• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Kinky Dolls Stolen from Japanese Sex Museum

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheFullmetalOne

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:58 pm Reply with quote
Seriously, do Japanese men really have such bad luck with women these days that they have to resort to THIS? Rolling Eyes
Lemonchest

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:18 pm Reply with quote
TheFullmetalOne wrote:
Seriously, do Japanese men really have such bad luck with women these days that they have to resort to THIS? Rolling Eyes

Want some fun? Watch the Guys & Dolls & My Fake Baby documentaries (both on youtube, I think). Some people just love dolls.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:23 pm Reply with quote
Fortunately, the Saber Marionettes are powerful enough to dispatch any intruder that dares to harm them in any way. Smile
Just-another-face

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:31 pm Reply with quote
TheFullmetalOne wrote:

They do this because they realize Japanese women in real life are nothing like the ones in anime and manga. So they resort to a method where the "woman" doesn't talk back and accepts whatever he plans to do to her.
Raebo101

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:49 pm Reply with quote
Just-another-face wrote:
TheFullmetalOne wrote:

They do this because they realize Japanese women in real life are nothing like the ones in anime and manga. So they resort to a method where the "woman" doesn't talk back and accepts whatever he plans to do to her.

That's just... SAD. Sad
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:01 pm Reply with quote
Just-another-face wrote:
TheFullmetalOne wrote:

If that truly is the case with most of the Japanese male population, then that is truly a sad world to live in. Sad
Polycell

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:36 pm Reply with quote
There's also a similar phenomenon in the west, albeit not anywhere near so bad. Economically speaking, relationships don't make much sense, so men start to avoid them, even avoiding casual hookups. Japan exacerbates the issue because it puts a lot more of the strain of marriage on the man, so the numbers become exaggerated.

Blaming it all on otaku is nothing more than a convenient excuse.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:19 pm Reply with quote
Raebo101 wrote:
That's just... SAD. Sad

Mr. Oshawott wrote:
If that truly is the case with most of the Japanese male population, then that is truly a sad world to live in. Sad

I think just-another-face was just ribbing a little on the oft stereotyped Japanese male obsession with certain anime girl tropes where they act all subservient and want to obey their "goshujin-sama" without question.
maoyen

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:57 pm Reply with quote
Cameras spotted the culprit.

Juno016

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:20 pm Reply with quote
Just-another-face wrote:
TheFullmetalOne wrote:

There are some out there that this may apply to simply because the option to think so it out there, but I live here in Japan and the implications are pretty clear. Less people are interested in marriage in general. Many are still interested in dating and are open for marriage, but they aren't thinking of marriage as some ultimate goal. A lot more guys seem to want to get married than girls where I am, but many hold back because it's just not financially in their favor. After marriage, the husband makes the money and the wife holds it. If he wants something beyond what she gives him out of his paycheck, he must ask her for the money. Now that women are allowed to go into paying jobs where men work, many do so and earn the money themselves, keeping it themselves. Children are less desirable for women now because when their duty to society (it's considered a "duty") is cleared free, they have a lot more freedom for themselves. Marriage is seen as a pathway to child-bearing. And those who don't go out and get jobs can leech off their parents because parents have a "duty" to provide for their daughter until she's married (this was more of a problem in the 90's, with the "parasite singles", though the numbers are diminishing as more and more parents are kicking their daughters--and sons--into gear). Pretty much, society is blaming a lot of things on why marriage isn't happening, but none of the reasons seem to be "because marriage is messed up." An advertisement on the train recently had a pregnant woman, happy, saying, "I've fulfilled my duty to society. What have you done?" and under it, "Stop the non-reproductive sleepovers!" --It was a government-sponsored ad. The government is trying to encourage people to settle down, get married, and have children because of the worrisome birthrate decline, but their methods are basically about shaming those who don't. Good job, government.

That's not to say no one is getting married or having children, or that people aren't happy doing so--it's still the normal thing in Japan. But more and more people are opting out. And anime, games, etc. are quite main-stream. You can bet that the correlation is no coincidence, but I'd hardly blame the cause on anime (etc.) itself.
Sparvid

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:41 am Reply with quote
Quote:
The museum closed on New Year's Eve and all the doors have been locked, so the culprit is suspected of owning a key.

Well, that sounds stupid. Even if the culprit doesn't have a direct connection to the museum and got hold of a key illegally, it still seems like helping the police to narrow down the search.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:05 am Reply with quote
Lemonchest wrote:
TheFullmetalOne wrote:

Want some fun? Watch the Guys & Dolls & My Fake Baby documentaries (both on youtube, I think). Some people just love dolls.

Emotional pictures show lonely man’s trips out with “love doll” daughter

Otaku’s mom finds out about his anime doll obsession, sews a set of Love Live! costumes for them

Just-another-face wrote:
TheFullmetalOne wrote:

They do this because they realize Japanese women in real life are nothing like the ones in anime and manga.

Japanese: Real women are biatches. Very Happy
Cyberphobe

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:47 am Reply with quote
AnimeAddict2014 wrote:
interesting how you censored the small picture on the front page.. but nothing in the article..

honeslty i couldn't see anything from the small picture anyway...

If you had stopped and used your brain for a moment you should have came to the conclusion that the reason the picture on the front page is censored is to not insult or disgust viewers who either can't or don't want to see nudity of any kind. The pictures in the article are not censored because if the viewer did click on the article it is reasonable to assume (especially after being warned there is NSFW material) that the viewer doesn't have a problem with nudity.
_Cyphon_

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:04 pm Reply with quote
Ok, you got me with the kinky part.

But seriously though I don't know what's so important about sex that you need an entire museum to educate people. That's the job for health class.
Lostlorn Forest

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:03 pm Reply with quote
Cyberphobe wrote:
AnimeAddict2014 wrote:
interesting how you censored the small picture on the front page.. but nothing in the article..

honeslty i couldn't see anything from the small picture anyway...

If you had stopped and used your brain for a moment you should have came to the conclusion that the reason the picture on the front page is censored is to not insult or disgust viewers who either can't or don't want to see nudity of any kind. The pictures in the article are not censored because if the viewer did click on the article it is reasonable to assume (especially after being warned there is NSFW material) that the viewer doesn't have a problem with nudity.

I swear, at least every other article there is someone trying to unnecessarily smear dirt on ANN.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4