• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Hideaki Anno Project in the Works

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JoshuaStChristopher

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 1:02 am Reply with quote
Someone_II wrote:
Am I the only person here who thinks that this could be related to the live action movies? (though it's just a theory)

If not, the it's undoubtedly a prequel or an alternate re-telling as the end (of the film) was as open as a slab of concret.

I think the Eva thing is probably just wishful thinking. As I said earlier, I looked up Khara, and it related to some epic Hindu story. Evangelion dealt with random Judeo-Christian symbolism.

Unless this is, like, some weird Eva-remake, but I don't see that happening.

Although I can state one thing as absolute fact: It will be really weird.
GATSU

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 1:25 am Reply with quote
So is this gonna be a worthless sequel like Clerks 2? Rolling Eyes
abdur1914

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 1:54 am Reply with quote
I just hope he does not let me down at the end like in the End of Evangelion Rolling Eyes But this is Anno we are talking about who knows whats gonna happen with this project Question
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:04 am Reply with quote
HitokiriShadow wrote:
Yeah, if this is false, guess what new question Zac can expect to hear as much as "When is Beserk Season 2 going to be made?"?

Oh yes you know that Answerman is definetly going to get some new question regarding this "new" anime.

Someone_II wrote:
Am I the only person here who thinks that this could be related to the live action movies? (though it's just a theory)

I hope your right about the movie....my only concern is the money raised yet? http://animenewsnetwork.com/article.php?id=7909 According to that it says that ADV has half of money needed, and that they are planning an 07 release.
Till next time,

Delta Kiral
Someone_II

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:23 am Reply with quote
Deltakiral wrote:

I hope your right about the movie....my only concern is the money raised yet? http://animenewsnetwork.com/article.php?id=7909 According to that it says that ADV has half of money needed, and that they are planning an 07 release.

Financally speaking I'm geussing that they're [currently] arround $80m/$100m-$120m
yeah...I think the movie is most likly to come out in '09, anything sooner will be either really low budget or a miricale on ADVs part.
All I know is thataccording to the Weta site they're no longer in pre-production cut have moved on the devolopment stages.
redline

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 6:45 am Reply with quote
Looks like we could be riding the coattails of another big one here folks. Just posted to www.animenewsservice.com :

8-8-06 (7:35AM EDT)---- "Extra Large" Evangelion Scoop In October Newtype

According to information published in the just released September, 2006 Japanese edition of Newtype Magazine, 10 years from the original series telecast their October issue will include an "extra large" scoop on Neon Genesis Evangelion. No details are given but in a teaser preview they ask readers the question "What starts happening?", and invites them to pick the next issue to find out.
bob_loblaw

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:44 am Reply with quote
Well, a new animated Evangelion project, whether it'd be a sequel/prequel/remake, would NOT surprise me at all. This is GAiNAX. They've been [over] milking the teet of Evangelion for years now. And, last I checked, 2015 is only nine years away. More than enough time to get a major, big-budget project completed, if they wanted to. I'm not saying they *are*, but now seems about as good a time to announce/tease/hint something.
appleturbo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:06 am Reply with quote
totally not interested in a new Eva

While I did enjoy the tv series the ending was so horrible (including the movie ending) that it completely killed the series for me.

Also I'm not looking forward to 8 different DVD versions of a 2nd TV series and a re-release SUPER PLATINUM ADIMANTIUM edition of the first series for those who missed it the first time around.
superdeformed

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 10:34 am Reply with quote
I am suprised that no one has speculated that they could be making a "Girlfriend of Steel" series or some crap.

The live action Eva movie will come out around the time the DBZ, Macross, and Battle Angel movies come out on successive weeks. Til then just keep holding your breath.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
chicogrande

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:37 am Reply with quote
It should be about Evangelion Unit 4 and NERV Second Branch in Nevada or it's somehow related to the live-action Evangelion movie.
irishninja

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:06 pm Reply with quote
I wouldn't mind a short (13-episode) series made from Girlfriend of Steel/Angelic Days. I'm not sure I'd want that to be the super-ginormous scoop that ANN mentions, though. And I'm also not sure I'd want Anno working on it. Wink

That said, more Eva (as long as it's well done) is a good thing. IMHO, of course. Smile
dposse

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 6:19 pm Reply with quote
No offense to ANN, but i think you jumped the shark on this one. There is no evidence that he is going to do a new Evangelion anime/film.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
superdeformed

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:42 pm Reply with quote
Maybe they are going to make a Nadia movie going deeper into the African story arc. hahaha
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
GATSU

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:43 pm Reply with quote
dposse: You mean jumped the gun. Jump the shark is when something starts to suck.
JoshuaStChristopher

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 10:08 pm Reply with quote
dposse wrote:
No offense to ANN, but i think you jumped the shark on this one. There is no evidence that he is going to do a new Evangelion anime/film.

Not really, he's working on *SOMETHING* new, and *THAT* is a big deal in the anime world. The Eva thing is just a simple rumour.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3