• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Vice & Luna - It All Returns to Nothing

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Calsolum

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 11:47 am Reply with quote
I bet Vice's favourite mangaka is Kentaro Miura.
Damn bastard needs to stop playing idolmaster, doing side projects and finish his damn masterpiece. Or at least be consistent with it.

regarding infinity war the amount of enjoyment you get from it really depends on what sort of fan you are.

Generally if youre a big fan this will have you ruining your pants(in a pleasant way?) by the end and foaming for more.
If youre a moderate fan I still think people will be greatly impressed by it, if it doesn't transform them into the former type of fan.
Then if you're just a casual fan at the very least you'll enjoy it, more so if you're a fan of good fight scenes. This one has some of the most action-packed and impressive sequences to date(they have the money for it after all).

Short version: its difficult to find faults with it and even then its mostly people just nitpicking for the sake of being different, and the pros far outweigh the cons.
Damn I wonder if anime could ever be this popular.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 12:13 pm Reply with quote
Well, at least Anno gets his movies out better than James Cameron.

We got several rebooted Eva films, two Cutie Honey features that led to a another live action TV show, a live action Godzilla. Cameron who's a top tier director promises a Battle Angel Alita film, mentions it several times to let people know I'm still considering it. Does one big budget film that after watching it several times isn't really all that, nothing more of a rehashing of every global takeover with Africanized blue felines and now he's going to work on a 2nd film that hopefully he'll get out before he drops dead. Too much faith was put into that project and disappointment ensured. Now we got a film that looks 2nd best, but dammit we got one!

At least Vice has faith that does get delivered. Eventually. But we are still waiting on that 3.33. Going to see which comes out first Eva 3:33 or Avatar 2. We could take bets while we wait.
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 10:40 am Reply with quote
Chrno2 wrote:
Wut we are still waiting on that 3.33. Going to see which comes out first Eva 3:33 or Avatar 2.

What are you talking about? Eva 3.33 has been out since 2012. I've seen it. I wish I hadn't, but that's a different story.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 11:23 am Reply with quote
DmonHiro wrote:
Chrno2 wrote:
But we are still waiting on that 3.33. Going to see which comes out first Eva 3:33 or Avatar 2.

What are you talking about? Eva 3.33 has been out since 2012. I've seen it. I wish I hadn't, but that's a different story.

Never mind. See this was the problem, the delay was so long even I had forgotten we even bought it. In fact I OWN IT!! And it's been sitting on the shelves for 6 years now collecting dust. How the hell did I miss that?

Well, at least I was right that it came out before Avatar 2.Razz
Calsolum

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 12:00 am Reply with quote
Chrno2 wrote:
Never mind. See this was the problem, the delay was so long even I had forgotten we even bought it. In fact I OWN IT!! And it's been sitting on the shelves for 6 years now collecting dust. How the hell did I miss that?

LMAO
I actually understand that feeling. I've had that happen to me with a ps3 game some time, ended up buying a duplicate and when I came back home my brother was like "I thought you already had that game?"
Me: "I thought I did...but then I thought I didn't?

turns out it was as a free ps plus game which i downloaded ages ago.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 4:19 pm Reply with quote
Calsolum wrote:
Chrno2 wrote:

LMAO
I actually understand that feeling. I've had that happen to me with a ps3 game some time, ended up buying a duplicate and when I came back home my brother was like "I thought you already had that game?"
Me: "I thought I did...but then I thought I didn't?

turns out it was as a free ps plus game which i downloaded ages ago.

Yep. Don't you hate that? That's why you really gotta pay attention. But with so much out there it's very easy to forget that you own it. It's nice that some retailers do keep a record of what you buy. But you can't rely on now can we? Surprised Surprised Surprised

Now--- I ---- just---- can't ----wait--- for that----Eva 4 movie.
TheJaceX

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:55 pm Reply with quote
looks like the comic died again
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2