor a U.S. Manga Fan ()
- Gainax Launches Anime Lecture Series Online ()
- Takashi Murakami Art-Directs Britney Spears Cover Shot ()
- Ghibli Removes Goods from PR Facility of Nuclear Plant ()
- Fan-Made UFC Wrestling Manga Posted ()
- 2ch Forum's Saimoe Tournament 2010 Round 1: Groups C, D ()
- Negima/Love Hina Creator Observes Moe Boom's Reported End ()
- Life-Size Gundam's Parts Auctioned for 4 Million Yen ()
- Black Lagoon, Hellsing Creators Discuss Illegal Uploads ()
- James Cameron: Battle Angel Alita 'Still On My Radar' ()
- Atlus, Studio 4°C Collaborate on Catherine Game ()
- Oxford Dictionary of English Adds 'Hikikomori' ()
- Miyazaki-Designed Park Opens at 'Totoro's Home' ()
- Japan's 1st Manga Creator Training Café Opens ()
- 'Male AKB48' Naked Boyz Group Debuts with 44 Members ()
- Fan-Made Gundam Film Short Streamed ()
- Sanrio, Dr. Martens Collaborate on Hello Kitty Shoes ()
- Naruto's Hokage Rock Recreated in Real Naruto City ()
- Ikea Sells Swedish Manga-Inspired Designs ()
- Retro Space Battleship Yamato Bicycle Ad Streamed ()
- 8-Meter Hello Kitty on Display at Tokyo's Odaiba ()
- Film, Comic, Game Makers Discuss Anime Inspirations ()
- American Artist Posts Manga-Inspired Wonder Woman Pitch ()
- Japanese Comedian Collaborates on Touhou Fan CD ()
- U.S. Actress Streams Otaku: The Series Web Sitcom ()
- Italian Firm Makes Hello Kitty Motor Oil ()
- K-On's Real-Life School Gets Its Own Postage Stamp Set ()
- Florida Library Makes Teen Area After Manga Complaints ()
- 20 Most Popular Anime/Game Names to Give Children ()
- Naruto, Bleach, Tensai Bakabon Cameras for Sale ()
- Starcraft II Strategy Game Features 'Yamato Cannon' ()
- X Japan Featured on America's ABC World News ()
- 2ch Forum's Saimoe Tournament 2010 Round 1: Groups A, B ()
- Life-Size Gundam Gets 1/1 Zaku Counterpart — on iPhone ()
- CM's Corp. Launches 'Almost Life-Size' Dr. Slump Toy ()
- Editor: Foreign Manga Scanning Led to Japanese Uploads ()
- Custom-Fitted Evangelion Plugsuits for Sale ()
- BlazBlue Game Director: I Wouldn't Like 3D Miyazaki ()
- Fukuoka City Appropriates 2channel 'Kumaa' Meme ()
- Shizuoka Gundam Statue's Time-Lapse Video Streamed ()
- Scott Pilgrim Creator Talks About Manga Inspirations ()
- Hungarian Retail Ad Features Azumanga Look-Alikes ()
- Mecha Wrestle at Japanese Robotics Conference ()
- Manga Factory Launches Japan Tour Company ()
- Terror Suspect is an Anime Fan ()
- Ads Streamed with Hugh Laurie's House, Tezuka's Black Jack ()
- Wacom Posts Live Drawing Videos by Artists, Animators ()
- Fan Launches Anime Love Hardcore Cover Album in U.S. ()
- 'Real Loveplus' Virtual Girlfriend Cosplayed ()
Loading next article...
just for fun
It's not so relaxed anymore - Laid-Back Camp leaps up 8 PLACES on the chart to dominate this week in user episode rankings! ― Our team of reviewers are following 28 anime series of the Winter 2018 season and readers are rating each episode as the reviews go up. So let's have a look at what ANN readers consider the best (and worst) of the season. Keep in mind that these rankings are based on how peop...
They seem a lot more complex than regular DVD subtitles - how exactly do they get subtitles on bluray discs? Justin has the shockingly complex answer. ― John asked: What are the technical differences between creating subtitles for DVDs and Blu-ry Discs? And were HD-DVDs any better or worse? Subtitles are a pain in the ass. No other part of making a DVD or Blu-ray is as complicated, error-prone, or a...
