• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Adds We Without Wings – Under the Innocent Sky

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:14 pm Reply with quote
hunterLanda wrote:
Oh yeah, those titles are like 10'000 + billion times better and funnier than Panty and Stocking, in fact We Without Wings is actually better than PandS, at least those guys don't fight feces, vomit or booger monsters.

Wild prudish troll appeard!
DmonHiro threw a rock at it!

Anyway, weird choice for license but hey, the sooner they put themselves out of business, the better for me.
TG72

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:21 pm Reply with quote
puppy1843e wrote:
I can't say I'm excited for this. I wish funi picked up deadman wonderland or anohana those seem to be popular this season.

AMEN TO THAT!

They're not exactly lacking for fanservice shows. How about a
little variety, Funimation? Thank goodness for Sentai and Nozomi...
Mad_Scientist
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:21 pm Reply with quote
DmonHiro wrote:
hunterLanda wrote:
Oh yeah, those titles are like 10'000 + billion times better and funnier than Panty and Stocking, in fact We Without Wings is actually better than PandS, at least those guys don't fight feces, vomit or booger monsters.

He said that High School of the Dead and Mitsudomoe were good titles.

I don't think prudish is an accurate description of him.

Regarding the license Funimation just got, well, it certainly wouldn't be my pick for a new license, but I guess titles like this sell ok. I won't begrudge those who actually liked this series their chance to own it on DVD.
tsunayakuin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:22 pm Reply with quote
Hurrah more crap.
Good for fanserivce (if uncensored anyway) but for story flip no.
Hope Funi is looking to get Blood-C.
here-and-faraway

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:26 pm Reply with quote
hunterLanda wrote:
ninjapet wrote:
Not surprised Funimation has been getting more ecchi and comedy titles lately. Sadly none of the stuff they have been picking up is something I'm interest in.

Agree, they are going in the wrong direction with those trashy titles Sad

Sex sells. I'm not too interested in ecchi titles either, but if selling them helps front the money for riskier releases like Princess Jellyfish then so be it. Don't get me wrong, I would love to see edgier titles getting a physical release, but I also want to see Funimation stay in business. Since they keep releasing a lot of "boobie" shows, I'm guessing they pay the bills.
Apollo-kun

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:27 pm Reply with quote
Funny thing is, while fans with actual, I dunno, respect for their intelligence, think that these shows are crap (which they are), I know too many people who lap up this stuff like it's the best thing ever. I know somebody who thinks that Sora no Otoshimono is the funniest and most clever thing ever, yet thinks that all of the Tezuka manga I lend him is crap. The problem isn't with FUNimation licensing this tripe, it's with a lot of fans eating up said tripe. Funi is only licensing and giving DVD releases to what sells, while only giving internet streams to phenomenal shows such as "Rainbow - Nisha Rokubo no Shichinin". Every once in a while, we get an exception like "Eden of the East" or "Baccano", but those shows have wide appeal because of their multi-pronged attempt at attracting audiences.

But I'm not exactly complaining. These kind of annoying (in my opinion at least) shows bring in revenue for FUNI, which gives them more of an opportunity to at least get streaming rights for truly excellent titles. While I groan that people actually would WATCH what must be the five-millionth cleansed adaptation of an eroge, it gives much needed stimulation to the North American anime market.

On a happier note: EFF YES, Zebraman II! I'm uber-excited about this one!!!
Scormio

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:28 pm Reply with quote
Obviously, "these" types of series are selling well if Funi continues to license them. I'll watch the streams and probably buy it when it comes out physically, I tend to like series like this.
Hagaren Viper

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:30 pm Reply with quote
I've...never even heard of this show. Hope it at least does well for them, I guess, with any luck they will announce something a little more interesting during con season.
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:33 pm Reply with quote
Apollo-kun wrote:
Stuff

Sora no Otoshimono is actually really well made. Hell, I almost cried. Good charatcer, decent plot, great character development, decent visuals, good voice acting, asshole of a bad guy... what more do you want?
hunterLanda

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:37 pm Reply with quote
Mad_Scientist wrote:
DmonHiro wrote:
hunterLanda wrote:

He said that High School of the Dead and Mitsudomoe were good titles.

I don't think prudish is an accurate description of him.

Regarding the license Funimation just got, well, it certainly wouldn't be my pick for a new license, but I guess titles like this sell ok. I won't begrudge those who actually liked this series their chance to own it on DVD.

well you know me.
Dagon123

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:42 pm Reply with quote
DmonHiro wrote:

Anyway, weird choice for license but hey, the sooner they put themselves out of business, the better for me.

This person deserves a drink on the house
hunterLanda

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:42 pm Reply with quote
DmonHiro wrote:
hunterLanda wrote:

It's very funny that someone insulting others is so obviously not a prudish troll. LOL
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:53 pm Reply with quote
hunterLanda wrote:

What makes fighting feces and vomit lesser than a nurse dropping piss in her eyes and people in a snow fight with piss snowballs?
hunterLanda

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:57 pm Reply with quote
Mr. sickVisionz wrote:
hunterLanda wrote:

What makes fighting feces and vomit lesser than a nurse dropping piss in her eyes and people in a snow fight with piss snowballs?

That fact that it's funnier and less revolting than PandS.
redranger

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:57 pm Reply with quote
Instead of licensing more garbage why doesn't Funi release what they already have instead of taking 2 years for a release? Bunch of dickheads.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7