• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Puyo Plans to End The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan Manga in 3 More Volumes

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tenchi

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:34 am Reply with quote
I generally take The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan to take place in a completely separate universe from the alternate reality of The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya although it's not perfectly separate either as, even within the Nagato Yuki-chan universe, Haruhi seems to remember spoiler[Kyon helping her draw the "I am here" symbols three years prior in "Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody"].

Or at least that's the impression I get from the manga, to be honest, I'm only just now catching up on the anime so I don't know if they took her seemingly offhand remark about Kyon's forgetfulness out of the adaptation.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:52 am Reply with quote
Tenchi wrote:
I generally take The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan to take place in a completely separate universe from the alternate reality of The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya although it's not perfectly separate either as, even within the Nagato Yuki-chan universe, Haruhi seems to remember spoiler[Kyon helping her draw the "I am here" symbols three years prior in "Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody"].

Or at least that's the impression I get from the manga, to be honest, I'm only just now catching up on the anime so I don't know if they took her seemingly offhand remark about Kyon's forgetfulness out of the adaptation.

It's explained how that particular scene you mentioned fits in the anime. Episode #14 IIRC.
Ali07

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:05 am Reply with quote
Tenchi wrote:

Oh, there are definitely easter eggs in this manga/anime.

I honestly don't see how the original connects with the Yuki-chan universe.

I mean, what you have in spoilers is explained away, in the anime, by simply spoiler[showing that Kyon and Haruhi bumped into each other when they were both in middle school. He just happened to be passing by as she was jumping the fence.]

If I remember correctly, when it is referenced in the manga, there is a page (those ones where there's just a "sketch" image on it) that shows the back of a middle school Haruhi spoiler[standing next to a middle school Kyon...I assumed that as they're the same height]. Then, the anime seemed to agree with me. Laughing

Another example is Remote Island Syndrome. That gets referenced (around the same episode?), and spoiler[it happens "in the background". From what Koizumi says, no one from the main cast is involved, but Koizumi knows of the events that happen due to his cousin owning the island.] Kyon and Koizumi then laugh, as they spoiler[agree that it is something Haruhi would've loved to have been a part of].

SaiyamanMS wrote:
I love the series too, by "no real story here" I mean that the tweet was entirely mistranslated and there's no indication of the series ending, meaning that this isn't a news story at all.

Ah, I see what you mean. Had a look with Google Translate (wasn't the best), but it seems more like Puyo says, "The anime ended at volume 5 of the manga. There are 3 more volumes of manga out there for people to read, if you want to check out more."
rizuchan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:23 am Reply with quote
Hameyadea wrote:
Maybe a second anime season would cover the rest of the material?

I don't have any hatred for Yuki-chan but it would be pretty infuriating if we got a second season of it before Haruhi S3.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
SaiyamanMS

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:13 am Reply with quote
If we got a second season of Yuki-chan, considering where the manga left off, we'd have to be getting spoiler[Sasaki's] debut in the first episode. It'd be kinda weird having that before an animated version of The Dissociation of Haruhi Suzumiya.
pluvia33

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:21 am Reply with quote
If we don't get Haruhi S3, blame Tanigawa for not regularly writing the novels anymore. Season 3 is extremely unlikely without anything to promote. Yuki-chan, on the other hand, has three more volumes to promote, so if the first anime did alright then season two of that has a decent chance of happening.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2