• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: One Piece Voice Actress Mayumi Tanaka Wants Luffy to Be Her Final Role

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Excoman

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:45 am Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:
That's like saying Sean Connery is the second actor to play James Bonds. It's correct, but it's just a half hour OVA that was made by a different studio.
But it does exist.

Also, it has Norio Wakamoto.
@ASAnime6

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:51 am Reply with quote
louis6578 wrote:
That said, no one can stay on top forever.Even if she doesn't die before the anime ends, how long can a woman her age keep up with all the screaming that comes with playing a character like Luffy?
i'm more concerned about oda's health itself as well since he is a smoker
@ASAnime6

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:55 am Reply with quote
Rob19ny wrote:
Considering Tanaka is 67 years old and the at the pace the anime is going, it is a high possibility she gets what she wants... unless Toei sneaks her with a new DB movie/series that will make Kuririn her last role, but she can always decline. If something does happan before OP anime ends, they can always go back to Luffy's original seiyuu.
how do u know that tanaka chose the original to be after her , if shed died ? she didn't say who will be and this supports it is not his og seiyuu
louis6578

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:11 am Reply with quote
Maybe I'm spoiled on Tanaka's voice, but I don't think OVA Luffy sounded like a good fit. Zoro and Nami were pleasant though
TdFern 87

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:03 pm Reply with quote
Not going to lie thats a scary thought to know but it does leaves something to think about. However she is a Japan VA veteran but also a legend who has been in the anime industry since the high time of the 1990s. So she deserves to think about her future after voice acting. Especially with her close friends and family.
louis6578

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:52 pm Reply with quote
TdFern 87 wrote:
Not going to lie thats a scary thought to know but it does leaves something to think about. However she is a Japan VA veteran but also a legend who has been in the anime industry since the high time of the 1990s. So she deserves to think about her future after voice acting. Especially with her close friends and family.

80s actually. She was in Urusei Yatsura and voiced Krillin since the original DragonBall.
zrdb

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:14 pm Reply with quote
Don't really care about the actor but I'd be very glad to see One Piece of crap end.
Admiral Pizzaman

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:49 am Reply with quote
zrdb wrote:
Don't really care about the actor but I'd be very glad to see One Piece of crap end.

Then why are you there? You seem to care One Piece enough to comment on the article.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2