• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix Slated for March 14 in Japan

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Juno016

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:26 pm Reply with quote
Dessa wrote:
It is worth pointing out, that SE has released a re-release for the PS3: Star Ocean - The Last Hope International. Given that the PS3 is region-free, and there are rumors that this will have English-language menus, there's not really anything that would need to be done other than packaging to release it in the US.

The game will be completely in Japanese. Any "English menus" that appear are going to be the same English menus that appeared in every Japanese KH game to date (there are enough to be noticeable, but they are far from dominating). Otherwise, you'll see a lot of convenient katakana for menus and magic and such, but the game itself will be completely Japanese. If they release it in the West, they won't need to do any voice acting or anything, at least, but they will need to make a few adjustments from the original localization to fit the new content.
mdo7

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:40 pm Reply with quote
Mr Big200 wrote:
mdo7 wrote:
CrownKlown wrote:
Why? How about KH 3? Plus this will never come to the US, so I am even less interested.

How do you know this will not come to US? Do you work for Square Enix?

A lot of KH games came out in the US, I don't see this being any different.

mostly because the KH Final mixes form the PS2 never came out here in the US as well plus Sqare Enix says so

Did you forget that Kingdom Hearts is popular in US also because it has DISNEY CHARACTERS in it!!! Also the final mixes are international version, these version don't come out in US because those are marketed in Japan. The only exception is Star Ocean: The last Hope PS3 version which is the international version came out in the US, Japan, and Europe at the same time.

As one person, it would be stupid for SE USA to not release this game.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Sakurazuka_Reika

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:18 am Reply with quote
I don't know why but I was always under the impression that they are re-releasing these games so they will be able to gather a fresh fan base for when they release KH3.

If that is the case, it would be stupid of them not to release the game outside of Japan.

Fingers crossed for a European release. Also, Japanese audio would be an awesome plus >,<

Hmm, the holidays have made me greedy....
Sakurazuka_Reika

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:18 am Reply with quote
I don't know why but I was always under the impression that they are re-releasing these games so they will be able to gather a fresh fan base for when they release KH3.

If that is the case, it would be stupid of them not to release the game outside of Japan.

Fingers crossed for a European release. Also, Japanese audio would be an awesome plus >,<

Juno016

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:05 am Reply with quote
Sakurazuka_Reika wrote:

I'm highly doubtful of Japanese audio, as they've never kept it in before... but if you've played the game before, you already know everything. The PS3 is region free, so you can import the Japanese version and play that. I promise you--if you just study katakana (very simple Japanese that is used, in this case, only for the sake of pronouncing English words), you'll know all the magic and stuff. At least, by my experience of playing other Kingdom Hearts games in Japanese.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2