• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Goblin Slayer Episode 11 to Air on December 22, After Recap Episode This Week

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lossthief
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:33 pm Reply with quote
Schadows wrote:
]More episodes = more sales to VOD websites, and more physical disc (animes a still mmostly sold by volume in japan).

It's still better than Wolf's Rain with it's 4 consecutive recap during the main serie, followed by 4 extra OVA episodes to close the story >__<

It's more that usually there are contracts that require a certain number of episodes to be delivered on a certain schedule, and committee can end up in hot water if they don't meet those deadlines. So if production is behind and an episode won't be finished on time, the option is to deliver it incomplete, or put together a recap with whatever time/resources you have.

Wolf's Rain, rather infamously, had to resort to those recap episodes when a SARS outbreak left much of the animators unable to work.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:01 pm Reply with quote
I remember Darling in the Franxx took several breaks during it's run and also had recap specials so this isn't too surprising to me. It doesn't sound like that unusual of a practice for anime shows.
Schadows

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:08 pm Reply with quote
lossthief wrote:

Wolf's Rain, rather infamously, had to resort to those recap episodes when a SARS outbreak left much of the animators unable to work.
and luckily, it happened to add 2 DVDs to sell thanks to 4 episodes nobody wanted to buy.
kgw

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:13 am Reply with quote
1) from my experience, CR has no saying on broadcasting censor or uncensored version, but what the Japanese rightholders gave them.
2) recap episodes are usually bad news but apparently Goblin Slayer is killing it, so...
3) Also, Japanese broadcasters are dozens of channels all over the country, so probably the production gave them a recap so they would "keep the slot" for the series, better than having a "hole" in their schedules.

Last edited by kgw on Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:46 pm Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
I remember Darling in the Franxx took several breaks during it's run and also had recap specials so this isn't too surprising to me. It doesn't sound like that unusual of a practice for anime shows.

At least those 2 Franxx specials gave us a better understanding of the behind-the-scenes stuff.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2