• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Infinite Stratos (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Boomerang Flash

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 1:36 am Reply with quote
Dual! Parallel Trouble Adventures: This is what happens when the creators of Tenchi gets fed up with all the Evangelion angst and decide to rewrite the Eva plot with a Tenchi approach.

Martian Successor Nadesico

Rebuild of Evangelion: With all the discussion centering around the (alleged) symbolism and psychologically disturbed characters, it's easy to not realize that yes, this is a mecha show; yes, it has outstanding action; and yes, it started with interesting comedy scripts. With Asuka being more dere in the movies, Kaworu being more forthcoming about his attraction to Shinji, and the addition of Mari, I'd say it qualifies as a harem in some sense.

Vandread: Some time in the future, mankind appears to have split between male and females, which are now at war. The main character, a guy, ends up with a crew of females. There are mecha here, though it's not the focus like in Infinite Stratos.

And then ANN gives the following results if you search for harem and mecha tags together. I suspect that they are all comedy.

Mecha is more about the love triangle than about harems though. It's so easy to find two girls fighting over the same guy, but much more difficult to find a harem mecha series.

ggqt wrote:
But there was this one episode I almost died laughing at. They are on their school trip to the beach and they are having dinner, in this scene Cecilia is kneeling and her legs get sore. Ichika notices her fidgeting, so being the stand up guy he is he tries to help. How? Yup, you guessed it; by offering to feed her.... wait whut?

He did ask her to go sit at the table at first, which makes a lot more sense. As for offering to feed her, I'm not sure whether I want to say:

1. He is a really big idiot who actually thought that feeding someone makes him feel more comfortable from the incident with Charles.

2. He is very sly and used it as an excuse to get more intimate with Cecilia.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 2:00 am Reply with quote
ggqt wrote:
Woosh! right over your head. The 90% statement was referring to the "plot, fanservice, character" comment.

Also I'm not sure what buying the blu-ray has to do with anything or how it proves something.

Ok, my bad.

Buying the blu-ray proves that i think this is different than other anime rather than just talk, but of course you can still think they are 90% the same.

@Boomerang Flash

Those are old anime. I don't feel like watching old anime anymore. And they are not really my type. I don't really think Rebuild of Evangelion is similar to IS. Do you really think eva is similar to IS?

What i mean is I like anime like Tenchi and IS.
I don't like eva. I don't like harem/fan server anime like Sekirei, Ah My Goddess, Rosario Vampire. I normal dropped those after couple eps.

I can't explain to you why i dont like those kind of shows. It just feel different. Most people may argue they are 90% the same, but it doesn't do it for me. I will never buy them. I think I have no taste in anime, somehow i like anime that people hate all the time like Legend of the Legendary Heroes.

I'm not saying they are good or bad. You will never see me argue on topic about what's good what's not good.
ggqt

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 5:41 am Reply with quote
Swoosh. Right over your head. again....

What I said was that you could say there is NO PLOT, DECENT FANSERVICE, and SOMEWHAT LIKABLE CHARACTERS in 90% of the shows out there. I said nothing about harems or mechas.

Buying the blu-ray really just means you paid for it, not much else. You can like it regardless if you own a hard copy or not.

But none of this has anything to do with how ridiculous this show is. Offering to feed someone because their legs are cramped from kneeling to long? Please, find me a more ridiculous scenario then that.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10