• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:41 am Reply with quote
Episode 3

Campaign mode on!
spoiler[It's cool how even Yakkun is helping out the campaign.
Seems like Yuuki has a pretty strong support so far.
Their elections seems to be on a pretty high level.
The way they were talking about it was like it was real politics.
These elections and Yukki running for president is more like he's doing Yakkun a favor by not letting the competition win and at the same time saving his club.
Yakkun sure is a smooth guy who knows exactly how to turn things into an advantage.
Looks like Yuuki has a thing for Shinonome. Wonder how that's gonna effect the elections later on..]
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:41 am Reply with quote
ep.3

ok then now got tomoya 2.0 in run for pres but what to do?

here close eyes pres coming in to help give teacher & some has feeling he up to something give hmm for now with let him help in.

while drunk teacher ask her sister who challenge tomoya 2.0 in pres race is for personal or school reasons give answer for school yet also aim higher than her sister teacher.

yep also chisato went coffee can wild on it about tomoya's other girls & seem more going on it hmm what next?
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:24 am Reply with quote
A lot of the character designs really remind me of Amagami SS up close, I mean it wall really bugging me. I checked the encyclopedia to see if it was the same animation production, but apparently the studio has only dealt Oreimo and Haganai, but I did not get a feeling like those. The only thing I can tie between the two is the same studio worked on background art.

Episode 3
Did I miss something, when in the world did Yuuki spoiler[get on such friendly terms with Satsuki? Enough to go over her place and eat, joke about dating, and hug. I thought that they had just about met, but she was talking about eating his food two weeks ago. *looks over scene* Oh my bad, it was actually the teacher, okay that puts things into perspective, and explains the bit about the drinking bit.] The characters look a bit too similar when she was out of her teacher garb, I probably needed to focus more on the different voice actors, slight change in hair style. That is why we need people with blue or pink hair in anime.

I enjoy BL jokes and all, but the yaoi stick thing is wearing me away, hearing or seeing that word is getting to me.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:32 pm Reply with quote
The teacher must have comforted him over something in the past forspoiler[them to be this close. Some people even commented by saying that the teacher is his mother and the reason she couldn't be a president in high school was because she got pregnant with him. But I don't think thats possible as she seems way to young. Not to mention the fact that he likes the Satsuki, which would be the equivalent of liking your aunt if the teacher was really his mom. ] That hug must have been nice Twisted Evil .
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:34 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
A lot of the character designs really remind me of Amagami SS up close.

Hmm, that's also the same feeling that I got when I watched the latest episode especially Satsuki Shinonome.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
superdry

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:45 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
A lot of the character designs really remind me of Amagami SS up close, I mean it wall really bugging me. I checked the encyclopedia to see if it was the same animation production, but apparently the studio has only dealt Oreimo and Haganai, but I did not get a feeling like those. The only thing I can tie between the two is the same studio worked on background art.

The two shows share the same character designer.

Quote:

The characters look a bit too similar when she was out of her teacher garb, I probably needed to focus more on the different voice actors, slight change in hair style. That is why we need people with blue or pink hair in anime.

Satsuki and Hazuki are sisters. It does look like the two did take most of their facial characteristics from one of the parents.
dtm42

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:45 am Reply with quote
The hug at the end of episode three intrigues me. Kind of dark for a show like this, although I haven't forgotten the start of episode one with the hit-and-run.

superdry wrote:
Satsuki and Hazuki are sisters. It does look like the two did take most of their facial characteristics from one of the parents.

They're half-sisters who share the same father but not the same mother. Hence, their shared looks must have come from him.
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:41 pm Reply with quote
I'm just curious as to why Yuuki lied about where he was when replying to the text Chisato sent him while eating dinner with the teacher
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:54 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
I'm just curious as to why Yuuki lied about where he was when replying to the text Chisato sent him while eating dinner with the teacher

Well he knows her pretty well, so he knows she will get jealous and angry at him. Notice how she reacted when he was seen talking with the president.
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:44 am Reply with quote
WhiteHairGirls wrote:
getchman wrote:

Well he knows her pretty well, so he knows she will get jealous and angry at him. Notice how she reacted when he was seen talking with the president.

ok, good point
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:28 am Reply with quote
The contrasting tones of this show are starting to irritate me. I'm down with the goofy, silly humour and I don't mind the way the realistic approach to campaigning is a primer/satire of how politics operates, but then when you throw in this spoiler[manipulative bullying bullshit,] it throws off the mood. It feels like something out of a different show. I hate being immersed in spoiler[light frivolity and then suddenly being made to feel angry about a female student getting bullied in a really effing shitty way.] I just don't know what to make of this series. I'm not sure it knows what it wants to be.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:50 am Reply with quote
Oojima officially on the running-for-president board.
spoiler[Aomi & her problem. She's one weird girl ^^"
Oojima became enchanted by her smell instead of worrying about campaign finances.]

Looks like they just found the first serious obstacle on their political road.
spoiler[That baazar, some candidates are exactly that just to be able to sell stuff.
Campaign goods they decided to use were pretty interesting.
Shinonome sure knows how to deal with student affairs.
Her manifest seems to be a good thing for student equality.
This way Aomi and others like her wouldn't be bullied.]
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:25 am Reply with quote
so this week ep race for president still going seeing many faces running on it.

spoiler[
tomoya 2.0 meet ladder oh help a girl & smell good.
plans idea for election for money to raise after many hmm go with yaoi bars?!
of course get it re-cover & safe take a lot of work.
tomoya 2.0 see Shinonome vs air sumo club yea total air they are.
then isara still fixing til "oh no" a bunch of HO-SKI bullies.
after day works tomoya 2.0 & rest walking home see isara in the area ask what happen?
back in school isara still in pain from those HO-SKI bullies after did to her.
yea they rip & throw her undies yea so UNCALLED for to do cue light blub break.
]

to be continued...
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:18 am Reply with quote
Actually, no, a candidate for office doesn't just tell someone to go read her platform, she gives a ten-second summary first.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:24 am Reply with quote
Episode 4

Sometimes this show is like that one bread show last season, other times it goes full serious, and almost dark, it is like they can not decide what they want to do. I am not to the point that I am annoyed, but it can be a little confusing, well the very first scene showed that it was not going to be all magical bats helping to make ice-cream, but so many mixed messages.

To be honest I actually figured out before that Shinonome was planning on spoiler[helping the students in financial help, since they mentioned that they can not join clubs. Actually it seems that the school is set up in other ways like a Government, the students must have decided not to let the scholarship students not join, probably from some sort of idea that they do not pay the school's "tax". Kind of goes into that whole free medicare debate in real life.]

Even feels like a harem at times, but something does not feel right.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6