• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Inuyasha: The Final Act to Debut in Asia on October 10

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darksharingan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:56 pm Reply with quote
MANGA SPOILER ALERT!!

Come on, even with filler moments the series still would have needed 100+ episodes to complete what they have.

Look at ALL that happened,

spoiler[Tensaiga's history revealed
New technique added to Tetsaiga
New technique added to Tensaiga
Miroku's curse gets worse and more dangerous
Koga's shards are taken away and leaves
Kikyo dies
Kagura dies
Hakudoshi dies
Moriyomaru dies
Byakuya is born
The final battle]

And ALL the events that led to them, how can only 26 episodes cover it?

Last edited by darksharingan on Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
vulcanraven01

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:21 pm Reply with quote
I haven't seen an official announcement anywhere confirming the length of the show, so 26 eps is news to me.
If that does hold to be true though, it'll be a real waste as they could probably shoot for 51 eps without any filler. 26 will just feel so rushed and leaves lots of content out, leading to a disaster for a show that has got to prove itself and win fans back.
Starks

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:41 pm Reply with quote
The series length being 26 episodes was rumored since July.
Kyogissun

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:44 pm Reply with quote
darksharingan wrote:
MANGA SPOILER ALERT!!

Come on, even with filler moments the series still would have needed 100+ episodes to complete what they have.

Look at ALL that happened,

spoiler[Tensaiga's history revealed
New technique added to Tetsaiga
New technique added to Tensaiga
Miroku's curse gets worse and more dangerous
Koga's shards are taken away and leaves
Kikyo dies
Kagura dies
Hakudoshi dies
Moriyomaru dies
Byakuya is born
The final battle]

And ALL the events that led to them, how can only 26 episodes cover it?

USE SPOILER TAGS FOR GODS SAKE.

WOULD SOME MOD PLEASE EDIT HIS POST?

Anyways, even on summaries of the chapters alone, I could tell the series needs a little more than freaking 26 episodes. Granted some things are unimportant (And I still believe that it could have been capable of endings much earlier on, though I don't care at this point) it's like, 'Well why screw around with it now? We're at fault for the anime having so much filler, we should make up for it by 30-40 episodes of non-stop canon episodes.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:47 pm Reply with quote
Why are you Inuyasha fans whining?

You're getting a whole nother farking series.

Think about all the anime that just abruptly ended and up-till-now there is no word about completing it. Think about Beck, Kare Kano, Berserk, etc.

Stop being such spoiled babies, sheesh.
mrboldy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:55 pm Reply with quote
I hope the ending is the same as the manga. It was a really sweet ending!! Razz
darksharingan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:10 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:

Think about all the anime that just abruptly ended and up-till-now there is no word about completing it. Think about Beck, Kare Kano, Berserk, etc.

Oh shut up, unlike you, we don't accept ANYTHING! As fans we have standards and expectations that need to either be met or surpassed, otherwise, any changes need to be justified and in this case, if 26 episodes is all they're making then it has it's drawbacks that far exceed anything good.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:18 pm Reply with quote
darksharingan wrote:
Megiddo wrote:

Oh shut up, unlike you, we don't accept ANYTHING! As fans we have standards and expectations that need to either be met or surpassed, otherwise, any changes need to be justified and in this case, if 26 episodes is all they're making then it has it's drawbacks that far exceed anything good.
That's a mighty big mouth full about something no one has seen yet. Don't ya think ya should see it first, before crucifying it before hand?
Kaioshin_Sama

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:02 pm Reply with quote
darksharingan wrote:
Megiddo wrote:

That has to be one of the strangest most double take inducing pre-judgements of a show I've ever seen, and believe me I've seen a lot of em'. Cool
Kid Ryan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:25 pm Reply with quote
Please let the 26 episodes be a typo.....
zanarkand princess

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:40 pm Reply with quote
darksharingan wrote:
Megiddo wrote:

This doesn't even really make sense

26 eps could work. Every little thing doesn't have to be in it, just the important stuff.
Daimao Raki

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:44 pm Reply with quote
herbkir wrote:
I don't see Viz's decision to sell Disney the TV license for Naruto Shippuden as predictive of where the new IY will show on U.S. television. The new Naruto series takes dead aim at the upper elementary and junior high boys Disney X-D is courting and basically tells a much simpler story that's easier to connect with.
I really don't see how Inuyasha is more complicated than Naruto Shippuden. Same type story with a few minor differences.

Personally, I don't see how you can compile over 200 pages of manga into 26 episodes. This has to be the first season or something.
rinkwolf10

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:56 pm Reply with quote
Lets keep in mind that Sunrise isn't Kadokawa and only Kadokawa would pull a stunt like a 5 year wait and only a 26 episode show.
I mean why wait till the the manga ends to continue the anime if you're not going to fallow the manga?
I will go with the suggestion that this is the first of many episode to come. Also, it is a direct continuation and the same people are involved in this second season as the first, so why do things differently? I mean, they should and I hope they will just continue the story in the same lengthy manner that they have been doing things in the first season.
I think that the producers want to continue the story as smoothly as possible, so it seems like they never stopped at 167 episode. However, the only way I can see a smooth transition between seasons is to make the second season at least 100 episode long. But that's my own opinion.
daedelus

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:07 pm Reply with quote
Rinkwolf wrote:
Lets keep in mind that Sunrise isn't Kadokawa and only Kadokawa would pull a stunt like a 5 year wait and only a 26 episode show.
I mean why wait till the the manga ends to continue the anime if you're not going to fallow the manga?
I will go with the suggestion that this is the first of many episode to come. Also, it is a direct continuation and the same people are involved in this second season as the first, so why do things differently? I mean, they should and I hope they will just continue the story in the same lengthy manner that they have been doing things in the first season.
I think that the producers want to continue the story as smoothly as possible, so it seems like they never stopped at 167 episode. However, the only way I can see a smooth transition between seasons is to make the second season at least 100 episode long. But that's my own opinion.

Just to clarify. There were actually seven seasons in the first run, so technically, this new set could be considered season eight.

It may be wishful thinking on my part, but I didn't see anywhere that it would be only 26 episodes. Hopefully they mean the next 26 episodes, or next season. I guess time will tell.
loka

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:09 am Reply with quote
with the chapter count according to Kougeru, allotting an average of 5 minutes per chapter would result in about 48 episodes. Some chapters don't need 5 minutes, but it does seem that you'd have to cut an awful lot of chapters to get down to 26 episodes...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4