• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation's Gen Fukunaga: Tokyo Ghoul Season 3 Set for 2016

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ThatGuyWhoLikesThings

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:44 pm Reply with quote
Jajanken wrote:
Exalted Incarnate wrote:
this season better be a continuing of season 1, because season 2 was messed up and not really apart of the original series. Anyways before moving on the creators need to fix season 2, I don't care if it would be exactly like the manga because if it doesn't follow the original story line it would not be Tokyo ghoul. Mad
And what was with the opening for season 2!? It is worth nothing compared to op 1. I judge the op based on both song and video and season 2 failed at both, I really hope season 3 is done by the band that did op 1, I actually don't mind if the creators kept the first op (unravel) throughout the entire series.

I have had enough of the censorships and scene cuts of blood and gore in anime, it is one the best aspects and yet it is utterly removed. I hope the same problem doesn't continue for future anime.

I hope you and everyone else know that SEASON 2 (ROOT A) IS LITERALLY THE EXACT SAME AS THE MANGA

Except it's not. The general structure of the story is more or less the same, but a lot of material is skipped, condensed, or changed.
kodim-sensei

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:44 pm Reply with quote
Jajanken wrote:
Exalted Incarnate wrote:
this season better be a continuing of season 1, because season 2 was messed up and not really apart of the original series. Anyways before moving on the creators need to fix season 2, I don't care if it would be exactly like the manga because if it doesn't follow the original story line it would not be Tokyo ghoul. Mad
And what was with the opening for season 2!? It is worth nothing compared to op 1. I judge the op based on both song and video and season 2 failed at both, I really hope season 3 is done by the band that did op 1, I actually don't mind if the creators kept the first op (unravel) throughout the entire series.

I have had enough of the censorships and scene cuts of blood and gore in anime, it is one the best aspects and yet it is utterly removed. I hope the same problem doesn't continue for future anime.

I hope you and everyone else know that SEASON 2 (ROOT A) IS LITERALLY THE EXACT SAME AS THE MANGA, besides the fact thht Kaenki joined Aogiri. Other than that his actions and everyone else was the same spoiler[well and Hide] but thats it.

Have you even read the manga? Root A is an abomination... They fused 3 arcs into one and changed the content... Also Kaneki doesn't even have a personality on root a...
RestLessone

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:45 pm Reply with quote
Rukiia wrote:
Hold the phone......this all sounds that one website posting false information about Tokyo Ghoul Season 3 being green lit for Winter 2016 release.

Game Samba posted a press release. GS creates game apps and has been involved with Funimation in doing it; first the Fairy Tale game, now the Tokyo Ghoul game for 2016. There isn't any specification on when in 2016. The news itself was floating around sketchier sites like Inquisitr and Crossmap (some super Christian news site idk) that caught it first.

Anyway, the press release and associated company are real and have ties to Funimation. It may just be an error on whoever wrote it; they may have meant season 2 will be released in 2016 in North America. Though Funimation's willingness to assure a non-specific "release" in 2016 but not confirm season 3 is odd. Sounds like if it was an error they would have said it outright. Maybe they didn't have clearance to mention season 3 in a press release so have to be vague about it now.
0Ninjaz0

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:48 pm Reply with quote
Jajanken wrote:
Exalted Incarnate wrote:

I hope you and everyone else know that SEASON 2 (ROOT A) IS LITERALLY THE EXACT SAME AS THE MANGA, besides the fact thht Kaenki joined Aogiri. Other than that his actions and everyone else was the same spoiler[well and Hide] but thats it.

It is not the same as the manga though. They cut out an extreme amount of content, and what was similar to the manga was altered just with a lot of the same events. What which was actually the exact same as the manga was mostly the casual dialogue scenes and the end arc, just that it resulted differently.
Rukiia

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:51 pm Reply with quote
RestLessone wrote:
Rukiia wrote:
Hold the phone......this all sounds that one website posting false information about Tokyo Ghoul Season 3 being green lit for Winter 2016 release.

