• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Aniplex Solicitations

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 7:43 pm Reply with quote
Hell, they didn't even bother to give Silver Spoon a slipcover. Confused

Even cheap Anime Classics releases get those. Rolling Eyes
JackCSutcliffe

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 9:08 pm Reply with quote
Anybody here know where to get Aniplex products at retail in Canada? I was at Anime North this weekend, and i saw some retailers selling Aniplex products at the con's dealer's room. Anyone at AN this year confirm?
jmfsilenthill

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 9:24 pm Reply with quote
^ I don't believe you can. I could be wrong though, that's been known to happen Embarassed
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 9:26 pm Reply with quote
I can confirm there were AoA titles for sale at the AN dealer room - ridiculously overpriced as virtually everything (to do with anime DVDs/BDs) is in the Dealer Room.

I don't believe there are any b&m retailers that carry AoA titles, but I could be wrong.
shamisen the great

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 1:20 am Reply with quote
I'm probably only going to buy the Anohana movie. It doesn't sound like the Madoka movies added anything that the series doesn't already cover (besides some reanimated scenes), so I'm going to pass on those.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 2:32 am Reply with quote
shamisen the great wrote:
I'm probably only going to buy the Anohana movie. It doesn't sound like the Madoka movies added anything that the series doesn't already cover (besides some reanimated scenes), so I'm going to pass on those.

Those two in that set don't, no, but the 3rd one in the trilogy is a sequel to the show with all brand new content and should not be passed up if you like the franchise. As far as the Madoka films go, I'm only interested in owning that 3rd one, personally.

I will definitely pick up the Anohana movie though.
shamisen the great

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 3:41 am Reply with quote
^ I was just referring to the first two movies. I already have Aniplex's previous Rebellion import. I might buy a domestic release depending on the extras.
JackCSutcliffe

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 3:06 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
I can confirm there were AoA titles for sale at the AN dealer room - ridiculously overpriced as virtually everything (to do with anime DVDs/BDs) is in the Dealer Room.

I don't believe there are any b&m retailers that carry AoA titles, but I could be wrong.

The places that i saw that were selling the AoA BDs/DVDs weren't listed on Aniplex's official retailers list, hope i didn't get ripped of when buying the Durarara!! DVDs Sad
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 3:24 pm Reply with quote
Well, the AoA items I saw looked legit to me, but to be honest I didn't examine them closely. Just out of curiosity, if you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for the 3 Durarara!! DVD sets?

Also, keep in mind that even if a retailer isn't an "official" retailer, I don't think there is any legal restriction from them buying copies online and reselling them in a Dealers Room. That would explain the ridiculous mark-ups.
JackCSutcliffe

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 3:32 pm Reply with quote
^ The DRRR!! DVDs i got were part 2 & 3 (Part 1 is impossible to find) but i paid 50 dollars for each part (spent 100, i know Rolling Eyes ) came in the clear digit-packs, had the postcards, and the Aniplex card you fill out to tell how well they did with the product.

I'm hoping that it is legit cause i live close to the place, they also had the Madoka BDs there but ill just buy the movie releases.
luffypirate

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 4:00 pm Reply with quote
Be careful when buying the MadoMagi TV BDs. There are some incredibly convincing counterfeit volumes of the regular editions out there. If they added a counterfeit proof of purchase and accurate cases to them I honestly would not be able to tell the difference.
One-Eye

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 4:02 pm Reply with quote
JackCSutcliffe wrote:
^ The DRRR!! DVDs i got were part 2 & 3 (Part 1 is impossible to find) but i paid 50 dollars for each part (spent 100, i know Rolling Eyes ) came in the clear digit-packs, had the postcards, and the Aniplex card you fill out to tell how well they did with the product.

I'm hoping that it is legit cause i live close to the place, they also had the Madoka BDs there but ill just buy the movie releases.

If its legit, and it kind of sounds like it, that markup isn't totally outrageous considering that it regularly went for $40 for each part on Right Stuf's website. Hell looking now part 2 & 3 are still in stock for $42.48
Sohma_Curse

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 4:06 pm Reply with quote
At that point, though, you might as well just get the lunchbox set of DRRR! TRSI (as well as other outlets) have had it as low as $150 brand new. All three single releases of the series will cost well more than that if you can even find part one.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 4:35 pm Reply with quote
@ Jack - yeah, sounds like the sets you bought are legit.
JackCSutcliffe

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 8:22 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for the update on the DRRR!! DVDs i bought, had an odd gut feeling when i bought them. I'm aware of the common Madoka bootlegs (I saw one at a vendor that was in a clear BD case, as opposed to the normal blue case, so i stayed away from them).

Kinda sucks that it seems that i don't have any AoA retailers near me, i'm not the person who's very found of online shopping Sad
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 90 of 108