• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Bodacious Space Pirates Blu-Ray 2

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scherzo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:20 am Reply with quote
I felt the review was way too kind on Sentai's dub. I tried watching a bit of it, but the utter lack of enthusiasm was so grating that I switched to Crunchyroll's stream. The art of dubbing has come a long way, but this one felt like it would've been an 'alright' dub 15 years ago.
RGaspar

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:00 am Reply with quote
I liked this series and the review is pretty close to what I've thought about it.

While the middle arcs put me to sleep, I totally dig the beginning and the end of the series. And the utter lack of in-your-face fan-service was refreshing.

Specially considering this is a show with a 90% female cast.

Sure, the plot wasn't all that big in the end, but at least I thought it was a fun ride. The whole two seasons could be seen as Marika's coming of age story.
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:06 pm Reply with quote
Am I hearing things or is Grunhilde addressing her sister as big brother in ep 19? It sound like she is addressing Gruier as onii-sama in the dub
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2