• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Capcom Producer: Resident Evil Reboot Is Possible

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:09 pm Reply with quote
KentaMaeba wrote:

However, looking at how badly RE6 did, I'm all for it. It's better than cleaning up that trainwreck.

You REALLY need to reconsider that little opinion there. RE 4, 5 ,and now 6 have all done quite well actually. RE 6 frm the reviews I've seen has also gotten much more praise than 5 did for getting back to it's creepier roots somewhat. Regardless of that the recent ones, including 6, have done well and have not been train wrecks at all. If you meant in terms of gameplay I again call foul. The only RE train wrecks are the god awful offshoot games. And of course the plots of the live action movies but even those keep making more money than the last so despite shitty stories you can't even say those movies are train wrecks.
Polycell

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:15 pm Reply with quote
I wouldn't say selling well is an argument against something being a trainwreck - not when forty thousand people have shown up for a real one.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:38 pm Reply with quote
Polycell wrote:
I wouldn't say selling well is an argument against something being a trainwreck - not when forty thousand people have shown up for a real one.

As I said above
Quote:
If you meant in terms of gameplay I again call foul.
so I was not solely talking about the gross income. I guess you missed that part.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2