• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll to Stream Meganebu, Galilei Donna, Walkure Romanze Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kyogissun

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:36 pm Reply with quote
TheAncientOne wrote:

Kyogissun wrote:
Oh hey, aside from those Aniplex acquisitions (Which lets face it, everyone knew they were happening) and Samurai Flamenco, we're 4 shows in of nothing worthwhile at the moment.

I seriously need something good CR. Kyousogiga, Ars Nova, Beyond the Border/Kyoukai no Kanata, Nagi no Asukara, Strike The Blood, Pupa, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, ANNOUNCE ONE OF THESE TOMORROW.

CR typically doesn't do announcements on weekends. The reason we got these 3 on Saturday is because they had a panel at Anime Weekend Atlanta.

The season doesn't really start in earnest until Wednesday, so they certainly still have time. Odds are the "big" titles will be in cooperation with Sentai, and those tend to be announced a bit close to the time of premier.

Regarding Pupa, I find it a bit disconcerting that the usual sources still list no specfic date for it, despite it being a fall series. Also, it is shown as premiering on Nico Nico, which unless it is followed with a later TV broadcast, could mean no simulcast this season (as series that stream on Nico Nico typically see no simulcast until aired on TV, often in the following season).

All the more reason for my confusion. Why they announce somewhat low audience interest titles at a convention is beyond me (Albeit they probably got those deals confirmed before anything else, this is what I HOPE is why they did that) instead of something big like one of the titles I mentioned above.

Sorry if I'm being a bit of a dick here but seriously, slice of life cute boys anime, 'meh' visual novel adaptation and another 'cute girls involved in some mysterious scenario' show?

To be fair, Galilei Donna DOES stand out amidst those announcements as the best one. Meganebu is about as significant as say, another season of Chu Bra or Haganai or Yuyushiki (I can dream) being announced. I'm not trying to crap on anime catered to different audiences, just get annoyed when the more 'fresh' shows, be they light novel/manga adaptations (Ars Nova, Beyond The Border), pilot/one shot turned full project shows (Kyousogiga) or new IP's from independent studios, (Nagi no Asukara) are delayed till the last of the announcements. Last I recall, one of the biggest expectations for the summer, Daybreak Illusion, was one of CR's earliest announcements in May IIRC.

Seriously just hoping for a big one announced tomorrow, if not multiple ones.

/end rambling and ranting
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2