• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Nerd Tour Japan 2014: Days Seven and Eight

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:50 am Reply with quote
Thanks for sharing your experience! Japan might not be on the top of my list of places to visit but I definitely would like to go at some point. And if I do, a tour like this sounds right up my alley - I get bored with "relaxing" vacations pretty fast Razz
HeeroTX

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:09 am Reply with quote
willag wrote:
I am with Hope though, I love Fushimi Inari. The path with the torii gates is awesome and had I more time I would have liked to walk the entire path.

We went the full way up Mt. Inari. I wanted to check out the full path and see the whole thing. About 1/2 - 2/3rds of the way up my wife was sick of it, but insisted we finish it as some sort of act of defiance to the mountain. At the "top" there's a little sign saying you've made it to the top. My wife insisted that I get a picture of her flipping off that sign proving that she "beat" the mountain.
patrickdrazen

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:51 pm Reply with quote
I can't even begin to tell you what the pictures of the Tezuka Manga Museum were like. I started gathering copies of Tezuka manga years ago, and to scroll through now seeing all the old friends--Kimba, the Phoenix, Unico, Princess Sapphire, Atom, Black Jack... They really are like old friends to me now! Thanks for the photos!
bin1127

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 1:20 am Reply with quote
I would've thought for the final post they would upload at least a smiling selfie of the traveling duo. or maybe the tour group pic.

Too bad for all the rain but japan seems like an awesome place for shopping and sightseeing.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2