• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Live-action Lupin in production...in the Philippines

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chikara Guchi

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:59 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Hindi kumpleto ang (Ka)puso, kung wala ang (ka)pamilya

Okay, let me try to translate this.
"the heart (partner) is not complete without the family (member)" was that accurate?
the prefix (ka) makes the words "Puso" (heart) into "Heart partners" the slogan by which GMA calls all their viewers, and "Pamilya" (family) into "Member of the family" ABS CBN's slogan.
And yeah, I heard that part in Tsubasa. well, it is good to try and preserve the anime's authenticity, but they should have done so in a way that Filipino viewers are able to comprehend. why, my classmate even asked me "Is Kun his Surname?"
Did you hear it when Sakura called Touya "Touya Onee-sama?" the same thing happened.
and to think they planned to broadcast Deathnote!? Mad
ABS CBN on the other hand has excelent dubbing. I love the tagalog dub of Naruto. I could swear that it was better than the japanese! (though the japanese was pretty good too Smile )
rizha

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:24 pm Reply with quote
OMGsh! What are they thinking? I am sooo not looking forward to that regardless of my location... I swear Lupin III wasn't popular in the Philippines when I was there watching it of years ago. Yeah, sure it was funny, but it was that great. Do they really think making a live-action one would up the ratings much, considering ABS-CBN is already beating them out big time regardless of what each station is showing the viewers? I think not. Well, I think that may be destroying Lupin's image, considering Richard Gutierrez was a former Captain Barbel actor! Euuchhhkk... no offense to anyone. Whatever, ganbare.
GATSU

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:03 pm Reply with quote
There also appears to be a live-action Sailor Moon wannabe thingy over there.
KAtchan15

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:13 pm Reply with quote
Chikara Guchi wrote:
looking at GMA’s quality of entertainment, I feel bad for Lupin III’s story line. As a theater director once said, “they will bastardize it as they do with everything.”

When you say "Leading station" in the Philippines, you [b]ALWAYS see this logo.

Quality of entertainment, Well...we all have different predilections and "quality of entertainment" is a matter of personal preference.

Are you serious? Since when were you a ratings expert? I mean you don't make up other people's mind. You're basically saying that ABS IS DEFINITELY the leading station in the Philippines, I have to disagree , no one here really knows which of the two get better ratings. I don't live there anymore, but as far as I'm concerned the quality of these channels are quite excellent.

As for the live action, I don't see why most of you guys are in utter disgust of the idea. It's hate it or love it, it's as simple as that.” Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder." Some things appeal to others and some don't. No matter how much you people hate the idea, there's nothing you can do, but rant out negative things about it. It's going to be made, whether you like it or not. So you might as well just bear with it or just don't watch it at all.

Lupin the third is a really good anime series. The assumptions said by some of you are immoderate. To say that GMA will butcher or isn’t capable of making a decent live action, and ABS is, it’s completely bias. Just see what happens. This pessimism is appalling.
dragondreamzero

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:06 pm Reply with quote
sounds interesting. can't wait to see it.
angelus_0102001

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:58 pm Reply with quote
whats wrong in making a tv series that come in anime series? and also for example, power rangers dino thunder. they based it on japanese series, ABRARANGER. a japanese version of power rangers. i know theres a diffrence between the culture from one country to another, but most importantly, they have one goal, they speak one language. (MY GUESS)
Anime_Freak

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:00 pm Reply with quote
dragondreamzero wrote:
sounds interesting. can't wait to see it.

Agreed. Can't wait til the first episode is finished filming and such so I can see how good it is.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
namelissis

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:49 pm Reply with quote
To Katchan15:

Since we live in the Philippines, we have a broader knowledge on the ratings of these 2 channels.(BTW to those peeps who doesn't know what we're blabbing here, these two are the leading local channels here in the Philippines)...

After the launch of the TFC, ABS-CBN has gained many ratings, that's why GMA also launch an international broadcast of their channel...
Okay, GMA is no. 1 in Manila area since it has a clearer receptions on Antenna but in provinces ABS-CBN has a clearer reception so in most provinces ABS is more viewed...

GMA is only good at the start of the show they make but they tend to be off the storyline as the course goes along, that's the problem woth them. They can't sustain the impact when they release a new show, and almost many have noticed it here...

Quote:
don't worry I've watch some of their shows, cause it's rude if I say all this blah things if I haven't seen their shows... Okay, I watched Encantadia, I really liked it at first but then, okay, WTH is happening... What else, oh Darna too, the same old thing... Speaking of all this fantaserye stuff(short for fantasy series in Tagalog) it all started at ABS-CBN, do you remeber Marina, the first ever fantaserye?! Also, here's another idea that GMA copied, the TFC(the filipino channel), since GMA know that TFC was a huge market they made one too, and hell I don't know what it is!!! So to better clear this issue, to all those who has a GMA International Channel, watch Lupin the 3rd and see for yourself, and give the verdict... But what I'm thankful at GMA is they are the first one who itroduced anime here, so don't worry, I'll give credit for that!!!
infoman99

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:06 pm Reply with quote
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad (crying in a corner) why do they have to ruin animes like this
mabye they should do some better research first before they
start the show.
jetz

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:42 am Reply with quote
namelissis wrote:
can you believe they made Syaoran's name Syaoran Kun, as in Kun is his last name...

First, I couldn't help but laugh when I saw tsubasa's commercial. I was like "Ok, did they seriously think Shaoran's last name was kun?"

namelissis wrote:
I wish ABS will make a good live anime series, they are much better in that aspect... Since GMA is a rip off, and almost always copy the idea of ABS

Second, you can't be sure that they will be better at it because as far as I know, ABSCBN has not made any live action series based on an anime..

Anyway, I will not watch this live action Lupin. for one thing, I hate Richard Gutierrez.. His whole family is full of obnoxious characters.. Also, I'm pretty sure that it will be lame anyway. I don't think they'll stay true with the plot - I noticed that GMA always changes their storylines all the time and try to prolong the show if they find that the audiences like it..
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Abarenbo Shogun

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:09 am Reply with quote
Okay, the thread has deviated somewhat, seems my query shall remain unanswered.
GATSU

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:02 am Reply with quote
Abarenbo: The Japanese studios agree to live-action stuff overseas, cus they got paid for the rights.
karurosan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:47 am Reply with quote
The "Lupin" that will be aired soon in the Philippines is totally different from "Lupin III" that came from Japan.

This is quoted from GMANews.TV:

“The Japanese made an anime based on that, and you know, medyo iba ‘yung names, iba ‘yung supporting characters, and it’s much more comedic, much more fantastic," explains Direk Mike Tuviera (The Promise (2007), Atlantika (2006-2007).

We borrowed straight from the source material, not much from the Japanese version," clarifies Direk. “We focused on the French version, then made our own. Adjusted it talaga for Filipino viewers."

(http://www.gmanews.tv/story/32179/Lupin-and-his-Ladies)

[/i][/b]
karurosan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:59 am Reply with quote
Here's another info.

I quoted this from Wikipedia:

"Arsène Lupin is the name of a fictional gentleman thief who appears in a book series of detective fiction / crime fiction novels written by French writer Maurice Leblanc, as well as a number of non-canonical sequels and numerous film, television, stage play and comic book adaptations."

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arsène_Lupin)

I think this is where GMA's Lupin is based.
mike_s_6

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:07 am Reply with quote
Rehashing anime Anime hyper I actually watched Encantadia before, I thought it was entertaining. But most of the others? Meh.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5