• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Dream Mismatch

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cain Highwind

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:29 pm Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
Cain Highwind wrote:
Anything else? Just ask Very Happy

Nope, I think that about covers it. Sounds like the only thing I'm going to be missing from DM is the anime opening, but that's why I still keep my DC hooked up. Very Happy

Thanks a lot!

Emerje

The Anime opening and ALL the artwork from past versions (even the crazy "fan-art" from the PS1 Port) are unlockable and can be viewed in the Gallery.

AH! That reminds me, I need to try and unlock that so I can see whether it's the Japanese original or the SLIGHTLY censored American version.
ParagonDoD

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:52 pm Reply with quote
Forgettable? Ys 6 was the first good one and set the stage for the next two Ys games (also good)! Even the remake of Ys 3 was in the Ys 6 engine! For shame.
Super_Vegeta

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:08 pm Reply with quote
Kyogissun wrote:
My big upcoming release definitely is Rune Factory Frontier.

Grats to XSEED and showing they can surpass Natsume and get games out faster. Now that this is done though...

Promise me we'll get a Muramasa release date soon. <3

Agreed and Agreed.

I'm looking forward to Rune Factory frontier, because I was a huge fan of the first Rune Factory game, despite the fact that I only found the Harvest Moon games mildly interesting. I also have the follow-up DS Rune Factory, however, I've been bogged down by school, hobbies, and other games, so its going slowly.

Also Murasama Demon Blade certainly look spromising, hopefully it can live up to Odin Sphere.
sfried

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:21 pm Reply with quote
Elves wrote:
I just wish that all of these great looking RPGs were all on one system again. (Like how in this last generation of consoles if you wanted RPGs you bought a PS2, no questions asked).
They are all in one system...Nintendo DS!
Henry Jones

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:23 pm Reply with quote
BleuVII wrote:
Quote:
Now he's preparing an all-new Pac-Man game to be released when Pac-Man turns 30 years old in 2010. Will it be something unique and groundbreaking, like the underrated Pac-Man 2: The New Adventures, or just another maze-based 3-D Pac-Man?

I suspect the survival horror genre.

Pac-Man gets a letter from Ms. Pac-Man to go to their special place. Only Ms. Pac-Man is....... but never mind.

So many games to come out, so little money. On top of RE 5, I'm a Suikoden fan, recently got into Vakyrie Profile, and I use Harvest Moon games when I need to relax or have a CD I want to listen to (Since the music for Harvest Moon is tedious at best and the sound is nothing to write home about). It's like fishing for days like today where it's 1 degree out and there's no way I'm going outside unless I have to. Too bad the 10th Anniversary games all were disappointing in some way (Island of Happiness' interface and shipping were clunky and slow, Tree of Tranquility's loading times brought everything down, and Rune Factory 2 was missing the first one's gameplay balance, which made the extended days pointless and endless). Maybe Frontier will fix some things. Somehow I don't think so, but we can hope.

Anyway, looks like I'm going to have to go through Internet material with a fine-tooth comb to figure out what games I can make fit into my budget. It never ends....

EDIT: Oops, put in an extra word.

Last edited by Henry Jones on Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Y10NRDY

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:14 pm Reply with quote
holy crap theres a lot of good games coming out this week! now if only i could afford them. CURSES! Confused
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2