Anime Midstream Licenses B't X Neo OVA Series, Reveals English Dub Trailer
posted on by Alex Mateo
Sound Cadence Studios revealed on Thursday that Dallas-based anime licensing company Anime Midstream, Inc. has licensed B't X Neo, the original video animation sequel to the B't X television anime of Masami Kurumada's (Saint Seiya) manga of the same name. Anime Midstream will release the series on DVD in Japanese with English subtitles and with an English dub. Sound Cadence Studios began streaming an English announcement trailer.
Anime retailer Right Stuf is listing that the DVD will ship on April 26.
Sound Cadence Studios cast and recorded the new English dub. The new cast members include:
- Kira Buckland as Dr. Lisa
- Marissa Lenti as Shadow
- Stephanie Young as Rosemary
- Wendy Powell as Madonna
- Daman Mills as Hokuto
- Courtland Johnson as Zeta
- Lindsay Sheppard as Shita
- Jimmy David Taylor as Vanilla Fudge
- David Matranga as Quatro, Quatro (Young)
- David Wald as Loresso
- Stephen Fu as Meimu
- Aaron Roberts as Halloween
- Megan Shipman as Lily
- Geordie Holly as Fou (Young)
- Emily Fajardo as Hokuto (Young)
- Cynthia Cranz as Hokuto's Mother
- David Dobrev as narrator
The returning cast includes:
- Eric Vale as Teppei
- Jeremy Inman as X
- Josh Grelle as Kotaro & Kotaro (Young)
- Morgan Garrett as Karen
- Caitlin Glass as Aramis
- Tyson Rinehart as Metal Face
- J. Michael Tatum as Fou
- Tia Ballard as J'Taime
- Clarine Harp as Max
- Ian Sinclair as Ron
- Marcus Stimac as Raido
- Joanna Beatty as Kari
- Alison Viktorin as Misha
- Natalie Hoover as Nasha
- Kristen McGuire as Teppei (Young)
- Justin Briner as Marcello
- Chris Rager as Amigo
- Mike McFarland as Juggler
The dub staff includes:
- ADR Director: Marissa Lenti
- Assistant ADR Director: Amber Lee Connors
- Script Supervisor: Marissa Lenti
- ADR Script Writer: Jimmy David Taylor
- ADR Script Prep: Amber Lee Connors
- ADR Recording Prep: Patrick Morphy
- ADR Engineers: Jamal Roberson, Matt Grounds, Howard Wang, Ben Tehrani, Patrick Morphy, Alyssa Dumas
- Mixing and Mastering Engineer: William Dewell
- Project Lead: Marissa Lenti
- Talent Coordinator: Sally Haden
- Production Assistant: Howard Wang
Right Stuf describes the anime:
Teppei Takamiya made a promise to his older brother Kotaro one day. “To become a man whose light shines in this world” Fie years later, an evil organization called the Machine Empire kidnaps Kotaro, now a brilliant scientist who may be the key to completing the most powerful weapon ever created - Rafaello. During the initial kidnapping, Teppei encountered a legendary machine: the B't called “X”.
Working together they have smashed through the Machine Empire's forces time and again, escalating their rescue attempt into an all out war! Teppei's courage has even earned the support of all four of the Empire's Spiritual Guardians, who seek the learn their former masters' true motives and put an end to their rampant destruction. Meanwhile, Kotaro desperately continues to search for a means to destroy Rafaello. If he doesn't succeed, it will continue to grow until it eventually swallows the planet whole!
The B't X Neo 14-episode OVA series debuted in 1997. Hajime Kamegaki (Fushigi Yugi, Air Gear) directed the series at TMS Entertainment, and Yoshiyuki Suga (Saint Seiya, Slam Dunk) was in charge of series composition.
Anime Midstream, Inc. released the B't X television anime series with a new English dub on DVD in August 2018.
The 25-episode series originally aired in 1996. Mamoru Hamatsu (Lupin III: Return of Pycal, Glass Mask, Legendary Armor Samurai Troopers) directed the series at TMS Entertainment and also handled the series composition.
Tokyopop released the entire 16-volume manga series in North America. Illumitoon Entertainment previously released part of the television anime series in two DVD volumes with English subtitles and an English dub in 2007, but the company then cancelled the remaining DVD releases.