• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Senran Kagura (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:54 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Laughing No wonder he has his own portable sushi-making counter, eh?

I honestly think that's the best idea ever
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:50 pm Reply with quote
Episode 3
First half of the episode was okay although Ikaruga got her ass kicked quite a bit there. I also lol'd @ her trying to get her punishment because her code of honor. The punishment was....well a spoiler[massage] although I thought it was something else @ first Laughing

Also, I'm glad Asuka spoiler[finally killed her fear of frogs.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Papochulo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:11 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Eh, I liked it. It's cute and sexy. It's been a little while since I've seen a heavy fanservice/ecchi title that I really liked and this might be a candidate.

I like how all the shinobis have huge tits. It's that kind of attention to realistic detail that really sells the show.

So what? I prefer that than having having flat chest loli girls that are the nor in any series that has more than 3 girls in it.
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:55 pm Reply with quote
ep.3

spoiler[so ouju-ninja has battle with fancy dress crossbow give it was scouting spar to check them so after that ouju-ninja make it up give hanzo a massage.

more that ouju-ninja's brother is up to something want the sword but denied cause of father's order so flush the brother the drain with hanzo appear to tell him give up the sword & focus on family business.

training day give more workout ouju-ninja ask hanzo mention how asuka more feel leader type so then decide help asuka's frog probs to even get big rock for it.

which it help cause asuka leap save frog to show asuka now get along with frogs & rival school next plan on way (& next ep it's the beach time)]
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:56 pm Reply with quote
it's a shame Grandpa Hanzo has to go. He's the best character in the show so far
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:49 pm Reply with quote
From what I've read about "Senran Kagura,"it seems to be a cross between "Naruto" and "Charlie's Angels,"but devoid of the charm of both series. There doesn't seem to be a big villain or something to hold the audience's interest for too long,if you count the girls bouncing breasts as something interesting.
And while the huge rack on the girls may be interesting,the thing seems to lose the same interest after a while. To me,the show needs a lot more than girls with huge breasts beating the living daylights out of each other for no reason. It needs a plot or something else than the girl's large breasts.

With "Naruto,"you had a knuckleheaded ninja who wants to be the leader of his village. That and the other characters had personalities which made them interesting to watch. Same with "Charlie's Angels." It may seem like a typical detective series from the 1970's now,but it was controversial then for the lead characters' breasts bouncing all over the place. But,what is forgotten that the women also had personalities. You could see them as people and they had an actual script to work from,an actual story to tell.
"Senran Kagura" doesn't seem to have any of that. They don't really seem to have any real characteristics or personalities for the girls or anything like that. They just seem to be a bunch of girls with large breasts beating up on each other. I don't know if I want to watch this sort of series. If it had an overarching plot or story to go with the girls with large racks and if said girls had anything interesting as characters or had any personalities that made them feel like real characters instead of just objects to ogle.

If this show had something more than what I've been reading about,than it might be a good show,but right now,this show doesn't really interest me at all.
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:56 pm Reply with quote
well, watch at least the first episode and see if you like it. by the end of it, you will pretty much know what it's about
casualfan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:37 pm Reply with quote
Snomaster1 wrote:
From what I've read about "Senran Kagura,"it seems to be a cross between "Naruto" and "Charlie's Angels,"but devoid of the charm of both series. There doesn't seem to be a big villain or something to hold the audience's interest for too long,if you count the girls bouncing breasts as something interesting.
And while the huge rack on the girls may be interesting,the thing seems to lose the same interest after a while. To me,the show needs a lot more than girls with huge breasts beating the living daylights out of each other for no reason. It needs a plot or something else than the girl's large breasts.

With "Naruto,"you had a knuckleheaded ninja who wants to be the leader of his village. That and the other characters had personalities which made them interesting to watch. Same with "Charlie's Angels." It may seem like a typical detective series from the 1970's now,but it was controversial then for the lead characters' breasts bouncing all over the place. But,what is forgotten that the women also had personalities. You could see them as people and they had an actual script to work from,an actual story to tell.
"Senran Kagura" doesn't seem to have any of that. They don't really seem to have any real characteristics or personalities for the girls or anything like that. They just seem to be a bunch of girls with large breasts beating up on each other. I don't know if I want to watch this sort of series. If it had an overarching plot or story to go with the girls with large racks and if said girls had anything interesting as characters or had any personalities that made them feel like real characters instead of just objects to ogle.

If this show had something more than what I've been reading about,than it might be a good show,but right now,this show doesn't really interest me at all.

lol how do Naruto or Charlie's Angels have any real script or characters? Naruto is just a shonen DBZ formula in ninja style, and Charlie's Angels is just Hollywood cash-ins with popular celebrities. None of them have any depth to speak of.