Game Samba posted a press release. GS creates game apps and has been involved with Funimation in doing it; first the Fairy Tale game, now the Tokyo Ghoul game for 2016. There isn't any specification on when in 2016. The news itself was floating around sketchier sites like Inquisitr and Crossmap (some super Christian news site idk) that caught it first.

I was not talking about Game Samba nor the rumours of a game, I was addressing the Season 3 speculation which some random blogger made a false website about it being green lit and fans were posting the shit out of it on Funimation's Facebook page.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
RestLessone

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:56 pm Reply with quote
^
I apologize. I thought you were equating the two. The situations are similar, but this would at least has the possibility of being legitimate.
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:58 pm Reply with quote
Jajanken wrote:

Right, like the part where they raided the doctor's place, OH WAIT!
Or the part where Kanneki teams up with Tsukiyama and the other to... OH WAIT!
Or when he beats the shit out of Ayato, OH WAIT!
Or when he fights Arima, OH WAIT!
Or when he meets Hide in the sweres OH WAIT!
Or when Hide is NOT DEAD!!!

Re; is an abomination that only looked like the manga at the surface level.
D.E.D.E

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:18 pm Reply with quote
Jajanken wrote:
Exalted Incarnate wrote:

Except for the fact that it's not. Season 2 absolutely butchered the manga, and got rid of essential elements that carry over to :Re. You can't say because it got the general outline it's a good or even remotely faithful adaptation. Season 2 was lazy and pretty much inexcusable really. Plot points weren't followed through, characters were randomly introduced and given no further purpose whatsoever. What your saying pretty much the same as saying the Last Airbender, DB:E or Eragon were good adaptations or the same as the original sources as they basically followed the same plot points. Even the freaking animation was garbage. There's a very good reason the season bombed HARD in sales over in Japan
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:22 pm Reply with quote
Could this perhaps mean that Funimation wants to finance a third season of Tokyo Ghoul? If there is an N.A. publisher with enough resources/money to pull this off, it is Funimation.
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:29 pm Reply with quote
I'm so excited for this! Very Happy

I thoroughly enjoyed both seasons despite some pacing issues. The loose ends were killing me so I'm glad they will get answered.
Felicity dash

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:47 pm Reply with quote
xMemorie wrote:
Pierrot... please don't... just give it to Madhouse... please.

Well I like Madhouse, besides Pierrot did a lot of uneeded censoring than what needed to be censored & also the family of Dorito chins would be gone.
Jedi Master Kirito

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:49 pm Reply with quote
leatherhead333 wrote:
I'm so excited for this! Very Happy

I thoroughly enjoyed both seasons despite some pacing issues. The loose ends were killing me so I'm glad they will get answered.

I agree, although I think it was 'overhyped'. In particular, I want to know a) whether Kaneki actually died and b) what happened to Hinami and the rest of Aogiri.
Ferax

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:04 pm Reply with quote
i feel bad for the mangaka men getting his work butchered for a 3rd time
BWLJ

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:06 pm Reply with quote
So what exactly is up with the hate for anime anyways? As someone who read the manga before the anime was even announced I don't get it.

As a stand alone thing the anime is pretty good, and as an adaptation it's pretty damn solid. I mean, yes, it kind of sucks that they had to drop some subplots (mostly in the second season). But the anime still has a solid narrative, good direction and writing. All the themes and ideas from the manga are still there and presented well.

The only thing I could see as pissing people off would be that season one ended without completing an arc. But even that was just a cliffhanger.
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:07 pm Reply with quote
xMemorie wrote:
Pierrot... please don't... just give it to Madhouse... please.

Madhouse aren't almighty, there is only so much they can do. Let them do their shows, I rather get a new season than a reboot. For what it's worth, S1 and S2 were entertaining and that's all I care about. You like the manga, then go read it, just because an anime strays away doesn't mean it needs a reboot.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4