Part II of our GAINAX tour charts the studio's late-80s rollercoaster ride through incredible success and heartbreaking failure with Nadia, Gunbuster, and The Wings of Honneamise. ― Welcome to Part II of our 4-part history of Studio Gainax. If you missed part I, you can find it right here! Studio GAINAX was one of the first studios to bring together merchandising and anime production under one roof. ...
To celebrate the upcoming Anime Awards, Crunchyroll is excited to announce its partnership with Twitch to exclusively livestream the awards ceremony, live from Hollywood. ― To celebrate the Anime Awards, Crunchyroll is excited to announce its partnership with Twitch to exclusively livestream the awards ceremony, live from Hollywood at at 6:00PM PST on Saturday, February 24th. Follow Crunchyroll's Tw...
Warner Bros. live-action FMA movie has finally arrived on Netflix to surprisingly little fanfare. We discover why this particular project didn't get the U.S. theatrical attention of its peers. ― Warner Bros. live-action FMA film has finally arrived on Netflix to surprisingly little fanfare. This week in anime, Nick and Jacob discover why this particular project didn't get the U.S. theatrical attentio...
Attack on Titan's Bryce Papenbrook and Kill la Kill's David Vincent sit down for a chat about their new approach to connecting fans and voice actors. ― Fans may recognize veteran voice actors Bryce Papenbrook (Attack on Titan, Sword Art Online) and David Vincent (Fate/Zero, Kill La Kill) from their work in a number of anime and video game series, but the two have a unique off-screen collaboration, as...
Heidi takes the Secret of Mana remake for a spin, plus Namco's Catalog IP project, Metal Gear Survive, Dragon Ball FighterZ DLC and a whole lot more! ― It's another one of those slow news weeks, which means I can take a bit of space in this column to babble about something I'm particularly interested in. This week, I've got the perfect excuse to talk about two things I really like: the mobile game Go...
The final arc in the Utena saga has arrived on blu-ray, alongside the opulent Adolescence of Utena film. Rebecca Silverman looks back on how this classic concluded. ― With this final arc of the Revolutionary Girl Utena narrative, the story throws all subtlety out the window. That's not strictly a negative in terms of getting the most out of everything the series has built up, because when the visuals...
Wow! Hundreds of millions of dollars are flowing into the anime industry thanks to streaming! Is any of that money going to the people who actually make anime? Justin gets into it. ― Custom Gundam asked: With ANN recently reporting that Crunchyroll royalties to the Japanese industry exceed US $100 million and also the huge amount recieved from global companies like Netflix and Amazon and also the va...
Take a journey back in time with Daryl Surat, when many people were introduced to anime through heartwarming films like My Neighbor Totoro and Grave of the Fireflies. But what forgotten gems lie sleeping in this long-ago year? ― Every so often, I get questions regarding what the value is in observing what works of popular culture remain worth watching, decades after their creation. But nearly three m...
This beloved 2000s megahit is the newest to get a live-action update to the big screen, now available on Netflix after its theatrical run in Japan. Theron Martin finds out if this movie can live up to fans' expectations. ― Fullmetal Alchemist was one of the most popular and successful anime/manga franchises of the 2000s, so the only surprise surrounding this live-action adaptation might be that it di...
Citrus has turned a few heads with its incestuous twist on lesbian romance. We suss out whether this makes for a juicy love story or just sour pulp. ― Citrus has turned a few heads with its incestuous twist on lesbian romance. This week in anime, Michelle and Steve suss out whether this makes for a juicy love story or just sour pulp. Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed by the participants in...
Hiromu Arakawa's pastoral drama about the highs and lows of farm living at an agricultural college is a far cry from Fullmetal Alchemist, but just as rewarding. Rebecca Silverman has the details. ― Hiromu Arakawa's agricultural coming of age tale's anime adaptation reached English-speakers long before now, which makes it feel like a real treat to finally get the chance to read the manga. Based roughl...