At least Senran Kagura is fun and enjoyable. It doesn't need any pretentious script or characters. It's goal is just a fun show with fanservice and it does its job well.
KLAC

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:54 am Reply with quote
ep.4

spoiler[so now main 5 ninja arrive in island for training with involve clean the house , eye patch own'd smoke master in fishing, to pillow fight, & oh flower eye ask smoke master about a super ninja?

so now prepare for MORTAL KOMBAT training with less clothes more power to battle & now beach relax time.

til blonde doobi grab got sneak but green sword licker, flower eye got chased by a lolita girl with eye patch til rescue, & smoke master seem something from his past is watching him.

but it was scouting watch fight so fall back inculdd whole mini jet fly on lolita girl & green lack of fight with all thing happening indeed main 5 girl ninja are being scouting by rival ninja group & mystery female glasses.]
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:21 pm Reply with quote
Episode 4
I'm glad to see some of the main antagonists make more screen time this episode tbh especially spoiler[Mirai. Such a peculiar girl with that eye patch and mini jet. At any rate, I think the Yagyu did an okay job in protecting Hibari this episode.] I hope they get a rematch in the future soon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:22 pm Reply with quote
I'm fairly certain Yu Kobayashi is one of the reasons I like this show. The crazy outfits they fight in, the even crazier stunts they pull, like pulling aspoiler[ mini jet fighter from apparently out of hammer space], and of course BOOBS would be the other reasons. Thus, this was a fun episode.
KLAC

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:35 am Reply with quote
ep.5

spoiler[well give bit showing rival school look like from training to bath & oh rival 5 got orders to do something which sneak into hanzou acadamy.

main 5 on some training & give blonde doobi grab's past give her parents are runaways that got blonde doobi want to workd to get famliy's honon restore & comeback.

rival 5 plan is set from divide & conquer from leaving main 5's teacher outside to place each of main 5 in different area of battle zone.

ojou ninja vs fancy green string girl, yagyuu vs mirai give got ignore & find flower eyes, blonde doobi vs snake eyes female, asuka vs homura yea reveal twist on it, & flower eyes vs puppet master.
]
Surrender Artist

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:57 pm Reply with quote
I'm actually watching this show! I don't know why or have a good reason.

Shut up!

I can't possibly have much to say and saying anything about Senran Kagura almost seems like missing the point, but please, suffer me a few paragraphs.

The kooky thing is that this show is so dumb that it's actually a little disarming and even funny, although I suspect not quite as designed, in my case.

Still, it's not really that satisfying; it doesn't have the budget or patience. The combat scenes cheat on actual animation like a drummer in New Orleans on Mardi Gras and its efforts at giving its case a little depth ain't got no swing. In the most recent episode they tried to give us a taste of a tragedy that defines one of the cast's motivations, but they just sort of arbitrarily threw her into a flashback, gave us the bad thing with no context and mostly through narration. That's not compelling drama folks.

I guess part of my trouble is that I can't figure out what this is. Is it a show with jokes? Is the show a joke? Did anybody think about that.

No, wait, it's boobs. I should create my own personal animation block with this and Vivired Operation. I've already got a theme song!

There are a few things that I can't figure out about the boobs.
1. Do they have flubber implants? That's the only way I can figure to explain the size and the movement, which doesn't follow the characteristics of how breasts move as I otherwise understand it. Then again, I'm been shirking my manly duties of leering and groping, so my observational evidence is limited.

2. Are they actually prototype gynoids with rubber or plastic skin, hence the remarkable sheen that their bodies evidence. Or maybe those are cigarette burns. Perhaps its mutated sweat glands.

3. If not flubber, those little pellets in bean bags? From all of the fondling, I gather that they lack some of the physical integrity and resistance that one might expect.

Of course there's the curious lack of nipples, but I'm not going to bothered about the absence of any of the calling cards of actual sexuality in a show like this.

The greatest quandary, however, is just what good and evil ninja are. It seems like it should be obvious enough, but there's that one evil ninja who hemms and hawws about the cost of nutritious vegetables to the poor. Isn't caring for the poor a good trait? Are we to take 'good' and 'evil' as by now calcified designations unrelated to morality. Perhaps the series is stumping for an unpleasant kind of authoritarian conservatism.

No, nope, no, I'm not going to go on trying to impute moral complexity onto Senran Kagura.

That girl is kind of boring, though. Is she evil because she's boring?

Nevermind, lets just boobs.

Thank you for humoring me, now I'll be going. You won't have Dick Nixon to kick around anymore! (But if you don't, you might be missing the point)
casualfan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:00 am Reply with quote
Since when does anime need to have deep sophisticated storytelling? DBZ, Naruto, Bleach don't need one to be entertaining. It's just instead of muscley dudes/ninja/samurai, you have sexy anime girls. So if you're offended with fanservice, don't watch the show.
Polycell

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:39 am Reply with quote
@SA: The impression I've gotten is that she's poor, so the rising price of bean sprouts impacts her directly, whereas the cost of rich people food was always beyond her.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5