• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Fastest Finger First

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Thacker

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:28 pm Reply with quote
I really enjoyed having a real quiz episode again. I remember learning twenty five years ago that Mexico was the United Mexican States (or United States of Mexico), and was screaming at the TV that was the answer that she should say first.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:46 am Reply with quote
Episode 10

So who all answered "Spiderman!" to the Sword of Damocles question? Laughing

The whole disciples question I was singing the Apostles Song in my head, and was kinda thrown when they included Thaddeus, who apparently is Jude. I wonder if they would've accepted Jude as a right answer?

Peter, Andrew, James, and John,
Fishermen of Capernaum,
Thomas and Saint Matthew too,
Philip and Bartholomew.
James the Less and Jude the brave,
Simon the Zealot, and Judas the knave.
Twelve disciples here in all,
Answering the Master's call.

There's another version sung to Jesus Loves Me, but that's not the one I learned as a kid at Bible School. Smile
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:21 pm Reply with quote
Episode 12

That was a nice finish. They did a really good job of drawing that out after the big question without it feeling like padding at all. The yaoi-shippers were funny too (and those were really unique signs for the restrooms!). The only thing missing was ending without ever telling us what the deal was with Mari's brother. If they didn't have time for it this season, they shouldn't have brought it up yet. Here's hoping for a second season.

And while Mikuriya hasn't had a lot of dialog until this episode, I still feel stupid for not realizing his seiyuu also played Kageyama (Haikyuu!!)! I should've recognized that grumpy delivery sooner. Wink
r0verandom

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:34 am Reply with quote
And thats how AOTS ends. They didn't show last round but that is common for this kind of story, when MC's team gets knocked out in semifinals you usually never see finals, and they don't have to show us. I'm actually surprised of the amount of different rounds and rules they showed in this anime.

Whole show was so engaging and tense with cool and lovable characters.

I'm sure to watch if there will be more of it in the future (seems unlikely tho).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2