• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation to Stream SUPER HXEROS Anime This Summer

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CatSword

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:38 pm Reply with quote
Hope with Aniplex's backing we're not dealing with another Reviewers.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Engineering Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:56 pm Reply with quote
CatSword wrote:
Hope with Aniplex's backing we're not dealing with another Reviewers.

Probably not, this is essentially Shueisha’s temporary replacement of To Love Ru Darkness since the latter has already concluded on Jump Square. At worst, the fan service will be at level of High School DxD, which Funimation has no problem to deal with it.

And of course, it will be heavily censored like Yuna anime, for the sake of selling Blu-ray
Barry Chan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:26 pm Reply with quote
Ok definitely wont be watching this on funimation, i smell a similar situation to interspecies.
Slashman

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:26 pm Reply with quote
So no interested in censored crap. So if it is...I;m gonna give it a miss and look for the AT-X version,
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:35 pm Reply with quote
Slashman wrote:
So no interested in censored crap. So if it is...I;m gonna give it a miss and look for the AT-X version,

Given the subject material, what makes you think it WOULDNT be censored?
Lord Vaultman

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:38 pm Reply with quote
Funimation also just gave a very cryptic tweet (#believeit) from what I understand that's a naruto reference but they already announced awhile ago it was going to be on their streaming service for ireland and UK. Curious what this may mean.
Takkun4343

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:02 pm Reply with quote
Y'all realize it was the extreme borderline hentai content and halfling sex in episode 3 that killed Interspecies Reviewers as a FUNi property, right?
encrypted12345

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:39 pm Reply with quote
Takkun4343 wrote:
Y'all realize it was the extreme borderline hentai content and halfling sex in episode 3 that killed Interspecies Reviewers as a FUNi property, right?

While the manga isn't quite as lewd as Interspecies, it's still pretty lewd. I think distrust of Funimation is fair.
TarutoClown93

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:18 am Reply with quote
Slashman wrote:

The website announced they'll be releasing an uncensored version that will come a few days after each TV aired episode.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:07 am Reply with quote
TarutoClown93 wrote:
Slashman wrote:

The website announced they'll be releasing an uncensored version that will come a few days after each TV aired episode.

Assuming that this gets a simuldub, I am calling it now: Until a cast announcement is made, I see Josh Grelle playing the lead guy.
Bacon_Boi

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:11 am Reply with quote
If Funimation wont release Interspecies reviewers, why don't they stop holding it hostage and let someone else host it. Way to kill the show in the west.
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:33 am Reply with quote
encrypted12345 wrote:
Takkun4343 wrote:

While the manga isn't quite as lewd as Interspecies, it's still pretty lewd. I think distrust of Funimation is fair.

Its really not, yall are just entitled.
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:34 am Reply with quote
Bacon_Boi wrote:
If Funimation wont release Interspecies reviewers, why don't they stop holding it hostage and let someone else host it. Way to kill the show in the west.

I'm sure if you whine about it more something will change eventually. There's easier ways to watch p0rn.
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:00 am Reply with quote
Punch Drunk Marc wrote:
I'm sure if you whine about it more something will change eventually. There's easier ways to watch p0rn.

Those who watch, watch, those who won't, won't.

If someone licenses the home video release, there'll be a certain number of customers purchasing the bluray, and there'll definitely be bluray rips out there people will watch.
If someone doesn't, there won't be any paying customers purchasing the bluray, and there'll definitely be bluray rips out there people will watch.

Regardless, those who watch, watch, those who won't, won't. Except in the latter case, there's not going to be any money going back to the producers of the anime or the overseas licensee, and right now it's heavily leaning towards the latter...
Changeman

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:54 am Reply with quote
Apparently just like Peter Grill the anime will receive an uncensored (or more flexible) version that will be shown via streaming (dAnime Store in Japan) which will be called "H Energy Unleashed": https://hxeros.com/news/?article_id=54360

I don't understand why ANN did not make a topic about it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2