• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
P. A. Works' Kuromukuro TV Anime to Have 26 Episodes

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ali07

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 8:22 pm Reply with quote
Ah, this is a pleasant surprise. At least now I know that later this year I'll have a 26 episode series waiting for me to watch on Netflix...

Well, that is, if I don't end up forgetting about its existence, due to checking out the new anime series that will be released by then too. Or that I hear it was a poor show due to seeing online chatter about it before Netflix gets around to making it available to me.
JC_Denton

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 9:34 pm Reply with quote
To be fair, i start doubt will this show have BD/DVD for sell at all since there still no any info, and the official site doesn't have BD/DVD/Product page for prepare.
yuna49

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 12:22 am Reply with quote
According to this piece at IGN, this show was supposed to start streaming on Netflix on April 11th. A search there for "Kuromukuro" brings up nothing. Does it have an English title on Netflix, or is the IGN article wrong about the start date?
relyat08

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 2:36 am Reply with quote
yuna49 wrote:
According to this piece at IGN, this show was supposed to start streaming on Netflix on April 11th. A search there for "Kuromukuro" brings up nothing. Does it have an English title on Netflix, or is the IGN article wrong about the start date?

That's specifically for Japan. This is exactly how the release for Ajin went as well. Netflix streams it 3 or so days after the TV premiere in Japan, and a week or two after the season ends everywhere else.
JC_Denton

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 2:39 am Reply with quote
relyat08 wrote:
yuna49 wrote:

That's specifically for Japan. This is exactly how the release for Ajin went as well. Netflix streams it 3 or so days after the TV premiere in Japan, and a week or two after the season ends everywhere else.

Funny part is Kuromukuro in Netflix Japan have official english subs lol.
Responder

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 7:42 am Reply with quote
relyat08 wrote:
I suppose this means that those of us waiting for the Netflix stream are now going to have to wait an additional 3 months to see this... thanks Netflix...

I'm in Japan, so I don't have to wait Very Happy. It's a shame that I have no interest in the series, and besides, Hulu is so much bigger in Japan, though I don't know if they have the exclusive streaming rights to anything.
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 7:52 am Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:

Yep. I am also waiting for the legal stream. I hope Netflix adds it on December.

I expect it will be sometime in October. Aside from The Seven Deadly Sins, the anime series Netflix have exclusively licensed have been made available soon after the season ends.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 4:08 pm Reply with quote
JC_Denton, with this and them not willing to stream to the outside world in more languages, I don't think their in much position crying foul for someone ripping and putting on YT.
ChrissyC

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 4:16 pm Reply with quote
Engineering Nerd wrote:
Although so far the BD/DVD aren't out for preorder yet, I have a feeling that its eventual sales figures won't be pretty.

Hopefully I am wrong.

I agree. It lacks riveting material.

Though, I am happy that it is 26 Episodes. I enjoy it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2