• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: '86' Sci-Fi War Anime's New Video Reveals More Cast, Theme Song Artists

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aerodynamic41

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2021 5:44 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Sheen directs the actions of young suicide bombers, while Lena is a “curator” who commands a detachment from a remote rear.

Are you serious? Where did you get this synopsis from? This is completely wrong!
Rogueywon

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2021 5:59 am Reply with quote
Aerodynamic41 wrote:
Quote:
Sheen directs the actions of young suicide bombers, while Lena is a “curator” who commands a detachment from a remote rear.

Are you serious? Where did you get this synopsis from? This is completely wrong!

Hilariously wrong, though I suspect the hand of machine translation.
saber721

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2021 7:30 am Reply with quote
spoiler[Well now that trailer is spoilery as hell, isn’t it? ]

Some thoughts for us LN readers:

spoiler[
-That is NOT how I imagined Ernst would look
-yay! Fredrica in animated form!
-Ooo, quick glimpses of Eugene and Grethe
-Blink and you’ll miss it shots of the Reginlief’s (Juggernaut 2.0) in action
-Shiden! Hope they include some original scenes with her and Lena this cour
-All hail the Bloodstained Queen, Bloody Reina, in her glorious black uniform!]
MFrontier

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:10 am Reply with quote
Well, they marketed as much as they could before they had to reveal you-know what.

spoiler[I guess they didn't explicitly show Shin until the very end but I doubt anyone is going to think he's dead with the rest of the Spearhead around. And the Key Visual has him in it, now in his Frederacy uniform.]

The new Opening sounds okay. I feel like more people will talk about it not fitting like they did the first Opening, but I liked it.

The new key visual is spectacular. I love it even more than the first one. It feels so fitting, showing off the pair's new looks and how serious they are.

spoiler[We're definitely getting some anime original content with Lena, Annette, and Shiden before the fall of San Magnolia to draw out the cour and, presumably, showing Spearhead again. Looks like Annette is trying to be friends with Lena again.]

spoiler[Ernst looks more like a Koji Usa character than I thought he would.

Grethe and Shiden also look a lot more feminine than they did in the Light Novel. I guess it's probably the lipstick, and Shiden having more hair (which I presume she ended up cutting when she joined the Strike Package in the novels). Shiden being voiced by the same seiyuu who did Shin's child voice is kind of hilarious when you think about it.

Frederica is 100% what I expected.]
Key

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2021 12:51 pm Reply with quote
Thought for a while there that the promo was going to play completely coy about certain key characters. Mostly what I expected (though I agree with others that spoiler[Ernst] doesn't look at all how I pictured), and spoiler[Fredericka] should be a delight.

This now means that the opening weekend of the season is heavily stacked: sequels/continuations of Yuki Yuna, 86, Restaurant to Another World, Yashahime, and Mushoku Tensei all debut in the first three days. And several major titles (including Date a Live IV) haven't announced their debut dates yet.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1