• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 5th Annual Seiyū Award Winners Announced

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kougeru

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:35 pm Reply with quote
"Synergy Award
Award for maximizing the appeal of voice-acting in a work as a whole
Detective Conan - Minami Takayama"

awesome! i listen to her voice several times a week via Two-Mix and she never gets old.

I also voted for Miyuki Sawashiro for overseas...glad she won that.

Kana Hanzawa honestly should've won something back in like 2007....I was always wondering back then why no one cared about here then Bakemonogatari comes along and now everyone cares about her...she's always had a great voice...shame it seems that everyone only watches the most popular shows so her roles before that seem to get forgotten and definitely went unnoticed. She's been around for over a decade so she can't win new VA award, but I do think she deserves something. Maybe they need a category for "most relaxing to listen to" lol. Teleport girl's [Railgun/index] VA will NOT win that one hahaha
opn

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:43 pm Reply with quote
im glad satomi won i love her wendy in fairy tail and with the recent episodes she deserves it so congrats to satomi and all the winners Very Happy
Splash

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:17 pm Reply with quote
Kana-chan... TwT;;;; *reaches for her*

Congrats to TakeJun for the Kids/Family award! Inazuma Eleven <3 <3 <3 ~~~~~~~

I really, really do wonder what in the blazes happened to the lead actor award this time though. It really doesn't smell right.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kaioshin_Sama

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:08 pm Reply with quote
Wow the industry is so desperately starved for male character roles that they couldn't even find a justifiable nomination for Best Male Actor. Can you imagine if the Oscar nominations came out and the Academy was having a meeting and the chairman was like, "Sorry ladies and gentlemen, it looks like Hollywood was too busy churning out token cheesecake roles for actresses to fill and there just weren't enough male characters in movies so we aren't having an award for Best Actor or Best Supporting Actor this year."

Absolutely positively brutal Japan. Like dear Christ......Shocked
egoist

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:43 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Wow the industry is so desperately starved for male character roles that they couldn't even find a justifiable nomination for Best Male Actor.

If Gintama weren't on a break... anyway, I thought the protagonist of Angel Beats! did perfectly fine in terms of voice acting.

Edit: Gintama, not Negima. Dear lord. Laughing Laughing

Last edited by egoist on Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
mantaray3001

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:22 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
I thought the protagonist of Angel Beats! did perfectly fine in terms of voice acting.

He did do a good job on Angel Beats, but he already won the award last year so I guess they didn't think it was fair for the same person to win it again.
toyNN

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:35 pm Reply with quote
I'm really glad for Satomi Satou, she is very deserving of a New Comer award.
Aki I do like but besides Yui from K-ON!! she only had small supporting roles the rest of the year. Getting the Best Actress award seems to be a stretch.

And yeah - how about Yoko Hikasa, she deserves some recognition too. Besides of course Mio, she really does most of the lead singing for K-ON!/Ho-Kogo Tea Time from Don't Say Lazy to No Thank You! - her voice is great. Plus she was the lead in Occult Academy this past summer too.

Juhachi wrote:
I agree with some of the results, but not the majority. How is it that Yui's and Ritsu's seiyu get awards, but Youko Hikasa (Mio) and Ayana Takeyatsu (Asuza) don't?.....
momogoldfish

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:58 pm Reply with quote
I read in the MyAnimeList forum (http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=287441&show=0) that agencies like Office Osawa, Sigma Seven and Haikyo are speculated to be refusing the awards which would kinda explain the dearth of candidates for best male actor.
If it is true then I don't think the seiyuu awards is something I'll look forward to from now on...

But really wished Hanazawa Kana, Namikawa Daisuke and Nakamura Yuuichi can get some recognition for their hard work. Especially Namikawa Daisuke, even though his recent anime outings tends to be mostly "variations on Italy's voice" but he does show a much greater voice range when he does Otome games.
ShinigamTakuto

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:06 pm Reply with quote
If any male were to win Best Actor it would be Hiro Shimono by default because he was in most of the anime in 2010.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2