• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Filmworks Adds Queen's Blade: Rebellion TV Anime

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zendervai

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:10 pm Reply with quote
Really? I would have though Media Blasters would have gotten it.
The Tentacle

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:11 pm Reply with quote
Best news I've heard this week. Now if they'd just rescue Squid Girl before Media Blasters goes belly-up I'd be happy.
asimpson2006

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:12 pm Reply with quote
Well this caught me by surprise. I though MB would have gotten it but I guess since someone else grabbed maybe MB is just about down for the count. Well since I like Queen's Blade I will most likely buy it once it comes out.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ovan~the~Rebirth

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:14 pm Reply with quote
Wow we'll thats a surprise, its no good for Media Blasters... guess its really time to start getting Berserk, Gaogaigar, Magic Knight Rayearth, and snatch up the Moribito blurays before they really do fall under. I know Queen's Blade was keeping them afloat but looks like Sentai snatched it up from underneath them.
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:15 pm Reply with quote
I don't care for this show show, in fact I really dislike it, however if sentai was able to get this away from media blasters then I better get what I want from their catoluge now.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:17 pm Reply with quote
Whoa, MB denied. This will definitely help Sentai's bottom line. I have to admit, I wish Funi had got it instead because I tend to prefer their dubs and I think Funi would really go to town with the QB franchise, but I'm just glad that someone got it. I wonder if they'll try to get the original VAs?
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:19 pm Reply with quote
I kinda figured Sentai would pick it up when Crunchy did... it almost seems like natural progression these days.

Bad news for Media Blasters, though.
Sailor S

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:27 pm Reply with quote
This can only lend more to the speculation that this time, THIS time for reals, Media Blasters is done. Like they've been many times in the past. At any rate, certainly glad to see a much more stable company was able to get their hands on Rebellion. Queen's Blade is one of many guilty pleasures (is it still a guilty pleasure if I don't actually feel guilty about watching it?) so I'm happy to see the newest installment get licensed.
The American Average

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:28 pm Reply with quote
The Tentacle wrote:
Best news I've heard this week. Now if they'd just rescue Squid Girl before Media Blasters goes belly-up I'd be happy.

Don't forget about Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, been waiting for that for a long time
FrameFreeze100

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:56 pm Reply with quote
I predict a fanservice license spree coming up for Sentai:

*Ikki Tousen: Xtreme Xecutor
(if they can take QB why not IT too)
*Seikon no Qwaser
(Hoods Entertainment package deal with Mysterious Girlfriend X)
*Manyuu Hikenchou
(Hoods Entertainment package deal with Mysterious Girlfriend X)

QB: Rebellion will most likely have a BD release too which means a dub.

Wonder if Sentai will outsource it to New York or do it in-house. Only a few characters return.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:07 pm Reply with quote
@FrameFreeze100 - from your lips to the God of Fanservice's hairy earhole. Now that Lovely Complex and Bakemonogatari (I'm assuming a home release even though Aniplex hasn't confirmed that yet) have got R1 licenses, SnQ is one of my most wanted license announcements (along with Skip Beat! and Zombie-loan). I'm curious about Manyuu Hikenchuu because when it was broadcast, I could only find butchered (i.e. censored) versions of it to stream so I didn't bother watching. I wonder if MB will be able to cough up IT: Great Guardians before going tits up.
opn

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:18 pm Reply with quote
even though i dont care for queens blade this is just terrible news for MB and it looks like their down for the count its a shame too since i was hoping they would release squid girl 2 and zetsubo but it looks like both of those are not happening anytime soon. since medaka box and this title had the same regional restrictions im betting sentai got dusk maiden of amnesia too which had the same restrictions as those two.
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:36 pm Reply with quote
I wish to God that stuff like this wouldn't sell. Nothing against Sentai, or anyone, but it's stuff like this that gives anime fans a bad name. Not because of what it is, but because it sells so well.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:40 pm Reply with quote
DmonHiro wrote:
I wish to God that stuff like this wouldn't sell. Nothing against Sentai, or anyone, but it's stuff like this that gives anime fans a bad name. Not because of what it is, but because it sells so well.

A bad name with whom? I'm glad I'm not one of those spineless twerps who gives two shits what anybody thinks of what I choose to watch.
blaizevincent

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:45 pm Reply with quote
well thats Media Blasters All but dead. This was their biggest seller wasn't it?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5