• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Naruto to Run Uncut on Adult Swim's Toonami Block

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Animeking1108

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:26 pm Reply with quote
Hopefully, they'll skip the fillers.
sainta

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:32 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
DeMarco emphasized that Disney still has the rights to the follow-up series Naruto Shippūden.

Shippuden has been censored by Disney in the worst ways. Not only the blood was removed, but even the sound of a sword piercing somebody was removed (by the way, it did not actually cut a person). Then in a fight they edited the scene in which Sakura is impaled by Sasori so poorly that it makes no sense what happened. Wonder what will happen to Shippuden especially considering the Sasuke vs Itachi had a lot of blood.
Agent355

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:44 pm Reply with quote
Well, this'll last them a while, I guess.

Their budget must be pretty low if they can't even get a "new" (as in, never aired on U.S. TV) anime at 12:30. Sad (like Inuyasha: The Final Act, which would have gone so well with their original Inuyasha reruns).
MasterKingJC

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:49 pm Reply with quote
Well, it was only a matter of time.
pakli1988

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:54 pm Reply with quote
Naruto is returning to Toonami, but the adult viewers' are going to be very excited for this.
bleachj0j

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:03 pm Reply with quote
sainta wrote:
Quote:
DeMarco emphasized that Disney still has the rights to the follow-up series Naruto Shippūden.

Shippuden has been censored by Disney in the worst ways. Not only the blood was removed, but even the sound of a sword piercing somebody was removed (by the way, it did not actually cut a person). Then in a fight they edited the scene in which Sakura is impaled by Sasori so poorly that it makes no sense what happened. Wonder what will happen to Shippuden especially considering the Sasuke vs Itachi had a lot of blood.

They're not even airing it anymore
sainta

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:05 pm Reply with quote
Animeking1108 wrote:
Hopefully, they'll skip the fillers.

Even Japan did it when rereleasing the TV series in three DVD boxes. It only got to episode 135.
KabaKabaFruit

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:14 pm Reply with quote
And yet, One Piece can't get an uncut run... Confused
rinmackie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:22 pm Reply with quote
KabaKabaFruit wrote:

One Piece, along with Naruto and I believe, Shippudan is running uncut on Neon Alley. I watched a few episodes of Naruto back in the day but lost interest. I might give it another shot, since I'll be watching Bleach (which I like better) beforehand.
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:23 pm Reply with quote
I'm all for new content and I think it would help but screw it. Naruto is what really made me a hardcore anime fan so I'm glad they've got it. Plus, they're approaching near critical levels of shonen madness. Current lineup includes:

Bleach, Naruto, Inuyasha, FMA:B, Thundercats... if they could somehow pull the old X-Men cartoon, DBZ, and reruns of Clone Wars and Justice League then they'd have like this ultimate block of yelling, kicking, screaming, and punching for boys.

Last edited by Mr. sickVisionz on Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
mdo7

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:23 pm Reply with quote
KabaKabaFruit wrote:

Hey keep your hopes up, anything possible. Nobody would've predicted Naruto would've shown on TV uncut until now. Very Happy

Who knows maybe at some point, Funimation may decide to give One Piece a uncut broadcast if they ever consider it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
WeirDiE_InC

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:25 pm Reply with quote
Agent355 wrote:
Their budget must be pretty low if they can't even get a "new" (as in, never aired on U.S. TV) anime at 12:30. Sad

The fact of the matter is that the 6 people involve with the new Toonami are really doing it out of love.
shukero

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:40 pm Reply with quote
potatochobit wrote:
how much did they cut the first time?....

They had to cut out a lot actually. Everything from all blood, to negi's swastika birth mark, ect, ect.

Anything that you wouldn't find in a G movie had to be taken out. I also believe that some fight scenes we re-cut so they wouldn't be as long or as violent as they originally were in the Japanese version / DVD uncut version.

Anyways let me put my two cents in: This is good news for cartoon network, but IF ONLY it had subtitles and IF ONLY it was on when new fans would want to watch it Razz

I wouldn't call myself a sub lover, as I like some dubs out there; ROD, FMA, Hellsing, etc. but Naruto has to be up there in the horrible dub department.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
penguintruth

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:43 pm Reply with quote
Toonami: We didn't stop caring, we never started!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
AilisKnil

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:44 pm Reply with quote
I would consider actually giving it a chance but there's no way I'm going near this show's dub.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8