• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sword Art Online: Alicization Premieres on Toonami on February 9

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Siegfriedl88

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:47 pm Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
While it's not the best anime movie, the SAO movie is far from awful and not even the worst part of the SAO franchise and I personally liked the movie.

yea, i loved it and the soundtrack...worst part of the franchise too me was the 1st "movie" if you want too call it that which was just a recap of season 1 + an added 20 mins story or the fatal bullet game.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:12 pm Reply with quote
Greed1914 wrote:
I'm not surprised to see season 3 since Toonami has a preference for consistency that comes with sequels, but two episodes a week is surprising.

That’s only going to be for the premiere. It’ll be one episode a week after that. I’m interested in how fast they’re getting these dubbed.
Dr. Wily

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:48 pm Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
While it's not the best anime movie, the SAO movie is far from awful and not even the worst part of the SAO franchise and I personally liked the movie.

Yeah, it's stuffed to the brim with nods to the series' past and I love it for that. I mean in the final battle spoiler[literally every character in the show shows up to help, even some background characters and one dead one] and I wanted to cheer when I saw it.
NeverConvex
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:00 pm Reply with quote
Ordinal Scale is the movie everyone's referring to? I can't imagine thinking of it as the worst entry in the SAO franchise -- I mean, it wasn't a life-changing experience, but as the SAO franchise goes I think Ordinal Scale's closer to the top of the anime pile than the bottom.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:46 am Reply with quote
I knew they would eventually dub Alicization, just kind of surprised it's when the second cour is barely underway.

Looking forward to seeing who they cast for Alice and Eugeo.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:01 am Reply with quote
MFrontier wrote:
I knew they would eventually dub Alicization, just kind of surprised it's when the second cour is barely underway.

Looking forward to seeing who they cast for Alice and Eugeo.

I don't know how many weeks they have been working on the Eng. dub, but my guess is they may have started within the last 1.5 months. "Black Clover" and AoT III had a lot quicker turn-around times between the Japanese air date and the Toonami simuldub premiere dates. For a TV airing of a non-Funi simuldub or semi-simuldub, I think it is more convenient to start the showing the Eng. at least 1 season or cour after the Japanese premiere.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2