• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Re:Zero Anime Gets 3rd Season

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SP654

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 9:05 am Reply with quote
Alright, now if only they tell us The 3rd season’s release date
OrdepNM

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 10:01 am Reply with quote
Juno016 wrote:
That's 10 volumes. Season 1 adapted 9 volumes and did a good job, so I'm sure it'll be fine.

Book count isn't everything (Vol. 1 was adapted in 1 double episode, Vol. 2&3 took collectively 10 etc). Arc 5 and 6 have the same book count but they don't have the same plot density, with 5 having alot more stuff you can cut or truncate (plus fight descriptions), so you could probability bag it in 10-11 episodes, possibly with a double episode at the start to take care of volume 16, but Arc 6 really should go back to an average of 4 episodes per book, and that's not even taking into account that volume 25 is a chongster that should easily take 5 at least.

Idk, I'd say it's very tight but maybe a 26 episode season with a double opener and finale (bringing the overall to 28, which is close enough to my preferred 30) could be enough. Or maybe they seen whatever AoT is doing with its "final season" and just tack on a few extra episodes at a later date. Well, regardless, I think the pacing has been appropriate throughout the show so I'm not too worried.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 11:13 am Reply with quote
It makes sense to do another season. The trailer is really cool and intriguing. It is a shame that Crunchyroll has not bothered to release season 2 on BD.

I assume season 3 will air next year.
AJ (LordNikon)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 11:22 am Reply with quote
At least one piece of good news this week. Arc 5 was not great, but 6 was good. Arc 7 web novel just ended.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 11:48 am Reply with quote
Re:Zero returns! I can't wait to see Subaru, Emilia, and the gang again!

Looks like spoiler[the royal candidates with their attendants all gather into a city of water and end up battling the Witch Cult Archbishops.]

Added spoiler tags. Errinundra.
Melicans

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 5:47 pm Reply with quote
Angel M Cazares wrote:
It is a shame that Crunchyroll has not bothered to release season 2 on BD.

Crunchyroll hasn't bothered releasing a lot of series physically. Hopefully that will one day change and S2 eventually comes out.
Sariachan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 8:45 pm Reply with quote
Can't wait to watch it but I need to stack dark chocolate.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Covnam

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 8:55 pm Reply with quote
Awesome, can't wait Smile Hopefully we get some more great tracks from Myth & Roid too =)
Calsolum

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 9:15 pm Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
That trailer is intriguing, but I'm mostly curious about the teaser art and why his reflection has one leg glowing with purple energy.

Emerje

Huh I was staring so much at Emilia's reflection to see if there was anything off about it (like they did in the first opening where her entire reflection is reversed) and just completely ignored subaru.

Gonna guess that he loses his leg and has to use shadow magic to support himself... or maybe his shadow magic (or authority or whatever is his relation to satella) gets stronger and its influencing his reflection. Hoping for the severed leg one.
Juno016

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 2:13 am Reply with quote
Calsolum wrote:
Gonna guess that he loses his leg and has to use shadow magic to support himself... or maybe his shadow magic (or authority or whatever is his relation to satella) gets stronger and its influencing his reflection. Hoping for the severed leg one.

I won't actually spoil it, but as a hint, spoiler[a smidgen of one of your thoughts has some merit to it, and you might be surprised which.] =)
jznrpg13

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 7:02 pm Reply with quote
Yes thank you !
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2