• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime News Nina! - 2011-03-02

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EricJ

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:16 am Reply with quote
Sailor S wrote:
There's seriously gonna be a Family Circus movie?

(slap) YES. REALLY.

Rolling Eyes

(Although they did get a couple of TV specials:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQyCvttUcMM )
Melanchthon

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:28 am Reply with quote
Family Circus is the reason why I don't get the newspaper anymore. It is so offensively bad it taints all that it comes into contact with. Now, The Nietzsche Family Circus, on the other hand, that's good stuff. I'd go see a movie about that.

/Last panel: Nina's face is a thing of beauty
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:35 am Reply with quote
Haha, Family Circus movie... that's a good one... nobody could be that stupid and try and make a movie out of it. That's like making a movie out of Garfield. Oh wait...
writerpatrick

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:42 am Reply with quote
Many papers have dropped the traditional comic strips like Family Circus and Garfield because it costs them too much for the rights. For the most part, those are becoming a thing of the past.

I could see them making a live-action Family Circus movie. It would probably be on the level of Air Bud and be nothing like the comic strip.
ZeroGee

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:51 am Reply with quote
MY GOD! Shocked lol
chefneer
Aria Company

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:30 am Reply with quote
I haven't read Family Circus in years, I always skip over it to the next strip in the 'Intellectual Enrichment' section. It always seems to be the same old thing, week after week after week... I hadn't heard about the movie - somehow that strikes me as being a new low for hollywood, I can't imagine it doing well.

Will the news elves team up to save the world from bad comics and worse movies? I can't wait to find out.
stuckinfresno

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:39 am Reply with quote
A Family Circus movie . . . really? *checks google*

The horror - the absolute horror. I think Seth has a right to be overly dramatic on this one. Because it's just. so. wrong.

But do you want to know what's really scary? There are a lot of people who really LIKE that this movie is coming (check deadline). Even with a panel comic of the kid naked "Because it's my birthday!" Where are the censors on that one?
Chrno2

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:52 am Reply with quote
Good one. I'll admit I never thought I'd see that the strip (I used to read it as a kid). It is so Americana it's not funny but a movie? OH LARD NO!!! America just running out of ideas for movies. Now they have to turn to the next media and just screw it up in the process.
doctordoom85

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:30 pm Reply with quote
This is insane, Family Circus is a masterpiece!

............but then again, my newspaper prints it right next to Marmaduke. And let's face it, anything, and I mean ANYTHING, looks like a masterpiece when it is standing next to Marmaduke. Laughing
enurtsol

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:35 pm Reply with quote
Chrno2 wrote:
Good one. I'll admit I never thought I'd see that the strip (I used to read it as a kid). It is so Americana it's not funny but a movie? OH LARD NO!!! America just running out of ideas for movies. Now they have to turn to the next media and just screw it up in the process.

How is it possible to screw it up?
jcaliff

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:46 pm Reply with quote
Scott Meets Family Circus
http://scottmeetsfamilycircus.tumblr.com/

He doesn't update as often as he used to, but I love his take. You should also check out Dean's Comics Booth (http://comicbooth.com/) (warning, some strips are NSFW) if you like Family Circus parodies.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
animefan1238

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:17 pm Reply with quote
Great strip. News elves are everywhere now.
MrTerrorist

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:31 pm Reply with quote
I might be the only one who has never heard of Family Circus.

Dilbert? Yes. Garfield? Yes. But Family Circus? Sorry, got no clue.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:06 pm Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
Chrno2 wrote:

How is it possible? Look what they did to Garfield. I could be wrong. I mean look at Denis the Menace, it worked somehow. Of course Popeye was the best. The only thing that can happen is they make it, families see it and then the film drops off the face of the Earth while ending up in grocery store bargain bin. Or they can get it right and it still be a bargain bin product.

Don't take my word for it I'm just generalizing what I have seen.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:13 pm Reply with quote
Chrno2 wrote:
enurtsol wrote:
Chrno2 wrote:

How is it possible? Look what they did to Garfield. I could be wrong. I mean look at Denis the Menace, it worked somehow. Of course Popeye was the best. The only thing that can happen is they make it, families see it and then the film drops off the face of the Earth while ending up in grocery store bargain bin. Or they can get it right and it still be a bargain bin product.

Don't take my word for it I'm just generalizing what I have seen.

I.e. If ya guys all hate it, how can they possibly make ya hate it more?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4