• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Media Blasters New Titles Solicitations (Feb '11).

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
braves

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:44 pm Reply with quote
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:58 pm Reply with quote
braves wrote:

Was August 3, 2010. Was August 31, 2010. Was October 26, 2010. Anybody out there REALLY think it WILL BE February 1, 2011? Laughing
asimpson2006

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:05 pm Reply with quote
They keep pushing the DD set back and back some more. It seems like will never get released.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
doubleO7

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:02 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
braves wrote:

Was August 3, 2010. Was August 31, 2010. Was October 26, 2010. Anybody out there REALLY think it WILL BE February 1, 2011? Laughing

I think theres a very good chance that date will stick, because by then that other company (whos name I cant remember) will have taken over distribution of their titles.
jmfsilenthill

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:06 pm Reply with quote
doubleO7 wrote:

I think theres a very good chance that date will stick, because by then that other company (whos name I can't remember) will have taken over distribution of their titles.

Allegro Media I think?......Anyway I hope you're right....not for that trash Ikki Tousen, but for the Moribito Blu ray. Hopefully it can actually come out in February.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:17 pm Reply with quote
Zetsuboushita

Looks like those waiting for Ikkitousen Double D's will be getting quite a reduced price. Can't recall last time I saw Media Blasters release a full 13 episode set for $34.99
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:00 am Reply with quote
WHERE'S MY

QUEEN'S BLADE

BLUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY
John Casey

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:05 am Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
WHERE'S MY

QUEEN'S BLADE

BLUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

I have just glimpsed deep into your character. Laughing You made a huge mistake.

But, I don't think that show was enough of a seller to warrant a blu-ray release. Moribito was their biggest hit in some time.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:02 am Reply with quote
doubleO7 wrote:
Blood- wrote:
braves wrote:

I think theres a very good chance that date will stick, because by then that other company (whos name I can't remember) will have taken over distribution of their titles.

Except that I don't think the distribution system is the problem. I think the problem is that MB doesn't have the cash to physically produce the item and all the associated costs that go with releasing a title. So if there is no product to distribute, it doesn't matter who is controlling the actual distribution system.

However, as an eternally optimistic sort, I'm prepared to be shocked and who knows? Maybe the fourth time will be the charm! Laughing
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:02 pm Reply with quote
John Casey wrote:
I have just glimpsed deep into your character. Laughing You made a huge mistake.

But, I don't think that show was enough of a seller to warrant a blu-ray release. Moribito was their biggest hit in some time.

*AHEM*

Problem is that that date isn't concrete since Bob from RACS has said that Media Blasters plans on releasing it sometime in the first quarter of 2011.

Also, I've never actually watched the show aside from glimpsing at the first episode when it first aired just to see what the hubbub was about. However, it looks so ridiculous that I can't not watch and I might as well watch it HD.
John Casey

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:18 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:

*AHEM*

Problem is that that date isn't concrete since Bob from RACS has said that Media Blasters plans on releasing it sometime in the first quarter of 2011.

Also, I've never actually watched the show aside from glimpsing at the first episode when it first aired just to see what the hubbub was about. However, it looks so ridiculous that I can't not watch and I might as well watch it HD.

Anime hyper Now, who are you aheming? You're the one crying in a big blue oversized bolded font. And y'got schooled... Sort of.

Anyways, Queen's Blade I personally rank slightly below Ikki Tousen. You see, whereas Queen's Blade lacks any and all shame ever, Ikki Tousen is practically campy about it. For example, a girl gets punched in the face - her panties get shredded. Somebody sweeps the leg, shirts come flying off.

Queen's Blade is just absurdly suggestive. Ikki Tousen practically makes a mockery of it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1