• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Crunchyroll Teases Project with Animator Kou Yoshinari

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TD912

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:35 pm Reply with quote
Looks like somebody on their social media team messed up as I don't see the post anymore. Guess it was deleted?
Gurren Rodan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:26 pm Reply with quote
I'm curious how the crowd who complained about that other Crunchy original will respond to this. Collaborating with a prominent Japanese artist is pretty significant.
Яeverse

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:51 pm Reply with quote
What a waste of my money. Should have used it to invest in a Haikyuu!! season 4 instead.
CatSword

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:59 pm Reply with quote
I don't think this is anything major - something involving Crunchyroll-hime that could range from a music video to a series of three-minute shorts.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Lord Oink

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:19 pm Reply with quote
Gurren Rodan wrote:
I'm curious how the crowd who complained about that other Crunchy original will respond to this. Collaborating with a prominent Japanese artist is pretty significant.

Well the designs don't make me want to stab my eyes out, so it's off to a better start.. but we don't know what it is yet.

(Personally I always thought the Crunchyroll girl looked like a rip off of Cure Sunny Laughing )
Crystalyn
ANN Managing Editor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:25 pm Reply with quote
Thanks to all who pointed out the Twitter post is no longer available. I took a screenshot of the video before it was taken down, so I've added that image to the article and removed the now-deleted Twitter post.
Chrono1000

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:03 pm Reply with quote
A vague tweet with a single animator doesn't provide much information and it might just turn out to be a short video. There is a small chance that it could be about one of the original shows that they are working on though I would be somewhat surprised if they announced it this way.
FLCLGainax

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:40 pm Reply with quote
Is this Kou Yoshinari related to Yoh Yoshinari, the director of the Little Witch Academia films?
relyat08

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:52 pm Reply with quote
FLCLGainax wrote:
Is this Kou Yoshinari related to Yoh Yoshinari, the director of the Little Witch Academia films?

He's his older brother. He got Yoh Yoshinari his first job in the industry back in the 90s at Madhouse before he promptly quit to go work at Gainax on Evangelion. Laughing
As such, Kou is often called Aninari(big bro nari) and Yoh is called Otounari(little bro nari) within the sakuga/animation production community.
Gurren Rodan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:47 pm Reply with quote
Kou Yoshinari is also probably one of the most talented animators in the industry right now, as far as I know. His involvement in anything, even a short, is cause for great interest.
Zalis116

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:46 pm Reply with quote
Gurren Rodan wrote:

It doesn't matter. The anti-industry haters and saboteurs will never run out of excuses to insult or "boycott" CR.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1