• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: The Idolm@ster's Yurina Hase Explains Why She Left Yukiho Role

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:15 am Reply with quote
It's as if the talent agencies generally see their seiyuu as little more than disposable volunteers instead of actual talent, if that's the case. The manager could have at least offered Yurina Hase some sort of compensation for all that work she put into her persona as Yukiho before saying bye bye to her for good.
yu3lora

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:43 am Reply with quote
God has a reason for everything my friend. Smile
omiya

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:49 am Reply with quote
Alabaster Spectrum wrote:

On the surface it appears like pretty girls singing, smiling, laughing and dancing and sharing a good time with fans like some sort of folk party but the reality is behind pretty much every idol group is some greedy producer, sometimes the same ones like in the case of the 48's and the popular anime idols like u's (Love Live), iDOLM@STER and Star*Anis (Aikatsu) that are basically all produced by a guy named Yasuhi Akimoto or Lantis respectively who basically play the role of puppet master or Impressario and actually handles pretty much every aspect of an idol groups image, lyrics, choreography and generally lives since they're not allowed to break character similar to what it's like in Pro Wrestling or they could risk jeopardizing their careers and the others since everything relies on being idealized.

Do you think that Lantis are in the same category as other Idol group management? Remember that Yoshino Nanjo is one of μ's yet still has a solo career and a still performs as part of fripSide. Lantis made a generous commitment to their artists' fans with the 15th anniversary concerts in several countries and have appeared to be looking out for the best for their artists and the music of anime industry for the long term.

I don't attend the live shows for the idol acts but as far as the members sing well and enjoy themselves I'm happy for them. It's also good to hear artists in their own right that had previously been in an idol group (including Yumi Hara from the original Idolmaster), although maybe the distinction should be made between an idol-only group and a group who are also voice actresses for an anime series.
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:33 pm Reply with quote
omiya wrote:
Alabaster Spectrum wrote:

On the surface it appears like pretty girls singing, smiling, laughing and dancing and sharing a good time with fans like some sort of folk party but the reality is behind pretty much every idol group is some greedy producer, sometimes the same ones like in the case of the 48's and the popular anime idols like u's (Love Live), iDOLM@STER and Star*Anis (Aikatsu) that are basically all produced by a guy named Yasuhi Akimoto or Lantis respectively who basically play the role of puppet master or Impressario and actually handles pretty much every aspect of an idol groups image, lyrics, choreography and generally lives since they're not allowed to break character similar to what it's like in Pro Wrestling or they could risk jeopardizing their careers and the others since everything relies on being idealized.

Do you think that Lantis are in the same category as other Idol group management? Remember that Yoshino Nanjo is one of μ's yet still has a solo career and a still performs as part of fripSide. Lantis made a generous commitment to their artists' fans with the 15th anniversary concerts in several countries and have appeared to be looking out for the best for their artists and the music of anime industry for the long term.

I don't attend the live shows for the idol acts but as far as the members sing well and enjoy themselves I'm happy for them. It's also good to hear artists in their own right that had previously been in an idol group (including Yumi Hara from the original Idolmaster), although maybe the distinction should be made between an idol-only group and a group who are also voice actresses for an anime series.

You should really be concerned about what goes on behind the scenes, there is a lot of corporate tyranny going on in the idol industry and unlike other industries there are real people getting hurt left and right, it's not just a little bribery and a few backroom deals between executives, managers, and other employees, rights of real people and even the Japanese constitution are being violated for profit. They are often gambling with peoples' dreams, happiness, and lives and the results are often abysmal for the idol. There's already been visual proof of the corporate tyranny, there was a picture of Kanna Hashimoto on this site and she was extremely exhausted, sleep deprived, and overworked, like worse than an athlete and even then athletics is supposed to be exhausting, it's exercise, being an idol should not be more exhausting than a sport.
omiya

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:50 am Reply with quote
Hoppy800 wrote:

You should really be concerned about what goes on behind the scenes, there is a lot of corporate tyranny going on in the idol industry and unlike other industries there are real people getting hurt left and right, it's not just a little bribery and a few backroom deals between executives, managers, and other employees, rights of real people and even the Japanese constitution are being violated for profit. They are often gambling with peoples' dreams, happiness, and lives and the results are often abysmal for the idol. There's already been visual proof of the corporate tyranny, there was a picture of Kanna Hashimoto on this site and she was extremely exhausted, sleep deprived, and overworked, like worse than an athlete and even then athletics is supposed to be exhausting, it's exercise, being an idol should not be more exhausting than a sport.

I haven't noticed idol acts apart from those who are seiyuu.

I did previously make the distinction of the seiyuu that play Idols (e.g. Asami Imai and Yumi Hara of IdolMaster fame) and the idols who are not both singers and anime voice actresses such as Kanna Hashimoto.

Checking back on Animelo Summer Live appearances, Yurina Hase wasn't as far as I know in any performances as part of the Idolmaster unit, being only listed for an IdolMaster game and not any of the anime parts of the franchise and not listed as a singer.

There is a healthy level of support and community amongst the people of music of anime that crosses record company and management boundaries. I've seen Yumi Hara and Asami Imai of the original Idolmaster anime at various venues including Saitama Super Arena for Animelo Summer Live shows and smaller venues like Tokyo Dome City Hall for 5pb Live 2013 and Akihabara Twin Box, a venue holding around 200 people for a show with Yumi Hara, Ayane and Aira Yuuki.

I don't condone treating people like slaves, but the music of anime field that I've followed seems to be a far more humane and supportive occupation (although highly demanding, I don't know where the likes of Nana Mizuki and Minori Chihara get the energy for all the singing and voice acting that they do).
MrBonk

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:00 am Reply with quote
{First off, one-liners are generally frowned upon here. Second of all, you don't say exactly what is screwed up. So, please: Edit this post to say what you find screwed up and your reasoning for finding it so screwed up. Thank you. ~nobahn}
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2